Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A lot of people are in love with the look, a lot of people are disgusted with it. If you have taken the time to look around, there are several issues that have changed drasticly!

What is your opinion on the upgrade, like it or not?

Tell us why or why not.

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I personally don't like it. There are several issues in the background you might not have investigated yet.

You can now no longer draw interest on your blessings that you had in the bank.

You cannot carry more than 10,000 blessings in the bank.

In order to bless somebody you might have to take a "loan" from the bank.

More emphasis is now being placed on us as a "denomination" rather than our mission.

I could go on, but this is sufficent for now.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I like it. It has very professional look to it.
From an IT point of view, I suspect the load speeds will be greatly improved.

I don't see the reps anywhere, but they said in their announcement they would be around, so I'm guessing they will show up eventually.

Upvote 0
R

rainbowpromises

I like it. It has very professional look to it.
From an IT point of view, I suspect the load speeds will be greatly improved.

I don't see the reps anywhere, but they said in their announcement they would be around, so I'm guessing they will show up eventually.

I found the reps and repped you. Looks like a light bulb on the right side of the post.

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Deacon Dean in answer to ur question :)

A lot of people are in love with the look, a lot of people are disgusted with it. If you have taken the time to look around, there are several issues that have changed drasticly!

What is your opinion on the upgrade, like it or not?

Tell us why or why not.

I rather prefer the old CF, the one before this but I like the CFchat boxes like visitor messages so that makes it easy to get it done :) If CF could make a compromise like that I would b fine with the changes made to CF ;) Apparently there r some more changes to come and time would tell with me ok :hug:

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So far I don't like it as much. I liked the pets and seeing how many kids everyone had right there on their posts. Also I don't like the profile page as well. Way to many tabs. I liked how it was nice and simple before. Also don't forget the nice custom banners they had on top. Of course I would think they will bring those back given enough time. Also I just realized I don't have my avatar I worked so hard on! :O

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
My issues are with the, as of yet, unresolved cf pet issues and the cf character appearance.

those two fun features are the only thing that has kept me on cf at all.

Agree.
For awhile, I was only coming on just to feed CF Pets as I was a pet rescuer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Dean - can't say as I've made up my mind yet - just too soon. There are things that I don't love yet (for example - I prefer the comic sans MS font, previously I could set my preferences for that font - if I can do so now I haven't seen it yet).

I know a lot of things haven't been completed yet - they're still making upgrades.

I know that in the past I've complained about upgrades - but after a few weeks the changes were pretty invisible. So, am willing to wait a bit and see how things progress.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

When push comes to shove - I'm here to fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ, format can't take that away.

But if I need to vent about anything - you'll be the first person I contact.:p

Upvote 0

MsScarlett

Sep 5, 2007
✟8,868.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't like it at all. I found this place for discussion (as in TEXT), and all I see now is graphics graphics graphics.
What's the point?
I remember the message boards of the 90's. No flash, nothing cutesie, nothing but your words.

Love,
Your cranky old change-hating Baptist

Upvote 0

trinityisunity

Has lost 14 kilos (31 pounds) in 14 weeks!!!
Apr 16, 2006
In a house
✟1,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think I prefer the older version. Its been a little difficult to find some things. Some would like the changes because they are up in the billions with the blessings count???

'Some would say I am a little undecided but now I am not sure'

Upvote 0

cremi

Chief Executive Domestic Education Diva
Nov 3, 2005
Texas
✟9,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just when I was getting the hang of the old board, they up and changed it. I also did not like how the Congregation sectionw as changed, with he denominations and the faith based groups...what is that all about? I mean, I go to a Baptist church, but I've always hated the idea of being separated out because I'm in a particular denomination. Aren't we all faith based groups?

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I don't like it at all. I found this place for discussion (as in TEXT), and all I see now is graphics graphics graphics.
What's the point?
I remember the message boards of the 90's. No flash, nothing cutesie, nothing but your words.

Love,
Your cranky old change-hating Baptist

that's interesting because I think I see less graphics than before - currently I'm only seeing the ones I authorize (i.e. signatures). But all can be turned on or off in the edit options link (access through your user cp - the link is on the left hand side of the page, the thread display option is about 1/2 way down the page). Anyhow - I tested it and you can turn the displays off and on, that aspect is working correctly:thumbsup:

edie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One thread had so much stuff it kept crashing firefox when the new site came up.... it was a thread in singles.... the old avs are gone.... best I can tell.... all those blessings I spent on av's are wasted and the new av space is to much.... add that to signatures longer than the text of posts and yeah.... what happened to a forum that's a forum not a graphics/sigs heaven? not that I have a problem with sigs, I use it for a witty thing and one graphic.... but I see a lot of sig abuse......

the skin styling itself is too blue.... I don't mean to much of the color blue, I mean it's not cheerful it's depressing..... ugh.... to bad there isn't a way to revert looks and ignore avs and sigs..... if there is, I want to turn that on.... I don't care for 2.0..... then again, could just be the Baptist in me, hesitant to change.... all that....

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's pretty messed up.

The posts are hard to read, the reps are messed up, and the menu is next to impossible to decipher.

This has to be the most stupid "fix" of a good thing since New Coke.

I'm curious to see if it will remain a doctrinal trainwreck like it has been.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, while the "upgrade" was a good thing to a certain degree, it does have its disadvantages, and you'll soon find that out.

As for me, I liked the "old" look. It set us apart from all the rest of the other "Christain" forums on the "net." The orange tone of the skin, made it appear warm, this "blue" in my opinion, gives it an "antiseptic" look.

Now this forum is no different than any of the other forums out there.

Oh well, there is absolutely nothing I can do.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.