Is the Big Bang Theory consistent with Genesis' Creation account?

Originally posted by Sinai
Because the Big Bang Theory says that there was a definite beginning point for the universe, all matter and time itself, it sounds too much like the first chapter of Genesis for a relatively small number of scientists--including a few who are relatively well known and respected, so that they have proposed various other possible theories (multiple or parallel universes, etc.).

Overheard at a physics convention...

"Dang, Harry, did you ever notice that the Big Bang theory sounds a lot like Genesis? Shoot - we can't have that, the creationists will have a field day. We better come up with a new theory, and fast. How about multiple universes or a hypercube? Yeah, that's cool. Let's see them make THAT work with Genesis."

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Sinai
Uh, Nick: You don't by any chance write for Mad magazine, do you? Some of your sidebar comments are quite funny and witty!

No, but I wish I did, so I'll take that as one of the nicest things anyone on here has said. I've enjoyed Mad since as far back as I can remember (that's this morning, I think.)

Speaking of which, did you know that Mort Drucker still does art for Mad? I remember him doing art for Mad since I first started reading it. That's quite a long career with one mag.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
Since I don't believe that the Bible is a science textbook, I tend to get my science and knowledge of the natural world from the scientific community. The Bible is a spiritual guide for me, and as such, I think that there is no conflict between Genesis and the Big Bang.

I believe that whatever created the universe was created by God.
--tibac

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums