Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It might sound weird question,but when ever I start to pray and i pray holding my two hands you know the traditional christian style and i hold them near in the center of my chest i just feel completely peace,love something special. Don't you think there was a reason this was always showed as a traditional christian praying style. I know some other religions believe there is this energy feelds that go through human body like somewhere in the head,chest and near the stoumach. What do you think about this?

Attachments

• Jesus-Christ-Praying-Wallpapers-01.jpg
    Jesus-Christ-Praying-Wallpapers-01.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: anna ~ grace

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Tradition cannot be trusted if it is not in line with all Scripture.

The saints all through the NT, in the first century, very likely prayed (and worshiped with great thanksgiving) with their arms and hands upraised, eyes wide open looking upward, out loud with no self-consciousness , no pride except in Jesus, and no ulterior motive or purpose .....

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It might sound weird question,but when ever I start to pray and i pray holding my two hands you know the traditional christian style and i hold them near in the center of my chest i just feel completely peace,love something special. Don't you think there was a reason this was always showed as a traditional christian praying style. I know some other religions believe there is this energy feelds that go through human body like somewhere in the head,chest and near the stoumach. What do you think about this?
Holding hands with another person is following the Scriptural principle of two agreeing on a matter before the Lord in order to get Him to do something for you according to His will.

But to try and get something spiritual by a physical act is occult and not Scripture. It is a form of witchcraft.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Clasping hands in prayer is a very common practice in much of Christianity and in many religions, perhaps because of its symbolic meaning of supplication.

However, it isn’t commonly described like that in Scripture. Historically both in the Jewish and ancient Christian church - at least in the East, bowing, prostrations, kneeling, etc are much more common and can be found in Scripture as well. That said, we are to pray everywhere and always - so our postures, while indicative of humility, reverence, awe, etc, does not make ones prayer more legitimate than other times.

400px-Different_kinds_of_bows_in_eo.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Holding hands with another person is following the Scriptural principle of two agreeing on a matter before the Lord in order to get Him to do something for you according to His will.

But to try and get something spiritual by a physical act is occult and not Scripture. It is a form of witchcraft.
I am sorry but i don't think just because you pray in some way standing or kneeling and then its a witchcraft. even if you pray in meditation position if you pray to Jesus i don't think it would be something bad.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry but i don't think just because you pray in some way standing or kneeling and then its a witchcraft. even if you pray in meditation position if you pray to Jesus i don't think it would be something bad.
My point is that putting one's hands on a particular part of the body to access some type of "energy" is witchcraft. But standing, sitting, kneeling in prayer is defintely not, because these body positions are positions a person decides to adopt to worship God, not to sense of feel some type of existential "energy". The best prayer times I have ever had are when I have walked along a long wide beach, with my hands in my pockets, just chatting and fellowshiping with the Lord.

I don't know what you mean by "meditation" position in prayer. If it is Yoga-like, then one has to be aware that Yoga positions are positions of worship to pagan idols. But my view of meditation is not clearing my mind and making it blank, but to sit back and think about Scripture and the things of God and see what insights come to me. It is taking a passage of Scripture and "chewing it over" to see what nuggets I can extract from it.

Upvote 0