Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was just looking in the mirror and noticed some wrinkles, and was thinking that time sure has slipped by.

Is it the internet? Is it cell phones..? I ask this because I never really have any down-time, to where I feel bored like I did when I was young, before cell phones.

I think I'm having too much fun.

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah, it feels like a free-fall as far as time is concerned. I've made another thread reflecting that over 20 years have just flew by.

I can relate to the part where you do not feel bored. I can't feel bored or don't know how to feel bored. Whereas in the 80s there were allot of boring moments, and even putting on the TV didn't help with boredom since sometimes there was nothing good to watch and you just keep flipping channels. If it's really bad, you'd end up in these commercials while flipping even if there was a decent show and then try to flip back to see if the show was on.

With modern tech and gadgets, that's all a thing of the past and people can generally watch and consume anything, on various size screens, etc.. on demand. It's a bit bewitching if you look at it.

Today it looks like you can plug in and plug out of so many different things. My folks are also going out allot too. So the set-up I'm in makes it impossible to feel bored.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it feels like a free-fall as far as time is concerned. I've made another thread reflecting that over 20 years have just flew by.

I can relate to the part where you do not feel bored. I can't feel bored or don't know how to feel bored. Whereas in the 80s there were allot of boring moments, and even putting on the TV didn't help with boredom since sometimes there was nothing good to watch and you just keep flipping channels. If it's really bad, you'd end up in these commercials while flipping even if there was a decent show and then try to flip back to see if the show was on.

With modern tech and gadgets, that's all a thing of the past and people can generally watch and consume anything, on various size screens, etc.. on demand. It's a bit bewitching if you look at it.

Today it looks like you can plug in and plug out of so many different things. My folks are also going out allot too. So the set-up I'm in makes it impossible to feel bored.

Hopefully we get to live longer somehow, considering we got jipped out of our time to be bored. I'm hoping for some kind of internal clock, at the cellular level, to extend our stay here considering our losses. We'll be the first generation to know, since we brought in the tech.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've always maintained that it isn't our imagination that time is going by faster. Something to do with the universe expanding (I don't have the details worked out.;)) Yes, all is relative and time is speeding up. Us older folks have been around long enough to notice it!

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums