Is Salvation Dependent Upon Man's Faithfulness to God?

SarahSmile1980

Nov 8, 2016
Virginia, USA
✟8,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its not church doctrine it is my real life experience with God. God remained faithful to me when i was unfaithful to Him. That is why I am saved today. Because He still loved me
I dont know who Martin LUTHER is. But i do know about Martin Luther King. And he was a living example of Gods agape love.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟286,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I dont know who Martin LUTHER is. But i do know about Martin Luther King. And he was a living example of Gods agape love.

Martin Luther King was named after Martin Luther, who started the Protestant Reformation. You might find it informative to look him up.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its not church doctrine it is my real life experience with God. God remained faithful to me when i was unfaithful to Him. That is why I am saved today. Because He still loved me

That's subjective. The Scriptures are objective.

Upvote 0

SarahSmile1980

Nov 8, 2016
Virginia, USA
✟8,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's subjective. The Scriptures are objective.
I know how God intervined in my life when I was a sinner and unfaithful. He didnt cast me aside. He remained faithful. This is my testimony that God has given me. And there is nothing anyone can say or do to make me doubt Gods love for.

Upvote 0

SarahSmile1980

Nov 8, 2016
Virginia, USA
✟8,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8: 38

Upvote 0

SarahSmile1980

Nov 8, 2016
Virginia, USA
✟8,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't just proof text a few passages. You have to look at all of what Scripture has to say.

Jesus also said, 'he who keeps my commands it is he who loves me.' Paul said, those who continue in good deeds are seeking eternal life. James said, show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith out of my works. These passages are in the Scriptures too. In order to understand what is taught in the Scriptures we need to reconcile any perceived differences in all of the passages.
May I ask, Butch 5. Who is Jesus to you? What do you believe about his life and death? What does His crucifixion mean to you?

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know how God intervined in my life when I was a sinner and unfaithful. He didnt cast me aside. He remained faithful. This is my testimony that God has given me. And there is nothing anyone can say or do to make me doubt Gods love for.

That may be, however, that is subjective. You can't give someone verifiable proof. If you're going to tell someone that their faithfulness doesn't matter you need to provide them with objective evidence. They need something they can investigate themselves.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8: 38

Again, you have to reconcile this passage with the others.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am struggling in the area of faithfulness to God and I just wondered what Scripture had to say about whether or not my faithfulness influenced God's election of me. So, does God love me even though I'm a hypocrite?

the true God loves every soul without exceptions, but the so-called "judge"(Matthew 5:25), a being that is a kind of God one level below the true One, has a power to condemn people, who cause harm/suffering to their neighbor(townsman/cohabitant), to be punished - so don't be an adversary/enemy/opponent of the true One by breaking/violating His Holy Law, and you will not be condemned by the "judge" to suffer forever

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am struggling in the area of faithfulness to God and I just wondered what Scripture had to say about whether or not my faithfulness influenced God's election of me. So, does God love me even though I'm a hypocrite?

1 Tim 2:12
If we endure hardship, we will reign with him. If we deny him, he will deny us.

Upvote 0

SarahSmile1980

Nov 8, 2016
Virginia, USA
✟8,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure how this is relevant.
It is relevent because in the orginal op she asked use is my salvation dependent on my faithfulness. The bible says our salvation is dependent on our faith in jesus christ many times it is stated in the new testement. So far all you have stated is old testement passages. Which makes me question do you even believe that Jesus died for our sins

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Y'SHUA showed and offered YHWH'S KINGDOM,
YHWH'S PATH OF LIFE,
to the hypocrites(HE calls them) in the NT.
They had the SAME opportunity to follow Y'SHUA as the crowds who did follow Y'SHUA.
Some did.
Some refused.
Those who followed Y'SHUA, immersed in HIS NAME, did not stay hypocrites. (they received NEW LIVES)

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is relevent because in the orginal op she asked use is my salvation dependent on my faithfulness. The bible says our salvation is dependent on our faith in jesus christ many times it is stated in the new testement. So far all you have stated is old testement passages. Which makes me question do you even believe that Jesus died for our sins
Just because my statements make you wonder about something doesn't make your question relevant to the OP. I haven't only stated examples from the Old Testament. I said that Jesus said he who loves me keeps my commands. He also said he who does not keep my commands does not love me. I also pointed out that James said, show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith out of my works. Obedience to God is central throughout the Scriptures. The idea that one can be saved and live however they choose is an idea that came out of Reformation teaching, not the Bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not unless you were taught some strange Reformation teaching.

The Reformation Returned men to the Scriptures.

Remember?
Obedience to God is central throughout the Scriptures. The idea that one can be saved and live however they choose is an idea that came out of Reformation teaching, not the Bible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahSmile1980

Nov 8, 2016
Virginia, USA
✟8,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because my statements make you wonder about something doesn't make your question relevant to the OP. I haven't only stated examples from the Old Testament. I said that Jesus said he who loves me keeps my commands. He also said he who does not keep.my commands does not love. I also pointed out that James said, show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith out of my works. Obedience to God is central throughout the Scriptures. The idea that one can be saved and live however they choose is an idea that came out of Reformation teaching, not the Bible
now that explains it well to me. I agree with that. Thank you Butch. 5

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Obedience to God is central throughout the Scriptures. The idea that one can be saved and live however they choose is an idea that came out of Reformation teaching, not the Bible

Remember?
=========================
I don't know anything about this ^^ "strange teaching" ^^ either.
How did it? I dont know anything about this. Can you explain?

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Remember?
No it didn't. It turned men to Augustinianism. the Reformation was just a repackaging of Augustin's theology.

Upvote 0