Is it wrong working with a false doctrine church for a fundraiser for less fortunate children ?

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was invited to help out for a Christmas fundraiser at a church that preaches the prosperity gospel A part of me thinks it is ok because I am helping them help kids another part of me think it’s wrong because im helping a false doctrine church ?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was invited to help out for a Christmas fundraiser at a church that preaches the prosperity gospel A part of me thinks it is ok because I am helping them help kids another part of me think it’s wrong because im helping a false doctrine church ?
How do you know the money would be going to the kids? If money is the main concern for this church, I would be concerned if the funds are actually going to the cause and not lining the pastor and staff's pockets. Personally I would donate to a church that is more in line with God's Word. At the end of the day, the people collecting the money will be responsible for how they are handling God's money, not the generous people who donate, unless donated in order to receive favor. Maybe you can donate to the cause directly and bypass the church if you have some concerns. I would earnestly pray about it. God bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, help them out. It's not about what they preach it's about your heart let God worry about the rest. They are also brothers and sisters who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior. Peace

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If an atheist organization wanted to raise funds at Christmas for orphans would you object to it doing so? If governments, atheists, public schools etc can do it and you would help them - then I think you are welcome to help fellow Christians that are doing that same form of charitable work.

Upvote 0