• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Is there something wrong with my thinking or is my family bad?

Discussion in 'General Struggles' started by Andrew98, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Andrew98

Andrew98 Active Member

+191
    Poland
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    My family is not very close knit. My grandparents never really bothered with me or my siblings and don’t seem to really care about us. They even lied once so they could go to someone else house for Christmas instead of being with my family.

Anyway...
    I’m quite a shy person and don’t like people talking about me. I placed well in my university degree and won an award in a different country. I never tell anyone apart from my immediate family my exam results, grades or my business in general and so I didn’t wish other people apart from these few individuals to know.
    I told them not to tell anyone else as I’m very private person and yet my dad betrayed me and decided he’d tell my grandparents - I did not want this as they don’t really care about me and just instead gossip things to other people about me. My dad told them not to tell anyone but the next day they call my mother and think I’m weird for being private about things and so they don’t listen and they tell the rest of my entire family and dear knows who else - a bunch of people who don’t care about me. No one called me or told me “well done”, I’m just a little bit of small talk to people and that’s it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. KateforChrist

KateforChrist Koalas are NOT bears

+721
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed
    Unfortunately that is just how some people are. I don't think it's that your family is unusual, in fact it's probably quite the opposite and that it is fairly normal. The way they are "normal" may be different to how other families are "normal" It's important to realise that the "perfect families" that we see in movies and on TV are not the reality.

3. Ahermit

Ahermit Active Member

+125
    Christian
    Married
    Since you told us what you don't want others to know, I assume you want others to know, but do not know how to cope with that sort of attention.

Perfectionists have the same sort of problem. No matter how good they are, they always find fault in themselves. If anybody congratulated them on job well done, they would be become fearful of others finding their imperfections. But, hey, nobody is perfect.