Are There Ranks in Heaven? Do People Get Different Rewards?

saintboniface

Jan 1, 2014
✟15,501.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
yes 9 ranks of angels believed. Seraphim is believe to be the highest, Cherub second. Among men in heaven there are judges and I believe kings with Jesus but I can not say for sure The bible tells us of 12 who wear a crown and cast it before Jesus.

How about rank among all those who go/will go to heaven? If I go to heaven, how will I be ranked? According to what?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How about rank among all those who go/will go to heaven? If I go to heaven, how will I be ranked? According to what?

you will more than likely be equal. The 12 with crowns are the disciple. You will be reward according to your work.

If you would be great in heaven you must be a slave here on earth, if you would be first in Heaven you must be last.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For humans no all sin is equal and all was covered by Jesus…. Mormons believe in ranking in heaven but christians do not.

I am a baptist and belive in ranks among the angels it is a fact, how many know one can say for sure, but even in the Bible it clear Angels have rank. I also believe in the 12 who have crowns which are the disciples.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a baptist and belive in ranks among the angels it is a fact, how many know one can say for sure, but even in the Bible it clear Angels have rank. I also believe in the 12 who have crowns which are the disciples.

Did I say anything about angels?

No…I clearly said HUMANS

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did I say anything about angels?

No…I clearly said HUMANS

Again there are the 12 who are human, I agree for most of us we are equal, but the Bible points to the 12 as ruling with Jesus I believe or at least judging the 12 tribes with Him.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again there are the 12 who are human, I agree for most of us we are equal, but the Bible points to the 12 as ruling with Jesus I believe or at least judging the 12 tribes with Him.
Can you copy the scripture you are referencing because I am not familiar with that. I have not done a ton of study into Revelations. But most of all other scripture is clear we were bought with the same blood for the same price.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can you copy the scripture you are referencing because I am not familiar with that. I have not done a ton of study into Revelations. But most of all other scripture is clear we were bought with the same blood for the same price.

sure give me a sec to find it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

ok I was wrong I think it says 24 thrones. I know the 12 sit on some. let me see if i can find more.

4 Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” 2 And instantly I was in the Spirit,[a] and I saw a throne in heaven and someone sitting on it. 3 The one sitting on the throne was as brilliant as gemstones—like jasper and carnelian. And the glow of an emerald circled his throne like a rainbow. 4 Twenty-four thrones surrounded him, and twenty-four elders sat on them. They were all clothed in white and had gold crowns on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder. And in front of the throne were seven torches with burning flames. This is the sevenfold Spirit of God. 6 In front of the throne was a shiny sea of glass, sparkling like crystal.

In the center and around the throne were four living beings, each covered with eyes, front and back. 7 The first of these living beings was like a lion; the second was like an ox; the third had a human face; and the fourth was like an eagle in flight. 8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—
the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”
9 Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), 10 the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,

11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
to receive glory and honor and power.
For you created all things,
and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe it was Paul who said are you not aware you will sit in judgement of Angels. That also points an elevated position. Also Jesus said if you would be great in Heaven you must be least here on earth, also if you would be great keep and teach the commandments. If you would be first in Heaven, you must be a slave here on earth.

I am sorry that is the best I can do right now. I had a glass of wine it is interfering with my connection to God right now. It is not just in one part of the Bible but throughout which points to some of being able to reach a higher level.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe it was Paul who said are you not aware you will sit in judgement of Angels. That also points an elevated position. Also Jesus said if you would be great in Heaven you must be least here on earth, also if you would be great keep and teach the commandments. If you would be first in Heaven, you must be a slave here on earth.

I am sorry that is the best I can do right now. I had a glass of wine it is interfering with my connection to God right now. It is not just in one part of the Bible but throughout which points to some of being able to reach a higher level.

That section you copied what part of scripture was that?

Upvote 0

saintboniface

Jan 1, 2014
✟15,501.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For humans no all sin is equal and all was covered by Jesus…. Mormons believe in ranking in heaven but christians do not.

If Christians don't believe in ranking in heaven, what do you make of these passages?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Matthew 16:27
Son of Man ... will repay everyone according to his conduct.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Revelation 22:12
I will give to each according to his deeds.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Romans 2:6
For he will render to every man according to his works[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 Peter 1:17
Now if you invoke as Father him who judges impartially according to each one’s works …[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mark 4:24-25
The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you ...[/FONT]

Also, what about the parable (Luke 12:47) wherein the one servant is given a severe beating while the other is given a light beating?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Christians don't believe in ranking in heaven, what do you make of these passages?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Matthew 16:27
Son of Man ... will repay everyone according to his conduct.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Revelation 22:12
I will give to each according to his deeds.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Romans 2:6
For he will render to every man according to his works[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 Peter 1:17
Now if you invoke as Father him who judges impartially according to each one’s works …[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mark 4:24-25
The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you ...[/FONT]

Also, what about the parable (Luke 12:47) wherein the one servant is given a severe beating while the other is given a light beating?

Every single one of those is talking about the reward that is spending eternity in heaven with God. Not one is saying anyone is more special than anyone else once they get to heaven. The Bible separates from those going to heaven and those who are not it does not have a ranking system among those going to heaven.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok I was wrong I think it says 24 thrones. I know the 12 sit on some. let me see if i can find more.

4 Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” 2 And instantly I was in the Spirit,[a] and I saw a throne in heaven and someone sitting on it. 3 The one sitting on the throne was as brilliant as gemstones—like jasper and carnelian. And the glow of an emerald circled his throne like a rainbow. 4 Twenty-four thrones surrounded him, and twenty-four elders sat on them. They were all clothed in white and had gold crowns on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder. And in front of the throne were seven torches with burning flames. This is the sevenfold Spirit of God. 6 In front of the throne was a shiny sea of glass, sparkling like crystal.

In the center and around the throne were four living beings, each covered with eyes, front and back. 7 The first of these living beings was like a lion; the second was like an ox; the third had a human face; and the fourth was like an eagle in flight. 8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—
the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”
9 Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), 10 the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,

11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
to receive glory and honor and power.
For you created all things,
and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

This is what my study notes said about the elders on the thrones.

Rev. 4:4 On twenty-four thrones sat twenty-four elders. Their number may reflect the orders of priests serving in the OT temple (cf. 1 Chron. 24:7–19) but more likely they symbolize the unity of God’s people, encompassing OT Israel (led by the heads of the 12 tribes) and the NT church (led by the 12 apostles), like the new Jerusalem’s 12 gates and 12 foundations (Rev. 21:12, 14). Their thrones resemble those of God’s heavenly court in Dan. 7:9–10 (cf. Rev. 20:4). Some interpreters believe that these elders are angels, and that therefore they do not include themselves among the redeemed in 5:8–10.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

I have to ask, which heaven ?

because there are two .
so far I think the first one (Kingdom Age ) appears to be yes on some levels and it seems to be somehow connected to our faithfulness-obedience / not some kind of concept of human etherial ' perfection' per-say .. on earth. ..
and then the second heaven or the 8th day ,
the Bible doesn't say anything about that "ruling and reigning" parts.. that I can find so far .
hope that helps.
do you want scriptures.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is what my study notes said about the elders on the thrones.

Rev. 4:4 On twenty-four thrones sat twenty-four elders. Their number may reflect the orders of priests serving in the OT temple (cf. 1 Chron. 24:7–19) but more likely they symbolize the unity of God’s people, encompassing OT Israel (led by the heads of the 12 tribes) and the NT church (led by the 12 apostles), like the new Jerusalem’s 12 gates and 12 foundations (Rev. 21:12, 14). Their thrones resemble those of God’s heavenly court in Dan. 7:9–10 (cf. Rev. 20:4). Some interpreters believe that these elders are angels, and that therefore they do not include themselves among the redeemed in 5:8–10.

The heads of the 12 could be the disciples but I have seen another they could be the fathers of the tribes.

Your right now one is more special than the other in Heaven, we are held accountable to each other because each of us has Jesus living inside us. it is in fact His judgement so if it was possible to get into trouble Jesus is always right there and would speak through any person or are very self. So you see there will never be another fall. I said we were held accountable to each other to be a 100% we are held accountable to Jesus inside each and every one of us.

Paul wrote do you not understand you will sit in judgement of angels. How can a man do that because Jesus inside us. There are crowns and ranks right now, the new heaven will there be I don't know. The elders appear to sit on the thrones right now. It is likely in the new heaven there will be no need as everyone has been judged, but rank in heaven is not like here on earth.

Michael is a Arch Angels second from the bottom rank, but he threw satan out of heaven or will. satan was the a cherub in the Bible but many Jews believe he was a seraphim the highest rank. Yet Michael over came him. I feel i should stop there. This is all spiritual stuff, and I only know what God shows me and many can not understand anyways. I don't think God wants me to go on.

Upvote 0