Pennsylvania
✟2,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have scrupulously and this brand new thought has come in.

I say "I dont want Jesus going through what he did on the cross and before over me and my mistakes. I don't want to see him hurt and wish there was another way. Also, im sure fellow God and Jesus believers probably would feel the same."

I just dont know if that's disrespectful because he did go through it. It's over with and you can't do nothing to change it. I appreciate everything he did for me and all of his people but just analyzing it i'm like I wouldn't want him to go through all of that just for me. I don't mean it in a bad way at all. What he went through was the worst ever. It shows his character and leadership doing that for us. I can't thank him enough. Thinking that though i just hope that he doesn't get mad at me and does not forgive me for the mistakes I made through life because of that thinking. He could possibly say I thought you didn't need my help but I do need it. I just didn't want him to go through what he did.

Opinions

Thank you

Reactions: BobRyan

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course He is aware of this.
But the scripture says that it pleased God to bruise him.

Isaiah 53:10 KJV
10. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

And in the garden, Jesus prayed that if there was any other way, then spare Him. But there was no other was as evidenced by the fact Jesus went on to the cross.
Matthew 26:39 KJV
39. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

And it is important to know that he did not do this for you! He did it for the Father. You were the fortunate 3rd party who benefited from His work. True He did love you, and sent His son so you could be born into the kingdom.
All of this was done so the Father could have a family.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this wrong to think...?

I have scrupulously and this brand new thought has come in...
It is wrong to let scrupulosity rule your thoughts. No answer you give it will make it shut up and stop harassing you.
You would be better off attacking the OCD, instead.
  1. Get under the care of a psychiatrist (not just a psychologist).
  2. Find a church that is good at dealing with mental illnesses.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I say "I dont want Jesus going through what he did on the cross and before over me and my mistakes. I don't want to see him hurt and wish there was another way. Also, im sure fellow God and Jesus believers probably would feel the same."

I just dont know if that's disrespectful because he did go through it. It's over with and you can't do nothing to change it. I appreciate everything he did for me and all of his people but just analyzing it i'm like I wouldn't want him to go through all of that just for me. I don't mean it in a bad way at all. What he went through was the worst ever. It shows his character and leadership doing that for us. I can't thank him enough. Thinking that though i just hope that he doesn't get mad at me and does not forgive me for the mistakes I made through life because of that thinking. He could possibly say I thought you didn't need my help but I do need it. I just didn't want him to go through what he did.

Opinions

Thank you
The Gospel solution is just and merciful.

Sin is like the crime of murder because it removes one of God's children - it takes the child from God and devotes it to the lake of fire in Rev 20.

So when the justice system catches a murderer it has to do a few things
1. Verify that you have the right person and that they are guilty as charged. An investigative Judgment. Where a jury of their peers agrees that all is fair.
2. Punish the murderer in a way that deters all would-be murderers - very unpleasant.
3. Eliminate the murder

The gospel does all of that -- what you are complaining about is the unpleasantness of #2. Which is what it is designed to do.

IN the case of one who rejects the gospel we have -
1. They are judged as we see in Dan 7, Rom 2:4-16, 2 Cor 5:10, Rev 20
2. They are cast alive into the lake of fire in Rev 20
3. Both body and soul are destroyed Matt 10:28

IN the case of the saved (so then in your case)

1. You are judged - Dan 7, Rom 2:4-16, 2 Cor 5:10 (but not Rev 20)
2. The mechanism for getting you the New Birth - is the very very unpleasant torture and death of Christ on the cross.
3. The New Birth -- is the new you and your old sinful nature self is "crucified with Christ" - 'Take up your cross daily"

The whole point of number 2 in all cases is to have something that nobody wants. It is supposed to be a deterrent to sin/crime/rebellion

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@joe.p

His Apostels could not fathom the thought of a crucifixion which is why it was hidden from them till the time had come. Jesus Christ of Nazareth knew that they would not be able to understand or accept it, and he wanted to spare them the pain.Jesus told them that it was all part of God's plan, and that they would understand it all later. We are far removed from that event however, there is no reason we can not feel as they did as long as we know why He did it. Love. Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Opinions

Thank you
This is what happened at the cross ...
Psalm 85:10
King James Bible
Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

Nobody wants anyone to experience pain and suffering (it's not disrespectful to think this) ....He was willing to lay down His life ... otherwise humanity could not continue on (for eternity) ...

Gods love for His creation is unwavering .... there was no other way ... He took on all the sin for all of humanity for all time that they might live (creating the path for us to be reconciled through Him and offers this as a gift) .... it's really quite profound .... Thank you Jesus!!!!! amen.

I think it shows that you understand the magnitude of what took place ... and are humbled by it .... and there's nothing wrong with that ... nor is it disrespectful.

Looking forward to His return ... Amen.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Old Covenant God required the killing of the innocent to atone for sin.

A lamb without blemish. Who would do such an 'inhumane' thing?

This principle was established from the time of the Patriarchs.

This was to prepare the Jews to accept the significance of the sacrifice of Messiah when He came.

He went to the Cross for you and I - innocent death for eternal life.

His every move was motivated by God's Love.

We rightly fall at His feet - undeserved sacrificial Love.

For Joe.

• Informative
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Opinions

Thank you
Jesus reprimanded Peter for having such thoughts .... Matthew 16:21-23

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

A lamb without blemish. Who would do such an 'inhumane' thing?

This principle was established from the time of the Patriarchs.

This was to prepare the Jews to accept the significance of the sacrifice of Messiah when He came.

He went to the Cross for you and I - innocent death for eternal life.

His every move was motivated by God's Love.

We rightly fall at His feet - undeserved sacrificial Love.

For Joe.
Animals can not .... nor ever has atoned for sin. The sacrifices were all pointing to Jesus who is the final sacrifice for all for all time.

The principle of sacrifice was established in the Garden of Eden (after the fall) ... it was to prepare all (not just the Jews). Animal sacrifice began way before Jacob (Israel).

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Animals can not .... nor ever has atoned for sin. The sacrifices were all pointing to Jesus who is the final sacrifice for all for all time.

The principle of sacrifice was established in the Garden of Eden (after the fall) ... it was to prepare all (not just the Jews). Animal sacrifice began way before Jacob (Israel).

Correct - sorry for the wrong choice of words...

It was required but atonement is only through Jesus death on the Cross.

I was trying to focus on the required killing of the innocent.

Upvote 0