Is Lusting after your spouse acceptable?

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think lasciviousness and concupiscence are a sin mentioned quite a lot. 1 Thessalonians 4:5 says not to live in passionate lust like the pagans
But I can't help but think if I married a pretty girl that I would be excessively lustful at times and I would imagine justifying this under the pretense of marriage, which God approves of.

1 Corinthians
What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not;
Let me state it this way...

If by "lust" you mean (as the bible actually uses the term) a strong desire, then I certainly hope you do have a strong desire to unite with your wife sexually.

But if by "lust" you mean that you are experiencing a desire to use your wife sexually for your own satisfaction, and that's more significant to you than her person and your relationship with her, then it's wrong. It's wrong because no person should be objectified... sexually or otherwise... by anyone else... even their own spouse.

• Do NOT sexually objectify your wife... ever.
  • DO enjoy the freedom and delight of mutually giving yourselves to each other sexually. It's one of the great delights of biblical marriage!
David

Upvote 0