The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible frequently refers to children as the fruit of the womb.
I agree it does. But what good is fruit that's not even close to being 'ripe'? Is that term significant in how it's used? What is the 'law of averages' concerning 'children raising babies'? Maybe the bible is talking about something we are not seeing in this whole issue? I honestly don't know.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
My wife was teaching when one of her 5th grade students brought her baby to class.
Her step-dad was in jail for that. Do you really think you are qualified to
be involved in that big decision? That her Mom made for her?
No decision to make. Her mom did well in nurturing the life God Gives.

People who think they are 'qualified'?! to murder, are in rebellion and opposed to God.
That passage refers to the sentence just before it:
Honor other people's decisions just as you would have them honor yours.
Do not respect other people's decisions when they continually rebel against God and oppose Him.
God is no respecter of person.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My wife was teaching when one of her 5th grade students brought her baby to class.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean? "That her mom made for her"

Sounds like it is the step dad that made the decision. Sounds like he is paying for it.

What do you think? This little child should be killed and never have the chance to live and grow old... because the actions of the father?

Sounds like it's alive and well.

Society has dealt with situations, like this, for thousands of years.. They will for many more.

The only decision should have been give it up for adoption or keep it and have the family raise it.

It sickens me to think that abortion is the go to... as the only option. It isn't, or shouldn't be an option at all.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gee, I didn't know God was into incest!!! But since it's His fault they're pregnant at 12, who are we to think they're pregnant because of a SIN which leads to DEATH. But hey it's just a black and white issue with no greys....for some/most?
You do understand the child in the womb didn't commit the incest? No ,atter what is the act that brinjgs us into the world, we have a right to be here once we are. God keeps the child in the womb in existence just like you or I. Killing the child in the womb is killing an innocent. A bit different than that combatant who is trying to kill you. Black and white thinking? Pot meet kettle.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Gee, I didn't know God was into incest!!! But since it's His fault they're pregnant at 12, who are we to think they're pregnant because of a SIN which leads to DEATH. But hey it's just a black and white issue with no greys....for some/most?

So, now you want to make exceptions as to when it is OK or NOT OK to murder a child?

Look, if conception took place, that is a new life. Nothing in this universe happens without God knowing or without Him using it for His glory...

So, the child is conceived by a sin... let it live. It's not it's fault...

You think God is going to say "Oh well, it was conceived by rape or incest... ya what ev's you can kill that one if you want... I don't care"....... SERIOUSLY?

BTW don't join the army either. Plenty of killing done there for abortion reasoning; 'breakdown of relationships', 'worry about money', 'fears of what the unknown future 'might' hold' etc. All reasons to justify killing what came from god's hand. And to hell for sure, for those who actually had your attitude above and fought at home....against the war. As for me, I've got medals I'm not even proud of, based upon 'government' decisions. IOW, not so black and white for me.
Not sure what your point is here.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean? "That her mom made for her"

Sounds like it is the step dad that made the decision. Sounds like he is paying for it.

What do you think? This little child should be killed and never have the chance to live and grow old... because the actions of the father?

Sounds like it's alive and well.

Society has dealt with situations, like this, for thousands of years.. They will for many more.

The only decision should have been give it up for adoption or keep it and have the family raise it.

It sickens me to think that abortion is the go to... as the only option. It isn't, or shouldn't be an option at all.

Not only are you not qualified to make that decision, that mom made for her daughter, but your input is not (will never be) requested. I don't see how you don't get that. Even if abortions would be outlawed, your input will still not be requested.

Do you really want the majority of people making that decision for your family? Suppose the majority goes contrary to your view? Lets say that all pregnant females are quarantined is seperate housing until after the children are removed from them and placed for adoption for their safety?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not only are you not qualified to make that decision, that mom made for her daughter, but your input is not (will never be) requested. I don't see how you don't get that. Even if abortions would be outlawed, your input will still not be requested.

Who is going to stand up for the unborn child? Who makes it's decisions? When did killing an innocent human become a decision?

You keep saying that the mother made a decision for her daughter.... what was this decision?

Society as a whole have the responsibility to protect those that cannot protect themselves.

Do you really want the majority of people making that decision for your family?
They already do. They make the laws that my kids must adhere to. They elect the politicians that make the decisions for the towns, cities and municipalities. They make going to school mandatory. They don't allow my kid to drink, smoke, do drugs, take things that don't belong, hurt other peoples property... the list goes on.All these decisions, like them or not... are made for my family by others.. the majority.

Suppose the majority goes contrary to your view?
They already do. They took the bible and the ten commandments out of the school. They won't allow prayer in schools. They allow companies to take away the pensions of it's employees when the company goes bankrupt. Again, the list goes on...

I guess that the majority of the public do everything just as you would like?

Lets say that all pregnant females are quarantined is seperate housing until after the children are removed from them and placed for adoption for their safety?
Not sure what your point is here? Am I supposed to say that would be good? Bad? Or is it something that you would like to see or what... Just don't get your point.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even if abortions would be outlawed, your input will still not be requested.
There is a decision because ending a child developing in the womb is legal.

Do you really want the majority of people making that decision for your family?
For my family there is no decision to make on the matter nor is outer input sought. Only if you accept ending the life of a child in the womb is there a question to consider.

Suppose the majority goes contrary to your view?
Forcing an abortion is not a risk.

Lets say that all pregnant females are quarantined is seperate housing until after the children are removed from them and placed for adoption for their safety?
Why quarantined?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree it does. But what good is fruit that's not even close to being 'ripe'?
Another point in the wrong direction. We are not fully ripe until after our teens. We are God's creation every step of the way.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That passage refers to the sentence just before it:
Honor other people's decisions just as you would have them honor yours.
How do you manage that interpretation I wounder?
All thoughts, words and deeds are deemed right or wrong by Scripture or Scripture is worthless...
II Timothy 3:16-17:
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do understand the child in the womb didn't commit the incest?
The point is well made as with the situation of rape. The child is not guilty of the crime of rape. In fact the rapist gets maybe 7 years in jail with cable TV, three hot meals and a bed. The child gets the death penalty.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0