Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear brethren,

Is the pattern of the first apostles and disciples in the book of Acts relevent to how you serve God today?

It seems to me that many who post here, feel that since we are saved by grace, we are not expected to do what Jesus instructs his disciples to do.

I am convinced that he has given us a narrow walk and few of us hold to that standard.

Where do you stand
With love in Christ
brother daniel

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear brethren,

Is the pattern of the first apostles and disciples in the book of Acts relevent to how you serve God today?

It seems to me that many who post here, feel that since we are saved by grace, we are not expected to do what Jesus instructs his disciples to do.

I am convinced that he has given us a narrow walk and few of us hold to that standard.

Where do you stand
With love in Christ
brother daniel

The author of the writing you call "Acts" does not say that they were reporting a pattern for *us* to use to serve the Lord . The author also does not say that the disciples were doing what He instructed them to do in what they were doing . If I wanted to live by Law and ritualistic patterns , the Mosaic Law is more specific and is actually presented as what the Lord said . The narrow walk He has given me doesn't have to be the same walk He has given you .

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The beleivers in Acts 2 were baptized in the Holy GHost and fire. Since God said to be filled with the Spirit then we must need Him to accomplish what He has for us to do..

Acts 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes in order to have the power and miracles and infilling of the Holy Spirit that the apostles had re in Acts.. I am willing to walk the narrow path.. And I pray that on my way.. as I live that many will also believe and follow.. \0/

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Dear brethren,

Where do you stand
With love in Christ
brother daniel

Absolutely.

A quick look at some verses in the early chapters of Acts.

Act 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

They were all together praying in one accord as they awaited Pentecost and the empowering of the Holy Spirit to obey the great commision

. Act 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The day of Pentecost must have been powertful.

Acts 2:14-40 Peter who had denied Christ three times a few short weeks before boldly proclaimed the Word. That's the difference the Holy Spirit makes, a Spirit baptism is for a reason, to empower us for service.

3,000 were saved on the day of Pentecost

Act 2:41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
Act 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Signs and wonders followed. They shared belongings.

Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

The Lord added to the church daily.

They healed the sick.

Act 3:8 So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them--walking, leaping, and praising God.
Act 3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God.

The lame man who sat by the temple gate was healed.He bore witness toGod, He praised the Lord.

Act 5:12 And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.

The Holy Spirit is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is still the Baptiser. He still empowers us for service.

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The author of the writing you call "Acts" does not say that they were reporting a pattern for *us* to use to serve the Lord . The author also does not say that the disciples were doing what He instructed them to do in what they were doing . If I wanted to live by Law and ritualistic patterns , the Mosaic Law is more specific and is actually presented as what the Lord said . The narrow walk He has given me doesn't have to be the same walk He has given you .

Beloved, New wineskin,
The author os the Book of acts is Jesus Christ.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Gal 1:8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Here is a word from the Lord through Peter,

2Pe 1:19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2Pe 1:20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

As I said before Jesus Christ is the author of all that his disciples call scripture.

Col 1:16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

So dear brethren let us repent and allow Jesus to give us a new mind and a new heart. He has given us all the same instruction. Do what he says.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Act 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Act 2:43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 All the believers were together and had everything in common.
Act 2:45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.
Act 2:46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,
Act 2:47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Take a look at those three words "They devoted themselves" that is the key to the apostles and early churches lives. They were devoted to God.

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Act 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Act 2:43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.
Act 2:46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,
Act 2:47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Take a look at those three words "They devoted themselves" that is the key to the apostles and early churches lives. They were devoted to God.

Beloved,
There is no reason to be on this thread except devotion to Jesus Christ.

Psa 119:38Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who [is devoted] to thy fear.

Psa 119:39Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments [are] good.

Psa 119:40Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

Luk 14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Why did they do those things? Because Jesus did, and preached that it was his narrow way. Likewise his apostles followed the same example and preached it.

Today after 2,000 years of falling away from the gospel standards of Jesus Christ and leaning to fables and traditions of men, very few have the knowledge or desire to follow Jesus his way.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Beloved, New wineskin,

Whatever reality you are using ( natural or spiritual ) , there is no Law of pattern in that writing . The author did not say that they were setting up a ritualistic pattern as another Law for obtaining righteousness in the writing that you call "Acts" . If Moses ( excuse me - Jesus - as you will state ) didn't do a good enough job , neither will Luke or whoever wrote "Acts" ( Jesus again ) . Since you are saying that Jesus wrote the Mosaic books , how about using *that* pattern since Jesus made it clear that it was something to be obeyed while He didn't even imply such in Acts ?

I wish to be devoted to Jesus , not another pattern .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Beloved,

Psa 119:40Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

Luk 14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Why did they do those things? Because Jesus did, and preached that it was his narrow way. Likewise his apostles followed the same example and preached it.

Today after 2,000 years of falling away from the gospel standards of Jesus Christ and leaning to fables and traditions of men, very few have the knowledge or desire to follow Jesus his way.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Whatever reality you are using ( natural or spiritual ) , there is no Law of pattern in that writing . The author did not say that they were setting up a ritualistic pattern as another Law for obtaining righteousness in the writing that you call "Acts" . If Moses ( excuse me - Jesus - as you will state ) didn't do a good enough job , neither will Luke or whoever wrote "Acts" ( Jesus again ) . Since you are saying that Jesus wrote the Mosaic books , how about using *that* pattern since Jesus made it clear that it was something to be obeyed while He didn't even imply such in Acts ?

Beloved Jesus is saying the same thing to all of us.

His holy spirit speaks through John first.

Mat 3:2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 3:13¶Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

When hungry and tempted by Satan to turn stones into bread,

Mat 4:4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God

Mat 4:10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

It is an act of worship toward our father that brings us together here. Putting his work before all else at this time.

Do you have anything else to do thats more important?
I dont.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I dont.

I do . Actually , Paul ( Jesus , to you ) does - walk by the Spirit and not the written code .

And , you have a fake written code - no pattern there - no statement that it is a pattern to be continued by all - no declaration of a Law - only a history of what others did . Peter acted one way with some believers and another with other believers - is *that* a pattern mandated for all of us to follow ? Paul decided to dress down Peter in front of others instead of discussing it privately with him ( later bragging about it in his writings to others ) - is *that* a pattern mandated for us to follow ? Paul and Barnabas disagreed with each other and split even though they were appointed to do a task by leadership and accepted the task - is *that* a pattern mandated for us to follow ? Believers were pushing other believers to be circumcized - is *that* a pattern mandated for us to follow ?

If not everything in Acts is a pattern to follow , why say that anything is ?

Those are nice things to do . Yet , once you talk about these things in this way , you are only attempting to place people under Law . How about allowing the Lord to lead us into whatever things He has for us ?

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I personally make an attempt to learn from those Bible passages that are given as stories/examples/history, and to follow those passages that are given as instruction/doctrine/teaching.
(realizing, of course, that this obediance is a product of my salvation and not a producer of it, and that I cannot be perfect in my own efforts - only as HS enables.)

It saddens me greatly that some seem to think the Holy Spirit will lead people to do anything other than what He has already taught in scripture. :cry:

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do . Actually , Paul ( Jesus , to you ) does - walk by the Spirit and not the written code .

And , you have a fake written code - no pattern there - no statement that it is a pattern to be continued by all - no declaration of a Law - only a history of what others did . Peter acted one way with some believers and another with other believers - is *that* a pattern mandated for all of us to follow ? Paul decided to dress down Peter in front of others instead of discussing it privately with him ( later bragging about it in his writings to others ) - is *that* a pattern mandated for us to follow ? Paul and Barnabas disagreed with each other and split even though they were appointed to do a task by leadership and accepted the task - is *that* a pattern mandated for us to follow ? Believers were pushing other believers to be circumcized - is *that* a pattern mandated for us to follow ?

Those are nice things to do . Yet , once you talk about these things in this way , you are only attempting to place people under Law . How about allowing the Lord to lead us into whatever things He has for us ?

Beloved Jesus set the pattern.
Our Father gave it to him. He walked it and he talked it,in Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John, so did his apostles and the first 120 disciples and the three thousand in
Act 2:41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

Act 2:44And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Act 2:45And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need.
This is a pattern Jesus himself set and it was followed by his apostles and disciples.

But you are free to work out your own salvation anyway you choose.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

FireOfGod

Senior Veteran
Sep 29, 2005
Visit site
✟3,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear brethren,

Where do you stand
With love in Christ
brother daniel
Why would people use grace as an excuse to not do what Jesus told us to do??? Crazy people. Of course we are to do what He told His disciples (us) to do. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lyonguard

Veteran
May 19, 2006
✟17,332.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely.

A quick look at some verses in the early chapters of Acts.

Act 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

They were all together praying in one accord as they awaited Pentecost and the empowering of the Holy Spirit to obey the great commision

. Act 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The day of Pentecost must have been powertful.

Acts 2:14-40 Peter who had denied Christ three times a few short weeks before boldly proclaimed the Word. That's the difference the Holy Spirit makes, a Spirit baptism is for a reason, to empower us for service.

3,000 were saved on the day of Pentecost

Act 2:41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
Act 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Signs and wonders followed. They shared belongings.

Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

The Lord added to the church daily.

They healed the sick.

Act 3:8 So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them--walking, leaping, and praising God.
Act 3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God.

The lame man who sat by the temple gate was healed.He bore witness toGod, He praised the Lord.

Act 5:12 And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.

The Holy Spirit is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is still the Baptiser. He still empowers us for service.

I couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:

Beloved heres what we know.

Every scripture links to its place in context on the internet for quick referencing.

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

We know this child conceaved by the Holy Ghost is Jesus.

Luk 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on [them], and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 2:1¶And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Here we have Stephen , a young Greek Jew , boldy proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Pharisse Jews..

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.

Act 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The brethren in the book of Acts walked in a pattern Jesus set as guided by the Holy Ghost.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What's your problem with Paul?

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear brethren,

Where do you stand
With love in Christ

brother daniel

. The narrow walk He has given me doesn't have to be the same walk He has given you .

Beloved, New wineskin,

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Gal 1:8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Here is a word from the Lord through Peter,

2Pe 1:19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2Pe 1:20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

As I said before Jesus Christ is the author of all that his disciples call scripture.

Col 1:16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

So dear brethren let us repent and allow Jesus to give us a new mind and a new heart. He has given us all the same instruction. Do what he says.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Beloved,

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Beloved Jesus is saying the same thing to all of us.

His holy spirit speaks through John first.

Mat 3:2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 3:13¶Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

When hungry and tempted by Satan to turn stones into bread,

Mat 4:4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God

Mat 4:10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

It is an act of worship toward our father that brings us together here. Putting his work before all else at this time.

I dont.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Beloved Jesus set the pattern.
Our Father gave it to him. He walked it and he talked it,in Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John, so did his apostles and the first 120 disciples and the three thousand in
Act 2:41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

Act 2:44And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Act 2:45And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need.
This is a pattern Jesus himself set and it was followed by his apostles and disciples.

But you are free to work out your own salvation anyway you choose.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Beloved heres what we know.

Every scripture links to its place in context on the internet for quick referencing.

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

We know this child conceaved by the Holy Ghost is Jesus.

Luk 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on [them], and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 2:1¶And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Here we have Stephen , a young Greek Jew , boldy proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Pharisse Jews..

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.

Act 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The brethren in the book of Acts walked in a pattern Jesus set as guided by the Holy Ghost.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

:wave:
Beloved,
Pick what you want from the bible and act on it.

From there I sit there is a Way or pattern set by Jesus and followed by the all the early disciples.

Wealth and politics seem to have corrupted the early Churches in Asia as seen in the first 3 chapters of the Book of Revelation .

A study of Christian history shows a downhill falling away from that time to now.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The beleivers in Acts 2 were baptized in the Holy GHost and fire. Since God said to be filled with the Spirit then we must need Him to accomplish what He has for us to do..

Acts 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call

Amen:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.