Is the Bible Code Ouija Board in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrogenesis

Weapons Grade
Feb 7, 2005
Snells Beach
✟1,484.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm, interesting idea. I think the theory behind an Ouija board is to let your body become a channel for a spirit to speak through, whereas the Bible Code referers to a message that has been encryped in a body of text (In this case the Bible). Decryption is the method of getting at a Bible code, something that God has supposedly hidden in the Bible (Proverbs 25:2 - "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.").

The methods employed by Ouija boards and the Bible code are completely different, and I don't believe that a parallel can be drawn between the two.

(Note: I don't necessarily believe in the Bible code, as I haven't studied it enough to form an opinion)

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about ouija boards, And the truth is I know no more about the bible code. It seems to me though, that it would be very easy to slip your own message in, as Gods. That could be useful politically. I went looking for bible codes on the net. What I found was strongly slanted toward the right. Some might say that proves the actions of the current administration are the will of God. I believe that Gods will is accessable through the Holy Spirit. Anything else is suspect.

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
i dont believe God would make a bible code, its possible he would, but if he did there is absolutely no way we would find it, only the person he intended it for would find it. It would be foolery to go against God and search for it, thats like looking for a sign, miracles, or something to prove Gods existance.

I dont get what you mean, the bible code ouija board in disguise? The ouija board is classified as "channeling", or "talking to the dead" which are both refered to as abombinations, why would God classify it as an abombination? The principal is the "spirit" talking through moving your hand, moving through you and controlling a part of you with your permission, in the bible it talks about people being possessed. People dont just get possessed randomly, you have to do something, if your allowing something to move your body, dont you think possession of some standard is possible? there are differnt levels of possession, and since the two main factors of the ouija board are called abombinations in the bible, doesnt it make sense that God rated them assuch because they are dangerous and unuseful? Gods not a religious idiot, he doesnt make up stupid useless rules and traditions. Why is there a sabbath? maybe if he hadnt have made that, we wouldnt have the weekend, and everyone would work more and youd have 40% more of the population ignoring God throughout their lives. Youll notice that many of the jewish traditions, washing your hands, staying away from dead bodies, had actual medical reasons behind them, germs and disease. "if an issue chaceth you by night, blah blah blah unclean for a day ceremonial washing" Maybe God didnt want STD's spreading among his people..

To deny the dangerousness of the oujia board, when even heathen fools say its dangerous, and millions of demons exist, what do you think demons do, just sit around smoking joints? There constantly influencing, trying to keep people away from christ. If there are actual spirits from people when they die, which is not probable since Jesus reffered to death as sleep, which would not make a good analogy if when you die you wander around as a spirit when you die. If there are spirits that can be contacted through the ouija board, how can you say that you wont contact demons, who are constantly looking for openings into your life.

How do you come to any possible connection between a sign-searching based theory about the bible, and a dangerous abombinationally based thing when...

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
does ur name refer to astral projection, becas ive tried to do that for months upon months and theorize that you might have to have been possessed to some degree earlier in order for demons to put an illusion upon you, but that theories kindof contradictory becas i have experienced wierd pre-affects of projection, just not all the way.

Upvote 0

Pyrogenesis

Weapons Grade
Feb 7, 2005
Snells Beach
✟1,484.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shizzle said:
does ur name refer to astral projection, becas ive tried to do that for months upon months and theorize that you might have to have been possessed to some degree earlier in order for demons to put an illusion upon you, but that theories kindof contradictory becas i have experienced wierd pre-affects of projection, just not all the way.

Astral projection is very dangerous; in effect you're seperating your spirit from your body. While your spirit is seperated your body is lying there, empty. There is nothing to stop a demon entering into your body, and when you re-enter you'd be 'possesed'.

That's my understanding of it anyway, you might want to start another thread about the topic, but it's definately not something that I'd want to do.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Read some of the material of Yakov Rambsel (sp?) who was a Messianic Jew. By hand he found code all through Genesis of Yeshua! He passed away last month so I'm glad that I had a chance to see him in February. What a man of God!

Anyway, his books are interesting. Proved to my mind that God definitely knew the end from the beginning! :bow:

Upvote 0

onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
newlamb said:
Read some of the material of Yakov Rambsel (sp?) who was a Messianic Jew. By hand he found code all through Genesis of Yeshua! He passed away last month so I'm glad that I had a chance to see him in February. What a man of God!

Anyway, his books are interesting. Proved to my mind that God definitely knew the end from the beginning! :bow:

Err, do you realize that the Bible code is just as real as the Harry Potter code, Moby Dick code, and The Hobbit code?

The Bible code is utterly fascinating until you do some more research and realize that the same methods used to "find" the "Bible code" can be performed on any book with roughly the same results.

It's not a code... it's not something God "hid" in the Bible. It's just a random byproduct of the fact that the Bible contains millions of words and letters and when choosen at various intervals, you are bound to have various words and phrase show up.

Kyle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Joykins said:
Is the "Bible Code" you're referring to Kabbalah or something else?

Have I missed hearing about on the latest Da Vinci Code-like fad?

Joy

No, it's not! :D

Regardless of what osmaker says, I found it interesting and just one more confirmation that the Bible is God's book!

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
osmaker said:
Err, do you realize that the Bible code is just as real as the Harry Potter code, Moby Dick code, and The Hobbit code?

The Bible code is utterly fascinating until you do some more research and realize that the same methods used to "find" the "Bible code" can be performed on any book with roughly the same results.

It's not a code... it's not something God "hid" in the Bible. It's just a random byproduct of the fact that the Bible contains millions of words and letters and when choosen at various intervals, you are bound to have various words and phrase show up.

Kyle

Maybe God is in all writing, Kyle! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

projector

The main point of starting this thread is that I have heard from some Christian Televangelists who claim the bible codes are divine but as I was researching bible code over the internet I came across some website which links Bible Code with Ouija Board meaning Bible codes are exactly the opposite to divinity. This was a shock to me since I concluded if we Chrstiians can have completely the opposite to a meaning of a situation then we are in the era of the great deception.

For those of you who need further information between the link between Bible Code and Ouija Board please find them from this sites. Since I am new here I am not allowed at post links just copy and paste the links in your browser and add www infront of the URL

pfo.org/biblcode.htm
letusreason.org/Current3.htm

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
projector said:
The main point of starting this thread is that I have heard from some Christian Televangelists who claim the bible codes are divine but as I was researching bible code over the internet I came across some website which links Bible Code with Ouija Board meaning Bible codes are exactly the opposite to divinity. This was a shock to me since I concluded if we Chrstiians can have completely the opposite to a meaning of a situation then we are in the era of the great deception.

For those of you who need further information between the link between Bible Code and Ouija Board please find them from this sites. Since I am new here I am not allowed at post links just copy and paste the links in your browser.
pfo.org/biblcode.htm
letusreason.org/Current3 .htm
I've only skimmed thme, but both those articles seem to be saying is what we've been pointing out all along - that you can find any message in any book you want if you are willing to put the hours in. The whole "bible code" idea is a load of nonsense played on a gullable audience.

Upvote 0
P

projector

Harlan Norris said:
I don't know about ouija boards, And the truth is I know no more about the bible code. It seems to me though, that it would be very easy to slip your own message in, as Gods. That could be useful politically. I went looking for bible codes on the net. What I found was strongly slanted toward the right. Some might say that proves the actions of the current administration are the will of God. I believe that Gods will is accessable through the Holy Spirit. Anything else is suspect.

I agree with you Harlan.
One thing I am suspicious about it is for example when the words are extracted diagonally. Unless the books of Torah have fixed sentence length thats when one can rely on getting words diagonally otherwise everybook will have its own version of words if extracted diagonally. Another thing that makes it suspicous is its possible to get a paragraph in Torah that may resemble a paragraph from a different book so this will produce the same result.
Another thing I am suspicious about it because some of the bible code experts claim it cannot predict the future while others claim it can predict the future. So how come they are not in agreement when they clain its scientific?

The main thing that I don't like about bible code is because its playing around with Holy words to come up with useless words that can be found from current affairs or History. This is diverting attention of the use of the Bible.

Upvote 0
P

projector

Shizzle said:

Yes I can see why you relate my nickname to astral projection, simply because you have practised it. Please don't be quick to assume any meaning to word that comes across your mind will be the right meaning. You need to be careful here. The fruits that you reap out of you imagination is to be quick to condemn. One thing I know from the Scripture is that we are not allowed to condemn since if Jesus came to the world not to condemn it who are we to condemn it?
I used the word projector to mean the act of coming to a conclusion based on the sign of the times.
The Scripture says there will be a strong delusion capable of deceiving even the elect you can't rule out that bible code as one of the delusion. Just because its title is using the word bible does not make it divine so there is no cause for you to fear it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.