Is marijuana a sin? PLEASE HELP

May 11, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys I'm currently 17 about to turn 18. I started smoking last summer but moderately just on the Weekends.I have control of the plant the plant does not control me I'm not a pothead or anything and smoking has not lead me to do anything else, and its been a year . But the thing is I don't get high for the wrong intentions , its not for getting "messed up" or "Yolo" or anything. But first I'm not a bad kid I make straight As, I'm athletic,(health wise pot itself is not bad it has been proven. The way you ingest it can be harmful) hardworking loyal honest young man with ambitions. Well anyways now that I'm in highschool there's nothing to do but party and get drunk and I don't want to be that kind of person. Ussually on Fridays I go my thing come back home and just relax. I have complete control of myself and I'm concious of the decisions I make. I really enjoy it it just makes me a lot happier and fun person to be with(I'm ussually not very social)I also enjoy the time I have alone even if its by myself just watching tv or listening to music is just amazing. I also relized my thoughts get very deep, just the other day I started thinking about God and how blessed I was and just how thankful I should be and right there I broke down praying and crying it was very very intense. Well recently I got caught and I'm not doing it anymore, there hasn't been much of a change except for the fact that I'm grounded well I won't be doing it again for a good while but if I ever do again It will be prescribed used with responsability and I will be an mature Adult and like I said it won't be for the wrong reasons maybe sometimes just for enjoying time with family and friends and having a good time or with help falling asleep. can someone please let me know if its still wrong in Gods eyes because I don't want continue if its not...please help

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay, first, please know I'm not judging you or throwing stones. I've done way worse things than smoke pot. Also please know that after nine years of working in a halfway house for recovering addicts I've seen way more than my share of folks who just wanted to get happy and relieve stress who ended up in places they never would have imagined, people who were nice kids, with good grades, into sport, etc, kid just like you.

I think it's great that it is your intention to not be under the power of the pot, but in truth any substance that puts you in an altered state is a problem. It is not biblical to allow ourselves to be under the influence of anything but Jesus. I know you say that you are not under its power, but,sadly, this is common deception, a deception from the enemy of your soul and mine, and it's the beginning of a slppery slope. It's also breaking the law, so definitely a sin. And as far as pot not being unhealthy, that's another deception. It is often treated with dangerous chemicals and other drugs that can harm your health and bring you under their control. Even though it is your intent to not get addicted, if a highly addictive drug is sprayed on your pot, the choice is suddenly out of your hands. You don't want to be addicted, but it is someone else's goal, and to their benefit to get you addicted.

There are better ways to relax and get happy, much happier than any drug can produce. There are healthy ways to relieve stress. Those are different for everyone. For me it's working out, listening to encouraging sermons and music, being out in nature, jumping in my kayak, having alone time with the Lord and being around positive people. For you, it's probably something totally different, and Jesus will gladly lead you to it. He's definitely not leading you to pot, which can, among other things can lead you to jail, where there are no happy or stress -free moments. Don't let the enemy fool you on this one. Instead, go to the Lord. Ask Him to show you a better path. He loves you and has one for you that will bring you "joy unspeakable." He promises that in His Word. I believe that's why the Holy Spirit led you to post here. Somewhere in you you know the pot is unsafe behavior or you wouldn't have needed to ask. It is very wise that you did.

Blessings and prayers,
a

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to congratulate you that you are actually asking this question. Anyway, I think it would be better to ask God about this. The Bible does tell us to stay sober and in the Holy Spirit though if you want my opinion. By the way, the scriptures above me are talking about plants that God gave us to EAT.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have to congratulate you that you are actually asking this question. Anyway, I think it would be better to ask God about this. The Bible does tell us to stay sober and in the Holy Spirit though if you want my opinion. By the way, the scriptures above me are talking about plants that God gave us to EAT.

You can infuse food with Cannabis, my friend :) Cakes, Baked Goods, EVEN everyday foods, you name it! What's awesome is that those verses are versatile to the point where you CAN add Cannabis into the mix - because Cannabis it's self is such a versatile plant!

I would suggest you read the first article, because the information in there is very much respected and wide-spread to those who have read the Bible and who know about the Cannabis and it's wide-spread use in ancient times!

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I said, the grandmother who started on pot and ended up selling coke to kids on the playground, a very sweet lady really, she thought pot was harmless too. She rethought it while being shanked in prison.

Not here to argue. But I have knowledge on both sides. The lily white church lady you see here today, me, used to work in a headshop and then later worked in a drug and alcohol rehab. The folks who took seriously getting free of drugs, alcholol and deception always ended up on the happier side of things.

And the great concern of course, is that something one is trying to escape, rather than heal from, is going unchecked when one relies on an addiciton of any kind, be it pot or shopping. So th person ends up a sublimating victim of that unhealed issue for as long as the addiciton is used to avoid it. Speaking from experience, I don't want that for anyone. Freedom is so much better a choice.

When we reach for addictions, we are reaching for God. We just don't know that so we reach in the wrong places. Addicitons lie. They always let us down. God never lets us down. He lifts us up and heals us and frees us not only from the perceived need for altared states, but from the hurt that drove us to seek the addiction. We get to heal from what has wounded us and be free from it.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As I said, the grandmother who started on pot and ended up selling coke to kids on the playground, a very sweet lady really, she thought pot was harmless too. She rethought it while being shanked in prison.

Not here to argue. But I have knowledge on both sides. The lily white church lady you see here today, me, used to work in a headshop and then later worked in a drug and alcohol rehab. The folks who took seriously getting free of drugs, alcholol and deception always ended up on the happier side of things.

And the great concern of course, is that something one is trying to escape, rather than heal from, is going unchecked when one relies on an addiciton of any kind, be it pot or shopping. So th person ends up a sublimating victim of that unhealed issue for as long as the addiciton is used to avoid it. Speaking from experience, I don't want that for anyone. Freedom is so much better a choice.

When we reach for addictions, we are reaching for God. We just don't know that so we reach in the wrong places. Addicitons lie. They always let us down. God never lets us down. He lifts us up and heals us and frees us not only from the perceived need for altared states, but from the hurt that drove us to seek the addiction. We get to heal from what has wounded us and be free from it.

That's like saying Cannabis is even apart of the gateway theory (Among other myths).

The folks who took seriously getting free of drugs, alcholol and deception always ended up on the happier side of things.

This person doesn't have to worry either way with Cannabis. Combined with the points that I gave, it's evident that in the Bible - Cannabis isn't a sin. Now we just need to reform the laws with the plant.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I wasn't clear. the sweet grammy didn't go to prison for pot. It was for what starting with pot ultimately led her to, selling cocain to kids. And yes, you are correct; pot is a gateway drug.

Please give me articles, scientific links, and quotes to say and prove that CANNABIS is a gateway substance. Also, Cannabis is a plant.

Here is the refutation:

“The gateway progression may be the most common pattern, but it’s certainly not the only order of drug use,” said Ralph E. Tarter, Ph.D., professor of pharmaceutical sciences at the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy and lead author of the study. “In fact, the reverse pattern is just as accurate for predicting who might be at risk for developing a drug dependence disorder.”

Read more at http://scienceblog.com/12116/study-says-marijuana-no-gateway-drug/#HOovxfvEmxXF3TSb.99

Of course, the simplest refutation of the gateway theory is the basic fact that most Cannabis users just don't use other drugs, which many users of Cannabis abide by! Unfortunately, there is one important way in which marijuana use can result in exposure to other more dangerous drugs. Laws against cannabis have created an unregulated black market, in which criminals control the supply and may attempt to market more dangerous drugs to people who just want cannabis. Ironically, the only real gateway that exists is created by cannabis prohibition, yet proponents of harsh cannabis laws cynically cite the damage they've caused as evidence that the drug itself is acutely harmful. It's truly the height of absurdity, yet it persists despite the mountain of categorical data I've outlined above.

The point here isn’t just that cannabis isn’t actually a "gateway drug," but that there really is no such thing as a gateway drug to begin with. The term was invented by hysterical anti-drug zealots for the specific purpose of linking cannabis with harmful outcomes that couldn’t otherwise be established. Everyone knows marijuana is completely non-lethal, but if it leads to sticking needles in your arm, anything's possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't say if cannabis is a sin or not. But it certainly is not a healthy lifestyle to have. I mean.... Lets be honest, you're not gonna go and start baking brownies and cakes infused with THC right away... You're probably gonna smoke it, unfiltered from a pipe or joint. If you've ever seen the inside of a smoker's pipe, you have a pretty good idea of how their lungs might look inside. If you haven't, google 'pipe resin'.

This coming from a relatively 'regular' user, myself.

That said, I seriously doubt that God will hold it against you on judgment day because you decided to smoke a joint. I mean... Why would he have designed such a magnificent plant in the first place?:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I apologize for using the term inappropriately. A more accurate term is "stepping stone," as gateway has become a term linked to physiology.

Here's the info you requested:

Is marijuana a "gateway" or "stepping stone" drug?

General Reference (not clearly pro or con)
The Institute of Medicine published in its Mar. 1999 report titled "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base":
"The gateway analogy evokes two ideas that are often confused. The first, more often referred to as the 'stepping stone' hypothesis, is the idea that progression from marijuana to other drugs arises from pharmacological properties of marijuana itself.
The second is that marijuana serves as a gateway to the world of illegal drugs in which youths have greater opportunity and are under greater social pressure to try other illegal drugs."

Mar. 1999 - Institute of Medicine
"Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base" (988 KB)
Is marijuana a "gateway" or "stepping stone" drug?
PRO (yes)CON (no)The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported on a study of 311 young adult twin pairs conducted by Michael T. Lynskey, PhD, in its Jan. 22, 2003 issue:
Individuals who used cannabis by age 17 years had odds of other drug use, alcohol dependence, and drug abuse/dependence that were 2.1 to 5.2 times higher than those of their co-twin, who did not use cannabis before age 17 years....

In particular, early access to and use of cannabis may reduce perceived barriers against the use of other illegal drugs and provide access to these drugs.

Jan. 22, 2003 - Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
Eric Voth, MD, Chairman of the Institute on Global Drug Policy, sent this email response to ProCon.org on Dec. 12, 2001:
"Yes it is, the medical literature documents this and IOM understates it. Alcohol, tobacco and marijuana all have serious primary effects but all serve as gateway drugs."

Dec. 12, 2001 - Eric A. Voth, MD
The US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), stated in an Aug. 28, 2002 press release about SAMHSA's report; "Initiation of Marijuana Use: Trends, Patterns and Implications:"
"A new federal report released today concludes the younger children are when they first use marijuana, the more likely they are to use cocaine and heroin and become dependent on drugs as adults...

Increases in the likelihood of cocaine and heroin use and drug dependence are also apparent for those who initiate use of marijuana at any later age."

Aug. 28, 2002 - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
The US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) told ProCon.org in a Jan. 2, 2002 email:
"Among marijuana's most harmful consequences is its potential role in leading to the use of other illegal drugs like cocaine and heroin. Long-term studies of high school students and their patterns of drug use show that very few young people use other illegal drugs without first trying marijuana.
While not all people who use marijuana go on to use other drugs, using marijuana puts children and teens in contact with people who are users and sellers of other drugs, so there is more of a risk that a marijuana user will be exposed to and urged to try more dangerous drugs.
A recent study by Columbia University's Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse found a pronounced difference in future drug use between kids who used marijuana and those who did not. It revealed that teens who smoke marijuana are 85 times more likely to use cocaine than those who do not. This means the odds of using other drugs increases with the increased frequency of marijuana smoking."

Jan. 2, 2002 - US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
The Eagle Forum stated in its brochure titled "Facts You Need to Know About ... Marijuana," from its website (accessed Mar. 2006):
"Since THC is continually in the body, the 'high' from pot gradually diminishes, and so pot smokers usually take other drugs to get a kick.
Nevertheless, they continue to smoke pot as they use the other drugs, because they think pot makes them 'feel good all the time.' Most pot smokers drink alcohol heavily, and many become so confused that they take cocaine and heroin....
Not all pot smokers use cocaine or heroin, but almost no one takes these drugs who has not used marijuana extensively.
Without pot smoking, there would be no demand for cocaine or heroin."

Mar. 2006 - Eagle Forum
Joycelyn Elders, MD, former US Surgeon General, stated in a Dec. 14, 2002 editorial published in The Globe and Mail:
"Much of their [US drug-policy leaders] rhetoric about marijuana being a 'gateway drug' is simply wrong. After decades of looking, scientists still have no evidence that marijuana causes people to use harder drugs.

If there is any true 'gateway drug,' it's tobacco."

Dec. 14, 2002 - Joycelyn Elders, MD
Pierre Claude Nolin, LLC, Senator and Chairman of the Special Senate Committee on Illegal Drugs in Canada, was quoted in the Edmonton Sun on Dec. 12, 2002:
"It [marijuana] is not a gateway drug. There's nothing in the substance that leads to other drugs.
The gateway is not the substance. It's the black market."

Dec. 12, 2002 - Pierre Claude Nolin, LLL
Andrew Morral, PhD, Director of the Safety and Justice Program in Infrastructure, Safety, and Environment at the RAND Corporation, stated in a Dec. 2, 2002 press release discussing his study with the RAND Corporation published in the British journal Addiction in 2002:
"We've shown that the marijuana gateway effect is not the best explanation for the link between marijuana use and the use of harder drugs.
An alternative, simpler and more compelling explanation accounts for the pattern of drug use you see in this country, without resort to any gateway effects. While the gateway theory has enjoyed popular acceptance, scientists have always had their doubts. Our study shows that these doubts are justified...

The people who are predisposed to use drugs and have the opportunity to use drugs are more likely than others to use both marijuana and harder drugs. Marijuana typically comes first because it is more available."

Dec. 2, 2002 - Andrew Morral, PhD
The Institute of Medicine published in its Mar. 1999 report titled "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base":
"In fact, most drug users do not begin their drug use with marijuana--they begin with alcohol and nicotine, usually when they are too young to do so legally...

There is no evidence that marijuana serves as a stepping stone on the basis of its particular physiological effect."

Mar. 1999 - Institute of Medicine
"Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base" (988 KB)
Lynn Zimmer, PhD, Professor Emeritus at Queens College at the City University of New York, stated in his 1997 book Marijuana Myths - Marijuana Facts:
"In the end, the gateway theory is not a theory at all. It is a description of the typical sequence in which multiple-drug users initiate the use of high-prevalence and low-prevalence drugs.
A similar statistical relationship exists between other kinds of common and uncommon related activities. For example, most people who ride a motorcycle (a fairly rare activity) have ridden a bicycle (a fairly common activity). Indeed, the prevalence of motorcycle riding among people who have never ridden a bicycle is probably extremely low. However, bicycle riding does not cause motorcycle riding, and increases in the former will not lead automatically to increases in the latter.

Nor will increases in marijuana use lead automatically to increases in the use of cocaine or heroin."

The point being, as those of us who have drug rehab experience have seen continually, is not that pot makes you use other drugs, but rather that human nature predicts quite accurately that a large percentage of folks who use pot will move on to other drugs.

I hope that helps.

Blessings,
a

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Is smoking pot a sin? Well, I can't say, but I will say that any mind altering substances can interfere with one's spiritual growth and I would warn against it. Being of clear mind and a healthy body simply feels good and I hope you will eventually realize this. Praying for you!

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As for the issue of pot being a plant, myself being an herbalist, we run into this sort of thing all the time. Not all plants are meant for human consumption or for humans at all. for example, poison ivy is a plant, but do we really want to have much to do with it? Hemlock is a poisonous plant. Tobacco is a plant and it makes a great pesticide. It's harmless to humans when used to keep bugs out of your garden, but ingesting it is extremely toxic.

again, hope that helps,
a

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is smoking pot a sin? Well, I can't say, but I will say that any mind altering substances can interfere with one's spiritual growth and I would warn against it. Being of clear mind and a healthy body simply feels good and I hope you will eventually realize this. Praying for you!

Nicely stated! I'm praying for you, too!

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys I'm currently 17 about to turn 18. I started smoking last summer but moderately just on the Weekends.I have control of the plant the plant does not control me I'm not a pothead or anything and smoking has not lead me to do anything else, and its been a year . But the thing is I don't get high for the wrong intentions , its not for getting "messed up" or "Yolo" or anything. But first I'm not a bad kid I make straight As, I'm athletic,(health wise pot itself is not bad it has been proven. The way you ingest it can be harmful) hardworking loyal honest young man with ambitions. Well anyways now that I'm in highschool there's nothing to do but party and get drunk and I don't want to be that kind of person. Ussually on Fridays I go my thing come back home and just relax. I have complete control of myself and I'm concious of the decisions I make. I really enjoy it it just makes me a lot happier and fun person to be with(I'm ussually not very social)I also enjoy the time I have alone even if its by myself just watching tv or listening to music is just amazing. I also relized my thoughts get very deep, just the other day I started thinking about God and how blessed I was and just how thankful I should be and right there I broke down praying and crying it was very very intense. Well recently I got caught and I'm not doing it anymore, there hasn't been much of a change except for the fact that I'm grounded well I won't be doing it again for a good while but if I ever do again It will be prescribed used with responsability and I will be an mature Adult and like I said it won't be for the wrong reasons maybe sometimes just for enjoying time with family and friends and having a good time or with help falling asleep. can someone please let me know if its still wrong in Gods eyes because I don't want continue if its not...please help

Howdy. I'll be speaking from nearly 13 years of personal experience so I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the subject of marijuana. I started smoking it when I was about 15 and continued until I was almost 25. I then started smoking again when I was 39 and smoked it until I was about 42.

Pot has more negative side effects than its proponents want to admit. There's no doubt that it numbed my thought process and made me literally stupid (while I was high). It stays in the body (fat cells, hair follicles, etc.) for many days or even weeks. If it is smoked it will cause lasting lung damage. Many scientists agree that it can have a lasting effect on the male reproductive system and can even cause permanent sterility if it is used during a male's formative years (puberty and early adulthood).

Do I think smoking it is a sin? It is for me! I can't speak for you but it is for me. I do, however, believe that there may be some circumstances when it can be used for medicinal purposes but many folks these days are looking for or creating those circumstances out of a figment of their imagination.

Pot alters the brainwaves and, thus, alters our clear perception of things. Chronic or long-term use can lead to paranoia and other mental malfunctions.

Just my opinion. Hope I helped in some little way.

P.S. Some folks will use the argument that pot is "one of God's herbs" and that it's good because God created it. But we can't forget that a lot of herbs are deadly poison that we wouldn't even consider ingesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ActionJ said:
Howdy. I'll be speaking from nearly 13 years of personal experience so I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the subject of marijuana. I started smoking it when I was about 15 and continued until I was almost 25. I then started smoking again when I was 39 and smoked it until I was about 42.

Pot has more negative side effects than its proponents want to admit. There's no doubt that it numbed my thought process and made me literally stupid (while I was high). It stays in the body (fat cells, hair follicles, etc.) for many days or even weeks. If it is smoked it will cause lasting lung damage. Many scientists agree that it can have a lasting effect on the male reproductive system and can even cause permanent sterility if it is used during a male's formative years (puberty and early adulthood).

Do I think smoking it is a sin? It is for me! I can't speak for you but it is for me. I do, however, believe that there may be some circumstances when it can be used for medicinal purposes but many folks these days are looking for or creating those circumstances out of a figment of their imagination.

Pot alters the brainwaves and, thus, alters our clear perception of things. Chronic or long-term use can lead to paranoia and other mental malfunctions.

Just my opinion. Hope I helped in some little way.

P.S. Some folks will use the argument that pot is "one of God's herbs" and that it's good because God created it. But we can't forget that a lot of herbs are deadly poison that we wouldn't even consider ingesting.

That's very interesting to hear you talk about this. Always good to listen to people with experience.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have much experience too, oh my. Looks like we'll have a debate....

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

Oh what. No Cancer links... Still it worries me that people think Cannabis is a poisonous plant...when thousands of years of medicinal and economic benefits were reaped in the Middle East and throughout the world. I never knew having a 3.3 GPA was bad on Cannabis... especially for a college student? It looks like nobody read the erowid articles, shame.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I have much experience too, oh my. Looks like we'll have a debate....

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

Oh what. No Cancer links... Still it worries me that people think Cannabis is a poisonous plant...when thousands of years of medicinal and economic benefits were reaped in the Middle East and throughout the world. I never knew having a 3.3 GPA was bad on Cannabis... especially for a college student? It looks like nobody read the erowid articles, shame.

Prostitutes & Politicians have been around for "thousands of years" and have reaped "economic benefits" as well but I'm not too certain that that makes those professions justifiable or honorable.

I'm sure your hand-picked article gives pot a glowing review but having experienced the mind-altering and life-altering drug for myself I will have to denounce any one-sided conclusions reached by the proponents of THC.

What's the bottom-line purpose for smoking or ingesting THC? For me and everyone I ever used with it was to "get high." It took us away from the humdrum reality of day to day living and took our cares away. By doing so, it became easy to "not care." It became easy to shirk our responsibilities. It was also a good way to waste lots of cash. So ... instead of paying that insurance payment or instead of buying some much needed groceries the money went towards reefer and another night of mental sloth. No user wants to admit these facts but they're facts nonetheless.

Upvote 0

marinasdiamond

faith, hope, and love
Apr 20, 2013
✟7,691.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I would have to agree that for most people I know (including my former self), it is sort of a gateway drug and can lead to addiction if you're not very careful. I don't think it's a sin to smoke a joint every once in a while, but it can be very tempting for "every once in a while" to turn into often which could turn into all the time. It's easy to become more comfortable with it and consequently become less careful with hiding it, less careful where you go with it, and with what you do with it. I started off only eating edibles every once in a while at a friends' house, and about a year later I was smoking all day every day and driving to school high. I'm not saying all people are like this, but for me it became addicting. It ended up affecting my grades and I even got some withdrawal symptoms after I quit (there are withdrawal symptoms for heavy users.. mostly just the emotional withdrawal of not being high all the time). It can also get pretty expensive, and I got pretty lazy when I smoked, too. To me, it's too risky to bother with it, and there are better things to do.

Sorry if this sounded blunt/cynical, but that was just my experience with it and it wasn't very good :/ Especially if you're in school, I wouldn't recommend it.

Upvote 0

Affliction

Jun 26, 2013
Connecticut
✟470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Prostitutes & Politicians have been around for "thousands of years" and have reaped "economic benefits" as well but I'm not too certain that that makes those professions justifiable or honorable.

I'm sure your hand-picked article gives pot a glowing review but having experienced the mind-altering and life-altering drug for myself I will have to denounce any one-sided conclusions reached by the proponents of THC.

What's the bottom-line purpose for smoking or ingesting THC? For me and everyone I ever used with it was to "get high." It took us away from the humdrum reality of day to day living and took our cares away. By doing so, it became easy to "not care." It became easy to shirk our responsibilities. It was also a good way to waste lots of cash. So ... instead of paying that insurance payment or instead of buying some much needed groceries the money went towards reefer and another night of mental sloth. No user wants to admit these facts but they're facts nonetheless.

You're forgetting the Doctors, Economists, and members of the DEA. But okay. :thumbsup:

Because the Washington post only posts the glowing reviews after they got the truth afterward :3

Oh right the facsimile "Amotivational Syndrome" Lolno. Tell me more about the many glasses of wine and alcohol people consume 21 and over to take "us away from the humdrum reality of day to day living and took our cares away." as well...?

Upvote 0