Is there a time for Christians to disobey the government?

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bottom line of your post is that you have no basis for an argument that the US government is causing Christians to sin, and certainly not any more than Nero's regime in the times of Peter and Paul or the Roman governments of the first three hundred years caused Christians to sin (less, because Christians in the US never have to deny Christ on pain of death).

If you think promoting war, abortion and the death penalty is fine, you do that. I can't stop you or any Government and won't be judging you on it either. Its between you and God.

You seem to be arguing that paying taxes is mandatory but participating in the national census is not...yet scripture shows the people of God participating in the national census.

I wasn't thinking solely on a national census. There are so many companies working for the Governments of this world today wanting information that's not mandatory. This world is getting worse and will wax worse until Christ returns.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you think promoting war, abortion and the death penalty is fine, you do that. I can't stop you or any Government and won't be judging you on it either. Its between you and God.

How does the US government (or the UK government) cause Christians to promote war, abortion, and the death penalty?

I wasn't thinking solely on a national census. There are so many companies working for the Governments of this world today wanting information that's not mandatory. This world is getting worse and will wax worse until Christ returns.

Are you talking about social media? What, precisely, are you talking about? What are some examples?

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does the US government (or the UK government) cause Christians to promote war, abortion, and the death penalty?
Its everywhere, from social media, the TV, billboards, etc.

Are you talking about social media? What, precisely, are you talking about? What are some examples?

Friend, my Father passed away in December and the amount of non-mandatory phone calls, letters, emails i got from companies who work for the Government looking for information is unbelievable, advising me to get a power of Attorney for my mother, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......it would drive you crazy the companies who want information that's not needed and insist you need legal powers to make decisions over doctors, etc, etc. Its crazy the way this world works now. Thankfully God is sovereign over every doctor, etc and will help my mother and I in life and most importantly grow as Christians.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its everywhere, from social media, the TV, billboards, etc.

There were social media (public bulletin boards) and billboards in the ancient Roman empire. How do they cause a Christian to sin?

You constantly skirt the question.

Friend, my Father passed away in December and the amount of non-mandatory phone calls, letters, emails i got from companies who work for the Government looking for information is unbelievable, advising me to get a power of Attorney for my mother, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......it would drive you crazy the companies who want information that's not needed and insist you need legal powers to make decisions over doctors, etc, etc. Its crazy the way this world works now. Thankfully God is sovereign over every doctor, etc and will help my mother and I in life and most importantly grow as Christians.

Well, actually you do need to get those legal issues in order, and if you don't know the find points of the law to do them adequately yourself, you'll find that you've done your mother and yourself a disservice...and that's nothing new under the sun. It would have happened to you in the first century, too.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, actually you do need to get those legal issues in order, and if you don't know the find points of the law to do them adequately yourself, you'll find that you've done your mother and yourself a disservice...and that's nothing new under the sun. It would have happened to you in the first century, too.

Thanks for the advice, i really needed to pray and meditate on this. I might need to contact my solicitor on some form of 'power of Attorney'. I can't over-rule a doctor, a pharmacist, any type of medical professional, as i'd only make the wrong decisions regards medical issues.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There were social media (public bulletin boards) and billboards in the ancient Roman empire. How do they cause a Christian to sin?

You constantly skirt the question.

May i ask, are you in the army, etc, have you taken life, boasted or had some human self of pride in participating in such activities?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May i ask, are you in the army, etc, have you taken life, boasted or had some human self of pride in participating in such activities?

I was in the Air Force. I do bear some shared guilt in the ending of a few hundred lives, including a few hundred women and children.

Pride? There is always a measure of human pride in being expert at any task.

The military experience, however, being part of an integral corps (French for "body") as a matter of life, did teach me some things about how the Body of Christ should operate that do not come naturally in civilian experience.

It is not by accident that it was a soldier whose level of faith astounded Christ.

Upvote 0