Is there a hierarchical system in the future kingdom of heaven?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 11:

11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matthew 5:

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus spoke to his disciples about special places of honor in Mark 10:

40 "but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”
1 Corinthians 6:

3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
Matthew 19:

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
This hierarchy is not a total or linear order but a partial order. Galatians 3:

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
We are all equal in the eyes of God.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there will be greater and smaller stewardships given in Heaven, but that won't be a problem because they will be apportioned according to the ability we've shown on earth.

The steward who was given five talents was perfectly happy with his five talents because that was as much as he could handle successfully.

Upvote 0