Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And they will, its not average, most like sports and simple stuff. Things like musicals are more complicated to understand and so not many can enjoy it and when you are outside of the bell curve those that are in the average curve will give you a hard time because people fear what they don't understand.
Lol, I don't think you need to be outside the average bell curve to enjoy/understand musicals..

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟437,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey I won't criticize any dudes for preferring musicals or poetry or what have you as long as they don't give me any problems for loving baseball and football. I personally love it all. I can—and HAVE—gone from having a beer and a dog at a ball game to an opening for a local painter at a gallery in just a few hours.

We would only have a problem if someone tries to trash my beloved sports.

You do you.

Reactions: Paulie079
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟845,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nah there's nothing wrong with it. I'm mostly the artistic type. I don't really love sports, except the NFL. Even then, I'm passionate about one team, which is more of a connection with my dad than anything else. But, you're you. You like what you like, and don't like what you don't like. Don't worry about the stereotypes that exist about men.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As for me, the only sport I like is figure skating. And playing Madden video games lol..

My brother taught me how to play Madden. Little did he know that once I learned, I would own him at it afterwards.

Reactions: zay
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟691,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hey I won't criticize any dudes for preferring musicals or poetry or what have you as long as they don't give me any problems for loving baseball and football. I personally love it all. I can—and HAVE—gone from having a beer and a dog at a ball game to an opening for a local painter at a gallery in just a few hours.

We would only have a problem if someone tries to trash my beloved sports.

You do you.

No, I would never trash your team. But I also don't understand sports. And I don't trash things I don't understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lol, I don't think you need to be outside the average bell curve to enjoy/understand musicals..

O no, nobody in the bell curve can enjoy a musical, its just not the way of the bell curve. Broadway, opera, musicals people are most definably outside the curve with the average jock at the top or center of the bell curve. Pizza is at the center of the bell curve while asparagus is outside of the curve, its the nature of the curve. Social justice warriors are outside the curve while Homer Simpson is in the curve.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,172,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
O no, nobody in the bell curve can enjoy a musical, its just not the way of the bell curve. Broadway, opera, musicals people are most definably outside the curve with the average jock at the top or center of the bell curve. Pizza is at the center of the bell curve while asparagus is outside of the curve, its the nature of the curve. Social justice warriors are outside the curve while Homer Simpson is in the curve.

Hmmmm.. you make a good point.. it scares me.. but I need to face the facts..

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟691,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know enough to say that it's unnatural. I would just call it strange. Well, since you mentioned the Sound of Music specifically, very strange.

Well I asked people's opinion and I'm glad you were honest about it.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To me , watching professional, or college sports is quite boring. I guess I just am not a real good spectator. If I am playing, that is fine, or watching a family member or close friend, I guess that is OK. But, to get into, and watch and hoop and yell for this team or that team for whatever reason seems senseless and a waste of time and energy. So many are into it and no one can explain why. I can understand the social reasons- something to chat about at work the next day, etc. But, beyond that, the passion and loyalty for "my team" and "your team" that so many have, I just do not understand.
I guess I like doing things over watching other people doing things.
I am a car guy and enjoy restoring, building, fixing, driving, racing, etc. But, at the same time, I cannot sit on my duff and watch people on tv doing what I do.
Enjoy what you do and your interests.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟253,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Is it unnatural for a man, like myself, to not be into sports? I love musicals, but I hate sports. I would rather watch The Sound of Music then a basketball game. I would rather watch a Broadway musical then to watch the super bowl.
No, not at all. I do not watch sports on TV, it simply does not interest me.

Upvote 0