Visit site
✟611,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Revised Common Lectionary was, I believe, devised to follow the Roman Lectionary with some concessions on some of the more difficult deuterocanonical texts that are not as widely accepted in reformed traditions. I believe that the purpose was to instill a greater sense of unity and it meant that people who went to their own church on sunday would be on the same page when discussing things with other christians from other traditions during the week. It is a pretty solidly constructed lectionary and follows the ebb and flow of the ecclesiastical year with a good three year coverage of the whole gamut of scripture. So the answer is, it is good to use to direct your reading of scripture.

Anglicans in Australia used it until APBA and a new variation of the lectionary which provides greater continuity of Old Testament readings week to week. The downside of this is that sometimes the OT reading does not sit as well with the other readings as it does in the Revised Common Lectionary.

The revised common lectionary is available as a google calendar, which is convenient for webmasters and the like who want to display the calendar on a website or google calendar users want to add it to their calendar. Public url is: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=r3r3d43no9v60igf13ga0sagtvrr3n6f@import.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney

And the embed code is here:
Code:
<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=r3r3d43no9v60igf13ga0sagtvrr3n6f%40import.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia%2FSydney" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've started using the Revised Common Lectionary - it's been a good experience. When I read on my own I still prefer reading a couple of chapters instead of jumping around but I'll admit, it's been a positive experience and recommend trying it.

Upvote 0