Is sin really the transgression of the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Indeed because that is where God's LAW leads us. :oldthumbsup:
Where does God's law lead us? When and if it does what else does the law do?
Indeed :oldthumbsup:. However it is sad that many do not know what Grace is for..
Do you really mean what grace is? Here's the definition I believe: (in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
ROMANS 1:5, By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, FOR OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH among all nations, for his name.
This isn't the law or Judaism.
ROMANS 6:1-2, [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. [2], How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Do you mean not keeping the sabbath? I don't believe that is what Paul says here because of Romans 7:7. In verse 6 he says delivered from the law. We are both free from sin by death (the dead can't do anything) and free (delivered) from the law.
Indeed great scriptures keep them coming :oldthumbsup:. As posted to you earlier none are righteousn no not one. This is why we need a Saviour to save us from our sins.
Here you by pass grace and declare Christians to be wicked. What is a saint? You don't seem to understand what righteousness God requires or how to get it. That righteousness doesn't come by the law. If it does Jesus died for nothing. Both previous 2 statements are fully supportable by Scripture you've already been quote and ignore.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The priests were not merely doing good on the Sabbath day, they were also desecrating the Sabbath day by transgressing the 4th commandment of the law:

“Haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent?” – (Matt 12:5)

If you were honest in you analysis of the verse, you would have taken the time to define what profane or desecrate means.

But instead you avoid those words because you are in denial of what they really mean.

When the Sabbath day is profaned or desecrated it means it is no longer being kept holy, and this is because the 4th commandment of the law has been violated:

“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God; on it you shall not do any work – (Ex 20:8-10)

The Sabbath day is kept holy by not doing any work.

The Sabbath day was desecrated by the priests because they were doing work on the Sabbath day.

It doesn't matter if it was good work, secular work, or school work.

All work was forbidden on the Sabbath day according to the law.

The priests were desecrating the Sabbath day because they were transgressing the 4th commandment of the law by doing good work on the Sabbath day.

So your argument that they were innocent because they were doing good work does not change the fact that they were also transgressing the 4th commandment of the law by their good work.

They were innocent of sin, but they were guilty of transgressing the 4th commandment of the law, and this is why Jesus accused them of desecrating the Sabbath day:

“Haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent?” – (Matt 12:5)
This desecration you speak about is also done by those who require and take advantage of others sin in working on the sabbath. They also desecrate the sabbath by doing business on account. The deal is the acceptance of goods on the sabbath.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now Bob, are you being honest here?
You seem to be acting as the judge with almost every post. I know it must hurt you that you are not allowed to proclaim all formers as being liars. Adventism really is a judging form of religion and it appears that you have not escaped from it.

Please post the link to the whole post you have taken a small section from. Mark was trying to make this same small section of the post written to him say (like you are here) that this was said in application to someone after conversion when the context of the post was before conversion (scripture was also applied)
I don't need to do that LGW, because you know full well what you write and will never tell us you you are wrong when we point it out with the real truth. Example you tried to cover 2Cor 3:7-11 by telling us transitory means transfer. You may have thought it did, but you soon learned it doesn't and yet absolutely no apology and you will not address the the actual verses. Are you honest LGW? I think we know you quite well by all of your l o n g posts. You initially tried to convince us that Col2:16-17 doesn't mean what is written by using some long drawn out theoretical study that was put to bed by one paragraph in 2Cor 3. Of course that led to your useless defense of those verses. Then you have Eph 2:15, Gal 3:19 and many more verses like not one jot or one tittle passing from the Sinai covenant till ALL be fulfilled to deal with, verses that expose your belief system. I have yet to get straight answers. You use all the verses that tell us to keep God's commands and point to the 10 commandments as being what the writers meant and when I point out that the same writer in the same chapter tells us we are of the truth if we believe in Jesus and love others as He commands you will never consider that to be the truth even though it is positively explaining what our duty is to God. The real truth is right before your eyes and yet you allow your preconceived belief system to override the real truth. It is no wonder that other posters get very frustrated with your posts.

It should not be Bob. If you are continuing in KNOWN SIN however you are not in a saved state before God and need to seek God in repentance, confession of sin and forgiveness by Faith in his Word. (Proverbs 28:13; Hebrews 10:26-27; 1 John 2:1; Acts 8:32)
The problem is that you come on the forum and try to make not keeping the Sabbath a sin. There is no Sabbath except our rest in Jesus and that is always, not one day a week. We have proved that over and over that the Sabbath ended along with the remainder of the Sinai covenant at the Cross and because of your preconceived beliefs you will not consider anything we bring to the table.

1 JOHN 2:1-4 [1], My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
And once again His commandments are believing and loving. What you are insinuating is that I am a liar by not using your untruths as to what constitutes sin. The 10 commandments were transitory. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

What was glorious in verses 7-11 LGW? What was glorious IS done away. Should I shuck Paul's words for your belief LGW. Are you going to stand before the Father and be judged for superseding the Word of God? Is your belief system so sacred that you will ask others to believe you over the Written Word?

God's Word disagrees with yo Bob. Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of GOD neither do they KNOW God and need to be Born of God (Hebrews 10:26:27; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:9)
Not keeping the Sinai covenant's Sabbath command is not sinning and for you to make it a sin is on your shoulders. Another thing, You positively do not "keep" the Sabbath nor could I. SO, Whether you give lip service saying we have to keep it and whether I completely ignore your beliefs if you would happen to be right, neither one of us would be right before God. Is 58: If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath,
from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight,
the holy of the Lord, honourable;
and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways,
nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord;
and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth,
and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father:
for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Remember LGW that I was an "insider", I know how Adventists "keep" the Sabbath. You might just as well forget about it and face the music if you believe what your prophet wrote. It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

Not at all Bob, righteousness is by FAITH by walking in God's Spirit (Romans 8:1-4; 1 John 3:3-10)
You say that until you get someone hooked and then comes the truth of what is believed

1 JOHN 2:1-4 [1], My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
You want us to join a church that speaks out of both sides LGW? One side is what you quoted and the other is that of the prophet who wrote that you will have to stand alone without the advocate. You have to become perfect, without any flaws because the mediator will be removed.
Matthew 28:20
teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Kinda makes your prophet out to be a liar doesn't it.

Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above, are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their characters must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort, they must be conquerors in the battle with evil. While the investigative judgment is going forward in heaven, while the sins of penitent believers are being removed from the sanctuary, there is to be a special work of purification, of putting away of sin, among God’s people upon earth. This work is more clearly presented in the messages of Revelation 14. {LSMS 114.2}

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE what God's WORD says;
Amen!

WHAT IS SIN?
One thing for sure sin is not transgression of the defunct Sinai covenant. It no longer exists. Care to make another stab at what laws Christians are under that would be considered sin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single