Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, let me be frank. I had written this forum off as a bunch of right-wing ultra-conservatives. However, in the past couple of days, I have run into some wonderful people and think I've misjudged you all. Let me apologize for that.

I'm thinking of signing on, but I know there are some who are going to have reservations about me. Apparently, I am widely viewed as a liberal. I think this is because I have a very different style of witness than many, so I'd like to offer this chance for us to get to know each other better.

For the record:
  • I believe in the Nicene Creed (without any asterisks)
  • I am a member of a conservative church
  • I am a biblical literalist, but I go back to the original languages when there is confusion.
  • My standards for myself are high with regards to morality, but I am generally tolerant of others' weaknesses--preferring to witness gently rather than beat somebody up over their sins.
Also, I would ask any nonmembers from using this thread to make comments against or critical of the forum.

The purpose of this thread is to talk about my place here and where I fit in with everyone. It is not about the Refuge forum. I refuse to even go there in this thread.

Other than that, I'm an open book and I look forward to discussing one anothers' philosophies of life and religion.

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sounds to me like you fit in well! :)
Many of us are seen as 'liberal' in some quarters and 'conservative' in others.
Frankly, if we agree on the basics, am not too fussed about the label!

So - as far as I am concerned, you are very welcome - and i look forward to getting to know you better.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, let me be frank. I had written this forum off as a bunch of right-wing ultra-conservatives. However, in the past couple of days, I have run into some wonderful people and think I've misjudged you all. Let me apologize for that.

I'm thinking of signing on, but I know there are some who are going to have reservations about me. Apparently, I am widely viewed as a liberal. I think this is because I have a very different style of witness than many, so I'd like to offer this chance for us to get to know each other better.

For the record:
  • I believe in the Nicene Creed (without any asterisks)
  • I am a member of a conservative church
  • I am a biblical literalist, but I go back to the original languages when there is confusion.
  • My standards for myself are high with regards to morality, but I am generally tolerant of others' weaknesses--preferring to witness gently rather than beat somebody up over their sins.
Also, I would ask any nonmembers from using this thread to make comments against or critical of the forum.

The purpose of this thread is to talk about my place here and where I fit in with everyone. It is not about the Refuge forum. I refuse to even go there in this thread.

Other than that, I'm an open book and I look forward to discussing one anothers' philosophies of life and religion.

You are always welcome by me. Always.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Belinda, it would be very cool to have you as a member here. I have deep respect for you.

That said, I thought I remember you had mentioned you were pro-choice (a while back during the pro-life ribbon debacle). I think our FSRs specify members must be pro-life.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the question, Letalis. I will be happy to clarify.

I am considered to be pro-choice by most because I do not support making abortion completely illegal. Instead, I think it is far more important to make it unnecessary.

That said, I do believe that it is wrong in nearly every instance to have an abortion, and I wouldn't choose one for myself except for an ectopic pregnancy.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to ask what other forum areas you were most active in posting in since you said your earlier impression was we were "right wing" types? Would that make you leaning towards "left wing" then?
Are you a member of other denominational areas? And if so, which ones?
thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know, Rochir. I haven't made up my mind completely yet, but when I do, I'll come over and ask off the list. I'll still come over and troll, er post, though. ;)

You troll with us and we'll paint you in rainbow colors, then sending you back here!:holy: MUWAHAHAHHA...

Do whatever your heart and conscience tells you, chikka! :)

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know, Rochir. I haven't made up my mind completely yet, but when I do, I'll come over and ask off the list. I'll still come over and troll, er post, though. ;)
I'd also ask since you had negative thoughts of the "right wing ultra conservatives", what that means for "right wing ultra conservatives" that ARE in this forum?

And from ROchir's post here, you are active in the liberal forum base? WWMC?

If so, I have very strong objection to joining here. Normally I wouldn't, but your negative comment as to 'right wing" (which many conservatives ARE and many conservatives directly dislike liberalism in all forms) and in the current distress of this CC forum, and by the other comments made by other members who know you better, I find the timing very interesting that there's such a strong interest to join here from the liberal area.
And I have some disconcerting feelings about it.

Will it matter in the big picture? Probly not, but I'm more than willing to drop my 2 shekels into the pot of "uneasiness" with this - and mainly within the timing of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'd also ask since you had negative thoughts of the "right wing ultra conservatives", what that means for "right wing ultra conservatives" that ARE in this forum?

If so, I have very strong objection to joining here. Normally I wouldn't, but your negative comment as to 'right wing" (which many conservatives ARE and many conservatives directly dislike liberalism in all forms) and in the current distress of this CC forum, and by the other comments made by other members who know you better, I find the timing very interesting that there's such a strong interest to join here from the liberal area.

Will it matter in the big picture? Probly not, but I'm more than willing to drop my 2 shekels into the pot of "uneasiness" with this - and mainly within the timing of it.
K
I have just signed back in here.
I am not in any way right wing, and I post quite a lot in WWMC, and have friends there...
But - my Christian beliefs are mostly conservative, and I agree with our statement of beliefs.
So - is that no longer sufficient?
Because when the rules were formulated, there was certainly no political requirement...

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a place for anyone who agrees with our SoF to be a member :hug:

But, equally, there's a place for anyone who doesn't agree with our SoF to hang out here and fellowship.

So either way, there's a place for you here, yes :)

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, I hang with the liberals. I am on record in the forum as a conservative member of the liberal forum, with which they were OK.

And I avoided this area because I thought you all were right-wing conservatives. I had no desire to fellowship with a homogeneous group of that sort, as I tend to feel abused a lot of the time by them because of my tolerant outlook. I am more than willing to hang with a group that contains right-wing conservatives.

Being a conservative, I could be considered right-wing by definition, but that isn't what I mean at all. By right-wing, I'm referring to the far right extremist variety of Christians. These are typically people whose whole world view is that everyone except for them and people exactly like them are all going to hell.

I've seen that out of some members, but I'm also seeing that most members of the forum aren't like that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.