Status
Not open for further replies.

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
StPaul said:
Even those who participate in communion are not worthy of receiving communion... for it is Christ, Himself. You say that you get called out to participate in the masses a few times a year... then this phrase should ring a bell:

"Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but say the word, and I shall be healed"

God Bless

There is a world of difference between humbling yourself before God and being told by the Roman Catholic church that you're not "Christian" enough to participate in the ordinances of the church.

Funny, but I can go into any baptist church or any protestant church (you know, those churches you guys keep telling us can't agree on anything?) and be welcomed as a brother in Christ. Not so, evidently, in Roman Catholic churches.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
StPaul said:
So I take it we are to accept your comment at face value (especially when you have lost credability to a majority of lurkers)?

God Bless

You are free to believe it or not believe it.

I was told this, among other things and not one Roman Catholic has stepped up to correct what this person said, so I have to assume that this is an accepted opinion among Roman Catholics.

Upvote 0

StPaul

Resistance is futile,... you will be assimilated.
Mar 31, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟1,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
12volt_man said:
There is a world of difference between humbling yourself before God and being told by the Roman Catholic church that you're not "Christian" enough to participate in the ordinances of the church.

Funny, but I can go into any baptist church or any protestant church (you know, those churches you guys keep telling us can't agree on anything?) and be welcomed as a brother in Christ. Not so, evidently, in Roman Catholic churches.

There is a difference between being welcomed, and participating in full communion. You are more than welcome to attend mass, our celebration. The only thing that one would be excluded from is the one thing that means you are in full communion with the Catholic Church. Again, you bypassed my question,... would you want to participate in something that means that you are in Full agreement/communion with the Catholic Church? "Let your yes mean yes.." if you were to participate, yet do not agree,... who are you being honest to?

God Bless

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
StPaul said:
There is a difference between being welcomed, and participating in full communion. You are more than welcome to attend mass, our celebration. The only thing that one would be excluded from is the one thing that means you are in full communion with the Catholic Church.

But communion is an ordinance commanded to the church at large, not just the Roman Catholic church.

Again, you bypassed my question,... would you want to participate in something that means that you are in Full agreement/communion with the Catholic Church? "Let your yes mean yes.." if you were to participate, yet do not agree,... who are you being honest to?

God Bless
Yes. I didn't answer it because it's beside the point.

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Iollain said:
We are either brothers and sisters in Christ or we are not, why does it have to be so complicated?

Because Protestants will say anything to confuse the issue. You have some who complain that the Catholic Church teaches universalism and then you have people who complain that the Catholic Church teaches that unless you are a member of the Catholic Church you are going to hell.

What the Church actually teaches is that by virtue of Baptism, non-Catholic Christians are our brothers and sisters. Period.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mot hat on

mandrake.gif

This Thread is going no where on a doctrinal/theological discussion, it is way too personal so it is being closed .

Sorry

Mot hat off

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Metanoia02 said:
Because Protestants will say anything to confuse the issue. You have some who complain that the Catholic Church teaches universalism and then you have people who complain that the Catholic Church teaches that unless you are a member of the Catholic Church you are going to hell.

What the Church actually teaches is that by virtue of Baptism, non-Catholic Christians are our brothers and sisters. Period.
So then, if we're brothers and sisters, then why don't you believe that we're worthy to take part in the ordinances of the chuch?

Is this the Catholic version of "seperate but equal"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
afrancis777 said:
afrancis777 said:
Funny you should mention this. Watch these videos. By using only scripture and history (that should please the Catholics) he proves that the Papacy (or RCC)(Not any one Pope as a person) Is the beast in Revelation that most call the 'AntiChrist'!
http://www.amazingfacts.org/resourc...PVideo/mp13.asx
http://www.amazingfacts.org/resourc...PVideo/mp14.asx
Any protestants have anything to say???
His Holiness the late Pope John Paul II the beast?

Any Protestants embarrassed by this type of thing???

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
12volt_man said:
So then, if we're brothers and sisters, then why don't you believe that we're worthy to take part in the ordinances of the chuch?

Is this the Catholic version of "seperate but equal"?

It is not what I believe, but what you believe that prevents us from sharing the Eucharist.

Those who do not discern the Body and Blood of Christ bring comdemnation upon themselves. It is for your own protection.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.