Visit site
✟834,458.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The point of the reference is that sex within marriage is undefiled, while fornication (sex outside of marriage) and adultery is defiled. I think there is a problem with reading too much into the reference. There are no deeper meanings here. What you see is what you get. The danger in seeing "deeper" meanings is that one can get tangled up into useless debates - something that Paul warned Timothy not to get himself involved with.

Now, when I say sex outside of marriage, I consider de-facto or common law marriage between partners who have a long term committment to each other as an appropriate definition of marriage according to the reference. In Bible times, all it needed was a formal commitment to each other to be considered married. The definition of fornication is sleeping around with multiple partners and sex with prostitutes. Of course, adultery is self explanatory. The reference refers to the actual act of sex with the spouse of another. Walking behind an attractive secretary wearing a short dress on a windy day and admiring the view is not adultery in my view, although some very legalistic people might think so. But if one makes a pass at her with the intention of bedding her is quite another matter and this is covered by what Jesus said about adultery in the heart. It is a matter of intention. We men are confronted with all sorts of sights which we might enjoy viewing, and we cannot stop birds landing on our heads, but we can stop them making a nest there (if you know what I mean).

Concerning sex within marriage. The scripture tells husband to love their wives. Therefore enjoyable sex is with a committee of two where both partners gain equal enjoyment from it. Marital rape is recognised in law as a crime, and I believe it is recognised as a sin as well. On the other side, a wife withdrawing sex from her husband as a weapon is also sin. And, dare I say this, anal and oral sex are also out of bounds as regarding appropriate sexual activity for believers. I think that this may have been the cause for a wife to tell her husband that she did not want to be treated as a inappropriate content object.

Anyway, just sayin"...

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
You and Ray are going off topic. The topic is, Does the marriage bed being undefiled mean can we do anything with our spouses. I started the topic. You two are trying to turn it into some kind of spiritual symbolism.
I was with you in the OP....but you took a turn and strayed. I'll not bring it up again. My apologies.......

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Did you know that the DNA of every sex partner a woman has ever had, will stay in her body until her body dies?
Two really DO become one flesh.

Actually, God created sex on a physical level to show us how He wants to become one with us, on a spiritual level.
1 Corinthians 6:15-17
I searched google to see if I could find some reliable research on this and came up empty. You'll need to cite your source for this.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I searched google to see if I could find some reliable research on this and came up empty. You'll need to cite your source for this.
I've already discussed this with her.....see our discussion starting at post #29.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The marriage bed is defiled when another person is introduced into it(adultery because the married couple are being unfaithful to each other and it would be fornication for the third person involved) sex with animals,homosexual sex,sex with family members or with a woman during her "flowers".These seem like the top no no's.Of course I could be missing a few more.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I was mislead by my interpretation

Interpretations have a funny way of misleading, don't they? So much certainty based on so much interpretation. So many interpretations causing so much confusion, so much division. I believe that there more you seek, the more you come to understand, knowledge will vanish away: all that can remain are three things: faith, hope and love. This is the light of the life-giving Spirit shining in the darkness of the death-giving letter.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interpretations have a funny way of misleading, don't they? So much certainty based on so much interpretation. So many interpretations causing so much confusion, so much division. I believe that there more you seek, the more you come to understand, knowledge will vanish away: all that can remain are three things: faith, hope and love. This is the light of the life-giving Spirit shining in the darkness of the death-giving letter.
My interpretation has changed because of life experience and walking with Christ. As I come to know his character I understand his heart towards us and his creation better.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alex.. what two do that are married at home.. is between them.

Now.. when someone repents.. the LAWS of man or DNA what ever..mean nothing to God. See the BLOOD OF A GOD.. Yeshua JESUS CHRIST PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS.. when anyone repents.. its GONE! What MAN chooses to remember .. God does not. A old song ..if you done it and wonder what to do..go to Jesus He will make you USED! NO..BRAND NEW! To many choose to go by how they feel think and see what the world says. What does the word say. See He cleanses us from what? ALL not some but ALL unrighteousness. Where ever that goes.. HE cleanses is.. repent.

So..its not what man thinks.. but the Father.. ask HIM!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the Lord is watching married people while they're in bed together.Maybe a couple of lascivious spirits might be hovering around...
The Lord watches all.
The Creator made human bodies to function a certain way.
Sex outside those guidelines is perverted.
And perversion is sin.
Because it dishonors the Creator.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm more concerned with keeping the marriage bed undefiled for health reasons myself...
It's more important to be concerned with honoring God "whether we eat or drink, or whatsoever we do" than it is to remain in good health. 1 Corinthians 10:31

• Agree
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think the Lord is watching married people while they're in bed together.Maybe a couple of lascivious spirits might be hovering around...
What does omniscient and omnipresent mean then?

• Agree
Reactions: PollyJetix
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord watches all.
And perversion is sin.
Thank you for your continued input. I agree with you. By the way, for an apologist, cool name PollyJetix.

Reactions: PollyJetix
Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's more important to be concerned with honoring God "whether we eat or drink, or whatsoever we do" than it is to remain in good health. 1 Corinthians 10:31
If a person's spouse goes out there and cheats and brings home an S.T.D. is what I'm talking about not trying to downplay honoring God.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The Lord watches all.
And perversion is sin.
Of course He created our bodies to function a certain way and yes perversion is sin.Yes He sees everything we do.I'm just going to leave it at that

Upvote 0