Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I thought this forum may be a good place to post this:

Here is a question I have been present with lately. Is oral sex actually sex? There are some who say that it is not. Others feel that it is? What to do you think? Also if a virgin has oral sex are they no longer a virgin?

Cright

Veteran
Apr 18, 2004
SE Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If it's not appropriate in public, it's at the very least SEXUAL.

If the act involves his penis being touched by her skin it's sex,

if her vagina is being touched by his skin, it's sex.

not necessarily both at the same time either.

sorry if tmi, you asked.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's sex. Otherwise it would be called Oral Pen-Pals or something.

As for virginity, there's an actual definition for that, and it has nothing to do with oral sex. You are a virgin if you have never had intercourse. That doesn't mean you are necessarily "pure" or sexually innocent, but you can't change a medical definition based on morality.

Upvote 0

lin1235

Jana's mommy!
Mar 29, 2005
Cape Town, South Africa
✟4,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I voted no - I'm not saying oral sex before marriage is OK or not a sin, but I do not believe you lose your virginity through oral sex. Your purity, innocence, etc. sure, but not your virginity.

I do feel oral sex should be saved for marriage, as should sex and a lot of touching and kissing behavior... but I believe only vaginal penetration causes one to lose their virginity.

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO Oral sex is sex. Especially if you reach [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].
However, having oral sex does not make you lose your virginity. You need penetration for that.
You can be unpure and still be a virgin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PLEASE NOTE: The following explains my personal views regarding the original topic, and isn't intended to start a debate. It is posted with the understanding that these are the factors which directly influence my personal view on the subject.

"Oral sex", by definition, means that there's some contact with sexual organs happening. Nope, it's not "intercourse" by the strictest sense, but there is sexual gratification...Oh, and the risk of contracting sexual diseases.

One thing I've noticed regarding this subject is that the 'sexuality' of oral sex is relative to the person holding that view.

Put it this way...I've heard teenage males and females say it isn't "sex", because there's no penetration. Since Christianity puts a stress on sexual abstinence before marriage, and oral sex isn't strictly "sex", then it's okay. If that statement disturbs you, then you may want to take the time to explain to your teenager about what oral sex is, your views regarding it, and the risks involved.

However, the definition of oral sex changes when a teenage boy gets an evenly-bordered sore on his mouth that's not herpes simplex, or other STD. Ask any parent if it isn't "sex" when the consequences are apparent. Then, it becomes a case of promiscuity, even if there wasn't actual sex involved.

(I'm sorry if this is TMI.) We had a case here in Louisiana, USA, a few years ago, where a young girl was taken to a doctor for a sore throat, and the cultures came back positive for five different venereal diseases. :sick: :cry: Her own father was subsequently convicted of sexual molestation of a juvenile and other crimes against nature. The father was listed as a sex offender...For those who don't know, that's a label that follows the offender for the rest of life. We have "sex offender registries", where sexual offenders have to report their residence, offense, a photograph of the offender, and sometimes even employment! So even though there wasn't "traditional" sex, there was indeed a legal labelling of a sex crime.

Ask any wife (I'm thinking Hillary, for some reason) if she thinks it's okay for her husband to engage in oral sex with another woman.

There have been divorces where the 'adultery' cited came from oral sex. So from the view of this particular spouse, oral sex just isn't right unless it's performed in marriage, like penetrational sex, which according to Christianity should only be performed in a marriage to begin with.

So, let me recap this:

1. In the eyes of some teenagers, unless taught otherwise that it IS sex, then oral sex isn't really "sex" in the strictest definition, and therefore exempt from the "abstinence" doctrine taught in Christianity.

2. In the eyes of American law, oral sex is charged as a sex offense if both parties are not consensual... And garners the offender with a lifelong stigmatic labelling, with inherent penalties. So from a legalistic view, oral sex is indeed sex.

3. You can bet that Bill Clinton was in the doghouse for a LONG time after he confessed his indescretions to his wife.

4. Oral sex can and does cause an impeachment of a world leader. It doesn't matter how many times you ask for a clarification of the word "is". ;)

5. And yeah, if my husband confessed to doing this with another woman, it would be just as devastating if he'd gone the whole nine yards with that other woman. It would be grounds for divorce.

So yeah...I'd say oral sex is the same as sex.

As to the virginity question. A woman's virginity is a physical state, easily proven by the presence of an unseparated hyman. A man's virginity...Well, he knows whether or not he's ever "been with" a woman physically. Although it's definately a shady area, I'd have to say that virginity can be lost through oral sex, especially for a male.

Also, some food for thought is given through Mirriam-Wesbster Dictionary, which reads:

1vir·gin javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?virgin01.wav=virgin')
Pronunciation: 'v&r-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French virgine, from Latin virgin-, virgo young woman, virgin
1 a : an unmarried woman devoted to religion b capitalized : [SIZE=-1]VIRGO[/SIZE]
2 a : an absolutely chaste young woman b : an unmarried girl or woman
3 capitalized : [SIZE=-1]VIRGIN MARY[/SIZE]
4 a : a person who has not had sexual intercourse b : a person who is inexperienced in a usually specified sphere of activity <a virgin in politics>
5 : a female animal that has never copulated

So yeah, I'd say that under 2a, oral sex would cause a loss of virginity...Perhaps not in the physical sense, but chastity would be out of the window...Not to mention the fact that the girl's morality would be in question.

Reactions: CrystalBrooke
Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oral sex is sex. While yes technically one can remain a virgin(a scapegoat many highschoolers who engage in oral sex use) outside of marriage it detracts from one's purity just like any other sexual act.

I made be weird but I think oral sex needs more love and trust than vaginal sex. I don't see how some can make that kind of act so nonchalant about the whole thing to not even consider it sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.