Is this a gift that feels like a curse? Advice on being oversensitive to Spirits

seabe

Top_man
Apr 21, 2008
Botswana
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am familiar with part of what you are going through. The fear, the oppression, nightmares and ghosts! Christian programmes can scare you and wonder if you too have to be vomiting like they do in deliverances!
I will share with you my experience and the solution which i find working!

Its not easy to focus on love, because fear binds and its in the soul.
Isaiah 54
14In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
Oppression is a result of fear, sometimes we feel like we dont deserve the mercy of God, and our sin is too much. This is a door for spiritual attack.

In short, my dear friend! Please believe with me that God is doing a new thing in your life from today and it shall spring forth.
Isaiah 43
18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
Please visit the site below and study the material slowly and surely! I have just began it not long ago and its quiet interesting.

http://www.centervilleroad.com/downloads/class-books/Romans.pdf

Check other downloads, please don't rush and study all the books at the same time! Victory,will begin to manifest,coz remember the greatest battle is bewteen the spirit and the soul.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My family all have been born sensitive before having been saved.......generational curses however are real and you must ask God to forgive your family and renounce what your family has done that didnt invovle our Lord and savior Jesus Christ..these tribal rituals and religions involving mother earth and rebuke it and rebuke it in Jesus name.. whowever you just might have a gift my dear....and its a gift in the sense it helps you to be aware of whats going on, and who is being motivated by what. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you and protect you and anytime you feel off about anything just rebuke it away in Jesus name. With the blood of Christ maye He rid you of any past sins or spirits that might have been associated with ritual practices in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

seabe

Top_man
Apr 21, 2008
Botswana
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The secret is here! read the word of God, have faith in God (Romans 1:17) live by faith. Let it be a step wise construction, that is why the bible says through the word of God his righteousess is revealed from faith to faith (Romans 1:17).
> Know the word of God, pray according to the word of God.
> Step wise, as you practise that the power of the flesh (a doorway to satanic attacks) will extinguish.
> Please try it for a month, on daily basis. You will see growth.
The problem with us christians is that we are not organised in our studies,we want to know everything in a day,make a course outline. there are so many valuable resources nowadays, like the site below:
Free Bible Class Books, Sermon Outlines, Bulletins, Bible Correspondence Course and Studies
IN conclusion (I don't like to be long) in II Corinthians 10:4-6. We like this scripture but it dosen't work for us because we apply it wrongly.
The word of God is powerful to bging down the spiritual pride which is in our souls.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for defining it so well, and clarifying to prevent misunderstandings.

When God places people in a Body fellowship, He mixes giftings so that a balanced support system is in place. Hands, eyes, legs. But the result, is that few people with the same gift are nearby, and understand your gifting. People draw similar personalities to themselves, and the loudest people tend to win out.

I know quite a few people who describe their discerning of spirits in almost exactly the same way. I am glad you are praying for people and acting on what God has given you.

It seems there is a little question inside you whether the gift is natural or post-conversion... and I don't think it matters. God has created us with certain personality traits, and He knows how we will serve others well in faith. If we think of ourselves in a pure Adamic state, then we wouldn't need post-conversion add-ons. But that is another topic.
when it is written in the bible that I should not.
It is?
I am surprised that as a Pentecostal, others are treating this as ungodly. In the Charismatic churches I have attended, this is considered normal and useful. Not completely understood and investigated, but definitely in line with God's purposes.

I think that all of us have a little bit of spiritual sensitivity we don't want to admit to. We are born with a body, mind, and spirit.

Feel free to PM if the thread becomes a debate.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Maremma

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well dear my heart is breaking for you.Something I have become aware of over all my years of being Christian is that:
1-God knows us before we are born and whether we will get saved or not
2-We are born with the gifts God has in store for us, they are just weaker and we are unable to use them properly when unsaved or new Christians.Sort of like a seed deposit but it can't grow until we are saved and the Holy Spirit nurtures it.
3-Satan has capitalized on this information and will quickly figure out what the gifts will be and tries to use them for HIS purposes instead.

I know a lot of people would argue with my understanding of this but I have seen it way to many times to think it is coincidence. Look at people's spiritual gifts, then look at their personalities then look at their pre-conversion lives and you will also see the same pattern I was seeing that brought me to this conclusion.
Look at Saul for example before his conversion he was VERY zelous and determined to "preach" his negative views about Jesus and take physical action to destroy people that believed in Jesus. After his conversion? God took the same fire and zeal that satan was misappropriating for his own advantage and used it for what it was intended for all along.
Another example, I was born compassionate. I know that it is my number one spiritual gift. I also know that God has given me more than one but the others are not quite as strong as compassion.
I even recall feeling exactly as you do about my "gifts" Are they REALLY gifts or curses? It HURTS to carry some of them. I also am very sensitive to the spirit world. I can feel, smell and sometimes see things no one else can and it is scary to me at times.
Well satan was well aware of these gifts that were instilled in me and so wanted to use them to his advantage.. He would torture me and overwhelm me with thoughts of all the abused, starving sick and weak that are suffering in the world, human and animal alike. HE would send nightmares after me all the time. One top of that I can FEEL what others are feeling so he was sure to keep putting as many tortured souls in my presence as possible at one time to overwhelm me.
It was maddening and opened the door to many other problems including suicidal depression, anxiety, paralyzing fear. I have since learned a lot of valuable lessons.

I also know that satan doesn't "play fair" Even though Jesus blood breaks curses unless we APPLY His blood over them satan tries to continue to come against us with them. He is constantly looking for loopholes in the law HE is still under to be allowed to do things to us. Only US that are saved by grace are no longer under the law. Satan and the unsaved are still forced to operate under the law.
APPLY the blood of Jesus to ALL generational curses. Ask forgiveness for your forefathers (and foremothers) and be sure you have forgiven them yourself as well. It will not stop all the attacks but it is in obedience that we do these things.

Start praying for the Lord to protect your mind body and spirit from anything evil. Pray for a hedge of protection to surround you your property your family and do it every day. Before you go to sleep be sure to ask the Lord to protect you while you sleep and direct your dreams. Pray daily that all gifts can ONLY be used by the Lord and that satan be unable to tamper with them in any way.
I was under spiritual attack at one time that even involved physical manifestations against me. I had been praying daily for someone to be freed from a cult. I was indeed physically exhausted from the spiritual battle. I had been attacked in my sleep and woke to being suffocated.
I had a dream that I was sleeping on this little cot in this little room. I woke up and wanted to leave the room. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I started feeling around the door jam for a key to get me out. I suddenly felt yanked backwards and thrown back onto the cot, it scared me so bad I woke up to having my head being clawed at as if it was desperately trying to get into my mind. I learned quickly that I had to pray EVERY night before sleep for protection no matter HOW tired I was.
I was very grateful that the Lord didn't allow me to go any deeper into sleep and was grateful for the warning about not praying EACH night before sleep but I also knew now that God warned me it was MY responsibility to be sure I prayed EVERY night. Sleep leaves us more vulnerable. We need to have a hedge of protection around us and give complete control to God of our dreams or we WILL be taken advantage of.

The bigger the threat the harder satan fights back.

Upvote 0

Maremma

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have cut my post in half due to its length. I am sorry for that if it bothers you. I want to also talk to you concerning you sensing when things are going to happen and having dreams. God also does those things with His people as well. Prophesy is also a gift.
Now that we have the Holy Spirit living inside us it is going to be more common than in Old Testament times that God's people will have the gift of prophesy and dreaming dreams. Jesus told us He was sending us a teacher, comforter, advocate. The Holy Spirit. Before that we were spiritually dead inside and so would have been completely cut off from the spiritual world. The ONLY source of those things (unless God put his spirit on a prophet of course) would have been demons. Indeed WE must be far more careful now because we ARE now spiritually "alive" and no longer completely cut off from "that world". The more evil the times we live in the more power of the Holy Spirit we are going to need to stand firm against it.

I have on many occasions had God warn me that certain things were coming. I do not see them as evil. I see them as His showing His love for me. He KNOWS how sensitive I am. He KNOWS everything that is going to happen before it happens. He promised not to let anything happen to us that we are not capable of bearing. So if He warns me ahead of time that I am going to lose one of my animals for example I see that as Him loving me enough to give me time to pray for strength endurance or whatever else I will need at that time to make it through the heartache. There was even a time when He warned me and I pleaded with Him not to do it and to give me a little more time with one of my most beloved pets. He indeed gave me the extra time. Not once but twice with two different pets.
I was warned months before my husband lost his job that he was going to lose it. Unfortunately I gave myself heck and tried to convince myself that God DIDN'T just tell me that. I told myself I just "feared" that myself because of the economy and how things were going for so many other people.
When the day came my husband did lose his job my immediate thoughts raced back to the day I was told it was coming and I was ashamed for not believing God. I also blamed myself because had I BELIEVED God when He warned me I could have begun praying against it.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have on many occasions had God warn me that certain things were coming. I do not see them as evil...I see that as Him loving me enough to give me time to pray for strength endurance or whatever else I will need at that time to make it through the heartache.
That's an important point. Look through the Bible -- it is full of prophecies of trouble to come. Noah had time to build an ark, Daniel was able to turn his situation around for good...and on.

Jesus ran into demons often, and asked His disciples to face them too. Sensing them was not a sign of being evil Himself, but of being able to recognize them nearby.

Upvote 0

papaJP

Prophet
Nov 15, 2010
Kerrville, Texas
✟15,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, this is really tough for me to talk about, because I’ve haven’t talked about this very much. I am Pentecostal, so I feel like I can not go to my Pastor about this, because he is very strict. I have been dealing with this since I was twelve, and now I am 27. Over the years its has grown more intense, and I have no idea how to handle this any longer from a biblical point of view.

I personally don’t believe in ghosts, I know what the bible speaks about it. Hebrews 9:27 says Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. Saying that, I have had many experiences that appeared to be supernatural, I know that it was not supernatural, but demonic.

I am Native American, and several of my family members say they have the same sensitivities. Throughout at least 4 generations that I know about. Tribes vary from what they believe in. The first two of my generations worshiped Mother Earth, and The great spirit best defined as god is seen as both male and female beings, these spirits who rule the universe are separate but of one divine being. I do not believe in this, I believe in The Almighty Father, Son and Holy Spirit. So, when I have approached someone with the same sensitivities, to seek advice, and answers, I was told that it was a generational curse, and it’s something that is to be lived with, and not pondered upon. I am aware of the scripture Deuteronomy 5:8-9 8 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,” but I believe Jesus fulfilled the law. Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets, I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

So, since I don’t believe in ghosts, or generational curses, the only thing I have concluded is that its demonic, which I describe as negative energy. I struggle with feeling negative energies (demonic) almost constantly, saying that I feel positive energy too. I can also sense when a negative energy is trying to mask itself as a positive one. I am a faithful and devout Christian, and it’s hard for me to understand that I have to struggle with this. I know about the gift of discernment of spirits, but in the Bible it is marked as a blessing. This doesn’t feel like a blessing at all.
As a child, I was always scared, I could pick up on these things, but I didn’t know what these feelings were, so I had to learn to live with it, the worst thing about it is vivid nightmares. Those are still is the same to this day, but I no longer fear what I sense. What has changed is how feeling these things effect me. For example, if I go to the store, I can walk past someone and make eye contact, and I can become burdened with their negative energy, not everyone generates this, but some do. Sometimes I can identify what they are carrying which is effecting them negatively. My first instinct is to pray for them, and I do, but that’s not the end of the feeling for me, it’s a battle to shake it off. Most of the time, if I can avoid eye contact with them, I am not affected. I was 18 when a family member was approached by an evil spirit, I was woken up in the middle of the night before he knocked on my bedroom door asking for prayer. When he knocked, I said, I’m up, I know, and I’m getting dressed. Sometimes I don’t even have to be around anyone to feel negative energy, I can be sitting in my home, and become weighed down, and from then on it’s a battle to overcome this, in the end it’s exhausting. This happens constantly, not once and awhile, and they are all different, some are stronger than others. It’s like an spiritual attack, and I am almost certain, because twice now, while praying in Jesus name, I’ve heard growling. I can feel when they come, and I know when they are gone. My home is spiritual, there is nothing that is evil here, or anything that happens that worships the devil in any way whatsoever. I don’t watch movies that are about spirits or ghost, or TV programs. Others have told me they feel peace here, but most of the time, I do not. This has not been the first home that this happened at. My Pastor has came and anointed my current home, I didn’t go in to details as to why, I just asked him. I have as well. I understand that all of that can be considered discernment of spirits. Once when I was younger, and a babe in Christ, I was led to go a pray for a older woman, at that time I was only 18. I disobeyed and didn’t go, within minutes another lady went and prayed with the same woman. This was my confirmation of having the gift of discernment of spirits. So I learned from that and now when I am in church, at times, I will go pray for people whom I feel led to pray for. The difference is that I am not led to pray for them because of a negative reason, but because God leads me to.

What concerns me the most is what I can sense in life, and what I can dream. I can sense things that have not come to pass, I have dreamed things that have not come to pass. I do not entertain spirits, as I stated above, I immediately pray that they leave. I know fortune telling, and physics are considered demonic based on scripture, I know of the scripture in Acts 16:16-18 which speaks of the fortune teller, and when Paul rebuked the demon in her, it was cast out. It was not the woman foreseeing those things, but the demon inside her was. I am not possessed. This is what troubles me because I know my relationship with God is true, and sincere. I experience these things that demon possessed people do. This is not dreams, or visions, as stated in scripture. Seeing these things are not from God. I dreamed my fiance died, and he woke me up, and I told him about the dream. Of course he comforted me and said, “I’m not going anywhere.” A week later, he died in an accident. I know before something happens, I don’t know what, sometimes I do. It’s much more than simple intuition. I can sense the feeling of “something bad is fixing to happen” or as an experience before, “I’m going to get in a car wreck today.” Or know when someone is fixing to call me. Or know the outcome of things before it happens. Or to be able to look at a picture of a missing person, and often can correctly know if they are alive or dead. Of course I don’t want to believe these things, but then it happens, and I’m left confused as in why I can sense them, when it is written in the bible that I should not. I don’t want to be judged, and I fear asking about it is what that will result in. I am very active in my church, and I am over the youth outreach ministry. Children come to me with things, and I should be able to answer them, and help them, without the thought in my own mind as how can I counsel someone when I am at spiritual warfare myself, or at least sometimes that’s what I consider it to be. This may just be something I must endure, but I can’t line up these things with scripture any longer, and I noticed over the years that the closer I grow with the Lord, the more intense the negative feelings become. I know satan doesn’t want to see that, and I can understand. So I have on my armor of God, and I am always ready for battle, because I have to be, but will this ever be over? I’m asking as in regard to the experience I described, I understand as a Christian, we will face things that are tough in life, but I’m almost at the point of giving up. Obviously I’m doing something wrong, although my life lines up with scripture, of course I’m not perfect, but I don’t do things to cause this. I feel like separating myself from Him, in hopes these things will subside just a little. I will not, but I don’t know what else to do, and I’m not going to put myself in a position at church when I feel like I am doing something wrong. I don’t want to let these kids down, or myself, but most importantly God. I know that’s just what the enemy wants, and I’m trying hard not to let him win, I’ve been in this battle since I was saved at 18, its been 9 years now, it’s most intense now. I’ve prayed, and will continue to pray for guidance, and wisdom. Does anyone have any suggestions, or similar experiences. I am extremely thankful for any help with this.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I note a few things in your post that I have had to deal with in healings before.

1. I am Native American, and several of my family members say they have the same sensitivities. Throughout at least 4 generations that I know about. Tribes vary from what they believe in. The first two of my generations worshiped Mother Earth, and The great spirit best defined as god is seen as both male and female beings, these spirits who rule the universe are separate but of one divine being.

Their are many evil spirits bound by native american spiritalist and many generational curses that may be on you.

You are afraid of your pastor condeming you or of bringing a group of deep true Christians to pray over you?

I will tell you of a pastor that most would have thought was perfect. He in his own walk was strong. He kept telling me that he felt that he was limited in doing God's work and not as effective as he should be.

We had a healing seminar and afterwards he and 2 other pastors and their spouses came to my home for more training on healing.
During the session he became convicted he needed healing. The short of the story is after 4 and 1/2 hours and over 100 evil spirits cast out of him he became a new man (he now has a ministry that came out of this healing called awake). These were spirits from many generations including indian spiritalism and masonic worship.

Seek someone if not the pastor you believe in and get prayer cover and let them if they are truly filled with the Holy Spirit pray for deliverance for you of this condition. In the name of Jesus you can be healed and this will end.

God bless the fact that the Holy Spirit is telling you what you need to do.
Pray, and listen and follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I am having this problem too. I had it since I was a little child ... nightmares about demons and such. I have ended up thinking that it's got to do with being sensitive - not to spirits, particularly, but generally sensitive. The devil knows us and tries to manipulate us in these things. I am not sure why God allows it, I have rarely felt truly protected from these things. But I know other christians have experienced this too, for example the desert monks in ancient times.

What I would really like to tell you, is to come out of the pentecostal bubble. I am not saying it's a bad church, just that they sometimes stray from the apostolic way and their advice in such matters isn't always the best. For example, you sound like you or your pastor took their teaching from Derek Prince's books about blessings and curses and about spiritual warfare. I don't think these books are very good, they sound plausible but I think they are too extreme.

The problem I see is, they eventually make God the cause of the evil assaults. They always say you must have done something wrong when a spirit assaults you. I think this is a serious mistake - Jesus said the devil has been a murderer and a liar from the beginning. Do you really think he always obeys rules and commandments? If yes, he would not be a liar and a murderer. But not so, he has tormented many christians, particularly sensitive ones. Maybe you could read up about Father Pio from the catholic church.

Don't think God is giving you this trouble or God has decided you must battle this always. That's not the truth. It's the devil seeing weak spots in you and he abuses it all the time. Set this up firmly in your mind - God IS A HELP FOR YOU! God is an ENEMY of the devil. Jesus came to DESTROY the devil's works. God is LOVE for us humans!

What you urgently need is a christian brother or sister who steps into this battle with you in brotherly love. You need a brother or sister who doesn't haunt you with suspicions of sin in your life that brought you here. You are a baptized disciple of Jesus, your sins are forgiven. God has reconciled the world to Himself in Jesus and in His cross, He doesn't count our sins against us. He doesn't treat us like evil sinners anymore. Instead He treats us like His children and we are His children! So you need other children of God who help you. When there is REAL christian love happening, the devil doesn't have a chance. He is just a burned coal.

And don't forget nature. In the bible, in the book of Revelation it speaks about a woman that is giving birth to a child and the devil wants to consume it. But the Earth swalled up the devil's fiery breath. This means, you have a refuge in nature. Nature is sacramental for us christians, it is a lasting blessing that is able to give us much good feelings and peace. Make long prayer walks on sunny days or on rainy days, just sing out your heart, make your own songs or just hum new melodies. It always helps. And look at these little leaves of grass and at birds, at the clouds, at the ground beneath you, at a lake or pond, at trees. In nature God serenades us with His love song always and it will swallow up all the devil's evil. If you get a hang of this you will gain an advantage against the devil - the evil one will see you feel well again and eventually the evil attacks will stop because you won't be depressed about them anymore. It's like you have a sickness but then you get pills for it. Nature is like medicine, and I guess as someone with an indian heritage this might really appeal to you.

Please don't misunderstand - it is good you gave up your pagan heritage, but North American indians were never the really bad kinds of pagans. For example, they never sacrificed children like middle east pagans did. And basically, God left us to our own ways for a while ... so without Revelation of Him, how could we be anything else but pagans? God doesn't blame you for your past and doesn't send you curses. Instead He loves you, deeply, fatherly, gently. Believe in His love and don't give up.

God has already set you free from the pagan ways. But the pentecostal approach may have made you dig into all this old stuff again, fearing there could be something in it and in you which condemns you before God and connects you to the devil. But exactly that digging is wrong. I had a vision about this once, I thought of polynesian islands once and how nice the people lived there and what would be right for them about christianity. Then I saw a beautiful book and a page was turned. People like the polynesians, and indians like you, are just supposed to turn the pages in their book, to neatly put the pagan things away and become christians. Remember the cross! It cut you loose from the pagan things. God doesn't want you to confront these things all the time. You just let go.

And finally, you could do a fast against the spirits. Just set a day per week aside for fasting and prayer. You don't have to fast by not eating, it can also be a fast from the computer, from TV, from smoking, whatever. I personally do it best by going wandering for a day. Just combine this fasting with prayer and with love, ie do good things for other people like inviting someone poor for dinner or so. In God there is so much innocent joy. Feel that again, sister!

If I can assist you in any way, just let me know through a PM. I would love to help you with prayers and fellowship. God bless you! Jesus loves you!

Last edited:
Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

ChristianEMT

Feb 9, 2011
Eastern United States
✟7,755.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks so much everyone who replied to the post. Your information has helped me understand, and make some important conclusions, that this is the gift of discernment of spirits, and possible prophetic as well. I do appreciate all of the time you took reading the post and replying. God Bless all you guys!! :thumbsup:

Their are many evil spirits bound by native american spiritalist and many generational curses that may be on you.

Many levels of spiritualist have generational curses. Over ten years ago I commanded the generational curse to come out, be broken, and loosed from me in the name of Jesus.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

I know that I have been forgiven, and those curses have been lifted, and that’s the reason I don’t believe they follow me any longer, if I did, I would make God out to be a liar. He is just and true to His word, and I’ve been freed from that. Every Christian will encounter demons, whether they recognize them or not.

Paul says in Ephesians 6:10-12
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
You are afraid of your pastor condeming you or of bringing a group of deep true Christians to pray over you?

I’m not afraid of my pastor condemning me or of bringing a group of deep true Christians to pray over me, as we pray for one another in church when needed. I stated why I didn’t want to involve my pastor, that is the reason. He’s a great pastor. I’m not scared of what is before me, if my Pastor calls me up because he feels led by the Lord to pray for me, I go. The same as when I am led to go and pray for others, that’s simple obedience.
I will tell you of a pastor that most would have thought was perfect. He in his own walk was strong. He kept telling me that he felt that he was limited in doing God's work and not as effective as he should be.

We had a healing seminar and afterwards he and 2 other pastors and their spouses came to my home for more training on healing.
During the session he became convicted he needed healing. The short of the story is after 4 and 1/2 hours and over 100 evil spirits cast out of him he became a new man (he now has a ministry that came out of this healing called awake). These were spirits from many generations including indian spiritalism and masonic worship.

I believe there is a difference in being possessed, or being gifted in discerning of spirits. I don’t become approached because I am bound by a generational curse, but because it’s a gift. I am filled with God’s Holy Spirit.
From what I have concluded since this post is that what I am experiencing is discernment of spirits. The manifestation of discerning of spirits 1 Corinthians 12:10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. is God or the Lord Jesus Christ revealing to you information about the presence or non-presence of spirits (including both holy spirit or demons), and sometimes including the identity of demons present.

God bless the fact that the Holy Spirit is telling you what you need to do.
Thank you very much for your response, some of your points have helped me a great deal, I didn't respond to everyone's reply, but I just wanted to make some things more clear from your response. Thank you for sharing your experience from the Indian Pastor. I'm glad that he is free. God bless you! :)

Upvote 0

Maremma

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you have found peace about your gifts. Please take this in prayer to the Lord. Ask Him if you are gifted in this way because He wants you to be a deliverance minister. You have a genuine compassion for others as well as the gift of discernment and that is the perfect combination for a deliverance minster which sadly the body if Christ is in short supply of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums