samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
And everyone who has said that on a thread I see them sinning here on CF in their posts. Bearing false witness against someone, not showing the fruit of the Spirit, not loving their neighbor as themselves.

It is almost laughable. Anyone can 'say' anything.

Are you saying you are without sin since you have been saved? You never lusted in your heart for another person or a car or a house or what your neighbor has that you do not?

I would laugh but making that statement is impossible and shows how out of touch some our with who they are and how righteous God is. Sin once and your sinful. It's black or white. No gray. Righteous or unrighteous.

Glad you didn't laugh because I wouldn't want you to sin by mocking God's word.

1 John 3:9 - "Whoever has been born of God does not sin"

I agree it's impossible without God's grace. However, "with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)”

Many people who think they have God's grace do not have it which is why it is impossible for them. Scripture says faith alone is not enough. Repentance is also necessary.

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say... Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

John 5:28-29 - Jesus said "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 18
8 “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

Is this speaking to the unsaved about salvation, or is this speaking to those already saved?

Salvation means rescued, saved. And according to the scriptures, that everyone were condemn, never to return back into the present of God. Which means for the rest of our lives, that we will have to deal with being around evil for the rest of our lives. Never to be quenched from it, but have to endure the acts that comes with it forever, weeping and gnashing at the teeth forever and ever. Like during the time when Herod had ordered to kill all of the children that were two years old, that nobody had stood up to against Herod because no one did not care or were scared because they were weak. That nothing could be done about it.
Until someone has came, to show that mankind can still be worthy to be in the presence of God.

Genesis 16:11 The angel of the Lord also said to her: “You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has heard of your misery.

Exodus 3:7 The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.

1 Samuel 8:18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

Isaiah 54:6 The Lord will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected,” says your God.
7 “For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.
8 In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,”
says the Lord your Redeemer.

Isaiah 41:17 “The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
And everyone who has said that on a thread I see them sinning here on CF in their posts. Bearing false witness against someone, not showing the fruit of the Spirit, not loving their neighbor as themselves.

It is almost laughable. Anyone can 'say' anything.

Are you saying you are without sin since you have been saved? You never lusted in your heart for another person or a car or a house or what your neighbor has that you do not?

I would laugh but making that statement is impossible and shows how out of touch some our with who they are and how righteous God is. Sin once and your sinful. It's black or white. No gray. Righteous or unrighteous.

REALLY? What I am saying is exactly what John, the author of love says. Read along here: 1John:2:1: "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" Please do a bible only study on what it means to be sinless, holy, sanctified, perfect, justified. Just because I have sinned in my past does that mean I cannot be perfect today? I am told and believe with all my heart to the point of knowing that when I do what John states in 1John:1:9: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." God makes it happen. God will cleanse me from all unrighteousness whenever I ask Him to. I will never say that I am sinless because that is a sin of itself. I will say that God's promise is true and I claim all of His promises by faith, and know that they are so. I don't just"believe" what God says. I know it by faith. That is what the mustard seed faith is all about.

Besides, I did not make the rules. I did not say that it is impossible to sin with Christ in our hearts John did. By arguing these points you are not arguing with me but against God's word. We read in 1John:3:8&9: "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Those who try to use Paul's writings to prove how wrong Peter James and John are have no idea what Paul is referring to in his writings. We must balance out Paul's writings, who wrote to heathens, and idol worshiping gentiles, with Peter James and John. To throw away the whole bible and prove salvation from Paul's writings is what I use to do, until the Lord started revealing the real meanings of Peter James and John's writings. Please pray that the Lord will reveal the blessing of obedience to you like He has to the few, who will enter the straight gate.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Glad you didn't laugh because I wouldn't want you to sin by mocking God's word.

1 John 3:9 - "Whoever has been born of God does not sin"
I don't think that verse is suppose to stand alone. If we look at both verses together, we can see what the context was of what is said.
1 John 3:9
"Whoever has been born of God does not sin" 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say... Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!
So who do you believe these people will be?

The saved

The unsaved

Combination of both the saved and the unsaved

Upvote 0