✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

According to Cambridge Dictionary, magic is defined as the "use of special powers to make things happen that would usually be impossible, such as in stories for children."

--> Link to Dictionary magic

Moreover, "prayer" can be defined as a way of not only talking to God (in a relationship manner) but also a way of asking God for simple to impossible things. If this is the case, does this mean that "prayer" is a form of magic?

In the Spiritual, referring to God, there is always a counterfeit. Prayer is ordained by God, and God wants us to pray to Him.

Php 4:6 Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.

God is also a God who allows, gives us the promise, wills, that we have faith in His abilities to help us. If we have such "faith" nothing shall be impossible to us.

Mar 11:23-24 If you have faith in God and don't doubt, you can tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea, and it will. Everything you ask for in prayer will be yours, if you only have faith.

Given we pray according to His will, as revealed in scripture in the Bible. i.e. we could not pray for "Lots of money", for the bible says:

1Ti 6:6-9 And religion does make you financially rich but makes you content with what you have. We didn't bring anything into this world, and we won't take anything with us when we leave. So we should be satisfied just to have food and clothes. People who want to be rich fall into all sorts of temptations and traps.

Yet we can stand on His word, for things like healing, general provision, and peace, anything that is sensible.

Joh 14:12-14 I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father. Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father. I will do whatever you ask me to do.

Magic is a form of deception, miracles designed to draw people from the truth, do they occur, yes, but we need the real, not the counterfeit.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jaedan if praying is magic-OP- depends on the source and the purpose.

-The source - we petition God so that's not magic.
-The purpose- Asking God to help someone or acknowledging who He is.

God let us know His will and it includes us petitioning Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0