Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Now, this is the Conservative Christian position. It has been the position of the Church throughout the ages, so that establishes it as the conservative position at the least. Now that we also see that it is in keeping with scripture, it is undeniably the Christian one. But also, we can appreciate anyone wanting to limit its use for practical reasons such as you've brought to our attention. That is fine. In fact, I have no exceptional opposition to doing without the death penalty altogether, which is a POV not shared by all the supporters of Capital Punishment, as we have seen here.

I withdrew from this argument as I can't see it going anywhere but round in circles.
We will never agree on this one, brother - but I respect your views, and your scriptural backing.
However - perhaps it would be more accurate to say this is a conservative Christian position?
Because as this thread shows, there are a great many conservative Christians who are equally convinced of the opposite viewpoint....

Reactions: Tangeloper
Upvote 0

PenelopePitstop2

Sep 15, 2006
✟16,428.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You're right Criada, good call and wise words.

I am not looking to be right here just for the record. I just think it is one of those areas in the word that is not as clear as we would like and I honestly find discussions like this, as long as it remains civil, are edifying because it causes me to ponder, reflect and question my own viewpoint and see whether my belief is one based on influence from my past, my culture, my experience, my exposure to life and so on, or whether it is truly a conviction of my heart.

I haven't had chance to look up the scriptures that Albion posted but I will. I want to study them and not just read them.

Bless you Belinda and Criada:hug:

Upvote 0