• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Is this story related to the Mark of the Beast?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by BABerean2, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:28 AM.

1. Hammster

Hammster Jesus is Post-Mil Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The beast was Nero.
    The beast was Nero.
    The 42 months are first century.
    You aren’t the first person who has made that claim. It’s been made through the centuries. And all because of a misreading of clear teachings of Christ.

2. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,374
    Non-Denom
    Let me ask you this though. If globalism took over sovereignty of nations and they opposed Christians telling them they have to deny Christ or the Christian faith AND....there was a marking system of not being able to buy and sell would you not come to a place where to start wondering that maybe, just maybe the futurists were correct?

3. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    What does a global government have to do with anything?

4. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Not at all. Why should I think Jesus got it wrong?

5. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,332
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Not Nero. Nero did not meet his end by being cast alive into the lake of fire.

The 42 months end with Jesus's return. The 42 months have not happened yet.

You are making a generalized statement,
    Who are the other persons during the centuries are basing their claim on Jerusalem being back in the hands of the Jews in 1967?

No one predicted Jerusalem being back in the hand of the Jews in 1967. How could they, they had no basis.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021 at 7:17 AM
  6. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Generation of the fig tree. A generation is 40 years. Nero emperor of Rome 54-68 AD. The destruction of Jerusalem by Rome 70 AD.

7. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,374
    Non-Denom
    So your Reformed theology is so absolute in this matter of 666 that you'd do what if they DID bring in a mark? Go ahead and take it? And if the mark WAS somehow strangely something to do with 666 or even 616 you'd just go ahead without giving it a second thought? I'd hope at least it would cause you to pause and re-evaluate.

8. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,332
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    No one in this forum, in any post, in any thread, is saying Jesus got anything wrong.

9. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't know about Hammster, but if everything that's described before the mark of the beast had taken place first in the present, I'd know by then that I was wrong. That's how we know the vaccine isn't the mark of the beast, because the stuff proceeding it hasn't happened yet or it already happened around 70 AD.

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,514
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Search for Mandatory Small Pox Vaccinations under US Law and relieve your superstitions.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Uh oh, that vaccination actually left a mark on my arm. But wait, the Bible says the mark will be on the forehead or on the hand. Unless by hand it meant shoulder.

12. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I hope that this isn’t too much of a shock, but 1967 isn’t in the Bible.

13. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Okay. Is there more?

14. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The real mark of the beast is the counterfeit mark of the Lamb. It’s not any more literal than

“You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
    Deuteronomy 11:18

15. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    So why should I think that He did?

16. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Most likely. But that's all I was able to come up with off the top of my head.

17. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I just didn’t understand your point.

18. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You asked me if there was more. Which I figured meant is there more to it than what I said. My reply was that there most likely is more to it. But what I said is all I can think of about it off the top of my head. Nero and the destruction of Jerusalem took place within a generation of Jesus giving the parable of the fig tree. So I think the generation of the fig tree already took place around 70 AD.

19. Hammster

+20,694
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Gotcha. :oldthumbsup:

20. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,313
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Immunization has been with us for two centuries. They are also required in order to attend school. Vaccination policy in the United States - Wikipedia