✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They just feel it off and on?

It's not a constant feeling? Do normal people have pride for their gender? Like giving themselves a thumbs up? The only angst I really feel is when I feel like I have to conform to some stupid codr of social masculinity. People should express themselves the way they want regardless of their sex. Gender roles should be gotten away with.

I can only speak to how I feel. For me, while I could sometimes forget about it for a while, it would always come back and I would just end up hating myself.

Normal people probably don't despise their body parts and want them gone or entertain thoughts of cutting them off.

For me, it has nothing to do with roles in society. Though I would be happy being a stereotypical housewife, there are many who would not. It's about a painfully disjointed issue with a body that doesn't match what our brains say should be there

Upvote 0

cutekittycat

broken doll
Jun 27, 2012
✟8,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm interesting thread.

I don't really feel like I have a gender. Although I'm content with my physical sex. Not sure if I'd care if I woke up in a woman's body.. No real pride either way.. Lol.

well.. some people can do away with gender alltogether. nothing wrong with that.

Is this normal?

I wish I could understand transgenders.

what do you want to know?

They just feel it off and on? It's not a constant feeling?

i do not think so. i mean, there probably will be times where they kind of hate what they do (social pressure, or whatevs). and vow to not do it again - aka "the purge" (heh) - but it always comes/creeps back.

wonderful the brain is.

Do normal people have pride for their gender? Like giving themselves a thumbs up?

maybe indirectly? i donno... sometimes there is this whole battle of the sexes. i think that is taking pride is it not?

btw, what is 'normal' to you? sorry for picking on your vocab... that is an interesting question though.

and i suppose it is due to the fact that people generally do NOT take aware of their gender that makes transgender so difficult to understand.

The only angst I really feel is when I feel like I have to conform to some stupid codr of social masculinity. People should express themselves the way they want regardless of their sex. Gender roles should be gotten away with.

gender roles also depends on society. that is not to say that if we take away all roles of gender and everyone is free to like whatever to their liking (boys to ponies and girls with trucks - a bit stereotypical, but you get the point), that, a transperson then will be comfortable in their own shoes. that desire of wanting to be the opposite gender will still be there.

it is weird... i mean, it is not because of sex, or nurture, or feminine or masculine or protector... just in the 'binary' world. the brain is wired differently than the body provided.

not sure if i am getting this right. correct me if i am wrong, cutetink.

I wonder what fuels the desire to change ones sex. This must mean that foremost in their mind is the desire to change sex.

not a choice though...

Yet sexual temptation is not the issue or is it?

hardly. people change to be happier live true to themselves.
sex ...sure, bonus...

mind you. a homosexual man wants to be with another man. so changing sex (MTF) to be with a man will defy the purpose for both parties.

What ever happened to the other aspects in ones life, why concentrate on such a thing.

life goes on. all other things are there. transpeople are people too, they have bills to pay, they have to go to work, get an education, file taxes...
the whole transitioning is just another process... but sometimes it remains a priority because, i think, they have to make things right...

Why do people want to change sex and not seek the right form of counselling. I really do not understand at all. I have read most of this thread but it is very long so not all of it.

they do go for counselling.... one does not simply walk into a clinic to get sex change.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
It's about a painfully disjointed issue with a body that doesn't match what our brains say should be there

So is there indeed a clear distinctive concept of where "our brains" tell us "male" or "female"?

A number of times I got into heated debates with (a certain kind of) feminists, who were extremely enraged about the thought that there is indeed a mental difference between men and women. But on the other hand, it is exactly these people who promote the, well, the "normality" of transgenderism... which needs such a difference. And got again quite upset when people like me are asking for a scientific base of such a difference.

I know that there are biological cases of gender disambiguity, and that "gender" is not such a clear cut concept biologically as it is socially.

But this whole idea of changing your body to fit a mental concept in your brain requires a pre-set existing "in the brain".

Is there really a genetical / biological component in our brains that tells us "I should have / shouldn't have certain sexual organs"? Or even other, non-biologicaly determined attributes of "gender"?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So is there indeed a clear distinctive concept of where "our brains" tell us "male" or "female"?

A number of times I got into heated debates with (a certain kind of) feminists, who were extremely enraged about the thought that there is indeed a mental difference between men and women. But on the other hand, it is exactly these people who promote the, well, the "normality" of transgenderism... which needs such a difference. And got again quite upset when people like me are asking for a scientific base of such a difference.

I know that there are biological cases of gender disambiguity, and that "gender" is not such a clear cut concept biologically as it is socially.

But this whole idea of changing your body to fit a mental concept in your brain requires a pre-set existing "in the brain".

Is there really a genetical / biological component in our brains that tells us "I should have / shouldn't have certain sexual organs"? Or even other, non-biologicaly determined attributes of "gender"?

Obviously it would be highly unethical to intentionally create a double blind study, so observational analysis is the best we're going to do, but the case of David Reimer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is pretty much considered the best case study of the issue. When last I researched it, which was some years ago, I admit, the current understanding is that some peripheral elements of one's sense of gender are most certainly social and environmental constructs, but the core of it is indeed innate.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Seemed relevant.
10362644_693676477334481_1622532990093118219_n.jpg

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been told men and women who want to be women and men get operations and take drugs so they look like what they are not born as. Isn't this a lie? Lets say they succeed in not looking like what they were born as and they go meet someone. What then? Do they tell them they can't have children because they have misrepresented themselves or do they live the lie?

They are doing the wrong thing. God creates us to be the way we are, as man or woman. And it is wrong to try to change the gender which God gives to us. Yet, they are sinners just like all the rest of us. And God's love and forgiveness can transform them if only they allow Him to.

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It makes them feel better. I guess as long as the transgendered people are happy, it works enough. Who knows, perhaps medicine will one day advance enough that people can more completely change their gender.

Even if medicine can one day advance to the point that people can completely change their gender, it does not make their actions right in the eyes of God.

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread is being permanently closed due to multiple rule violations including tags in the thread. The offensive tags have been removed.

Please take a moment to review the Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.