Is YEC science? Is is even really a theory?

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Melanie Griffith movies are not evidence (and are irrelevant).
You missed it again. Maybe I am making it to easy for you. There is a LOT that can be learned about the Hasidic lifestyle from that movie. Watch the trailer, this would not even break your three-minute rule of noninvolvement.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Very few people read research papers
Very few people can read them. Before I come on here and say something I verify what I am saying. People know that. That is why they constantly ask for my citation. Because I am always prepared to show them. But I am not going to spoon-feed them. Why should I? They have to do a little bit more than put 3 minutes of effort into what they are doing;

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Melanie Griffith movies are not evidence (and are irrelevant). Even the "genetic evidence" you think is in the plot is the *wrong* kind. If her character had born the son of the Rabbi's son, that baby boy would have the same Y chromosome as his grandfather (the Rabbi). If it was "the Cohen gene" it would have still been passed along.
It is the mother, not the father that makes a person "Jewish". That is a tradition going back 2,000 years.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God declares the end from the beginning.

Yup.

Everything existed in the Beginning.

Nope.

When God asked Job in 38:4 "“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you know and have understanding." The answer is YES He was there.

YES, He (?) was where? God or Job? God was there. Job wasn't.
God tells him: "Surely you know!" 7 "When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy"

Those morning stars were the angels: including Lucifer, who later rebelled.

Job is considered by some -- myself included -- to be Jobab, mentioned in Genesis 10.

Genesis 10:29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.

It is God's plan to save whosoever is willing to be saved.

Amen! :clap:

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Very few people can read them. Before I come on here and say something I verify what I am saying. People know that. That is why they constantly ask for my citation. Because I am always prepared to show them. But I am not going to spoon-feed them. Why should I? They have to do a little bit more than put 3 minutes of effort into what they are doing;

If you verify something before posting the reference is already at your fingertips. Just add it to you post.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If you verify something before posting the reference is already at your fingertips. Just add it to you post.
I have been doing this for over 40 years. So I do need to update my information. The problem is that I put up with a lot of abuse when I am giving away something for free.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
(staff edit)
The pterosaurs were not dinosaurs, and
equivocation games ( see "depends on
what the meaning of the word is") wasn't
tht repurable when Clinton did it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have been doing this for over 40 years. So I do need to update my information. The problem is that I put up with a lot of abuse when I am giving away something for free.

You've been posting here for a little more than 40 days. I have no idea what you did before coming here, but when you make some of these wild claims and assert you've checked out references before posting, your references are clearly available to you. Please include them.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea what you did before coming here,
I am 70 years old. I spent all of my life to read, study and learn. My father was stationed in Germany just as the war was ending. He was one of the first to liberate the death camps. He was a doctor but I do not think he actually treated any of the survivors. Although there were a lot of things he did not talk about. He always felt you had to do something to be a contributing member of society.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am 70 years old. I spent all of my life to read, study and learn. My father was stationed in Germany just as the war was ending. He was one of the first to liberate the death camps. He was a doctor but I do not think he actually treated any of the survivors. Although there were a lot of things he did not talk about. He always felt you had to do something to be a contributing member of society.

I salute your father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,112.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Before I come on here and say something I verify what I am saying. People know that. That is why they constantly ask for my citation. Because I am always prepared to show them. But I am not going to spoon-feed them. Why should I?

He always felt you had to do something to be a contributing member of society.
Sounds like your father would have taken the time to routinely provide the citations that your are reluctant to. Just an observation.

Upvote 0