✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Christians aren't perfect but the world seems to expect us to be."

I agree, but when in their interviews they say the stuff they do...it shows me that they aren't christian LEADERS. That's the position they are in and they aren't living up to it.

Upvote 0
S

swimmase

aquafina:
Sometimes the way I feel is misleading. I would honor God with all I knew but I still felt like I was not doing a good job at being a Christian. I asked the pastor and he said something I will never forget. "You are feeding off your emotions."

I think thats key right there. My emotions mislead me all the time.

i am very much bothered by the same problem, i think. how have you managed to get ahold of your emotions? mine run wild on me, keeping me captive to things like fear and worry. any advice anyone?

Upvote 0
1 Cor 6:12 "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but I will not be brrought under the power of any."

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but not all things edify"

When Paul tells us 'all things are lawful', he means all things that are not specifically forbidden by God's Word are ok to do, but they do not enlighten or improve. The Greek word for edify is oikodomei which literally means 'to build a house'. Paul is saying that he can sit and watch Oprah all day eating Bon Bons freeley in Christ, but it does no good in building his spirit. He goes on to emphasise that we do not judge others who feel free in Christ to do things which we do not feel free to do. I went into more detail in my post Putting Potter In His Place.

Much Love in Christ,
Matthew A. Hebbert

Upvote 0
L

lisa03wilson

Creed says openly on their website that they are not a "Christian band" they make the distinction in that Christian bands have an "agenda" to convert and they do not, but Scott Stapp (creed's lead singer) is a Christian, as far as I know, and since he writes most of the songs it really comes through in some points. I'm really happy cause I got ticikets to a sold out concert of theirs in a month or so.

Lifehouse I really like and have not been able to find a sepcific answer on their site. Jason Wade (lead singer) is a missionary's son and I have heard say he is a Christian. All of the band members thank God in the cd book, and one, I don't remember which, says something like "all this music comes from you and goes right back" They express alot of their feelings in their music though most people figure they are just talking about a girl or something which is sad.

Anyway, these are two of my favorite bands, and Creed was actually one of the things that got me to realize something was not right in my life and that resulted in me comming into a relationship with God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.