USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If God is all-powerful and all-knowing, then why does he create people that he knows will sin?
I think your intuition is correct, that God does not create evil and sin. Yet it clearly exists. How to resolve the conflict? *Not* by saying God did it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hello YeshuaslaveJeff. Thank you for your response.
Indeed, we are often unable to control the fleshly desire to sin. So then, is the sinning bad if we can't control it?
Think about that.
Sin, and the penalty is death.
Even if (you think) it can't be controlled.
Others controlled their sin or life, and went and sinned no more.
IF they fell, they were not cast down, for the Lord upheld them with the strength of His Right Hand (as written)... they continued life in Christ Jesus, repentant, whole, sifted by the enemy even, and recovered to help others.

The new creation in Christ Jesus has self control. Not self-interest.
Not lack of control. Not a sinful desire nor desire to sin, except the Lord provides a way to escape or to overcome it.

Bad company corrupts (even) GOOD morals. So one way to continue in sin , instead of with Christ Jesus, is to keep with bad company.
=========================================

God Knows the minds of everyone.
He is Perfectly Righteous and Just, as well as Merciful.

He has provided one way to eternal life.
He has provided amazing overwhelming Graciously the way to overcome sin in your life.
In each of our lives, as written.

The only thing I am wondering is if sinning is bad, when God creates the sin-prone minds of (some) people and creates the sin-triggering environments around them while doing nothing about the eventual outcome of sin, even though he is all-knowing and all-powerful.
If the wage of sinning is death, but God is the one that makes people do it, is the sin truly a bad thing to do?
Yes. Sin is transgression, and disobedience and the penalty is death.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello men and women of God! This is my first post here.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the nature of sin, and I would dearly appreciate it if you guys would help me with answering this question. So thank you in advance! :)

Here is my question. Plain and simply: "Is sinning bad?"
Of course we all assume that sinning is bad, because it is written in the bible, but there are some questions that lead me to doubt that. Namely...

"Why did God create evil and sin in this world?"
You could say that that God did not create us to do evil, but that he gave us free will, so that if we choose evil, we face the consequences and it we choose good, we are rewarded with God's grace.

But then here is my real question: "If God is all-powerful and all-knowing, then why does he create people that he knows will sin? And is sinning then really bad?"
Let's say God creates a person and grants him free will. However, God also created that person with a mental instability / weak will (which, let's assume makes him prone to murderous acts). Subsequently, let's say God then also places that person in an environment with abusive parents at home and frequent bullying at school (which, let's assume, combined with his mental instability causes him to commit murder) And so, he shoots up his class. This is an example, but I'm sure cases like this have actually happened in real life.
In such a case, can the murderer then really be held responsible for his actions? I mean,
-(1) He was born and raised with triggers that would undoubtedly (to God) lead him to commit a murderous act.
-(2) God, while all-powerful and all-knowing knew he would murder, yet did nothing about the sinful act.
If God created the person's will and circumstance, knew the outcome of his sin, and did nohing about it, was is then truly 'bad' for the murderer to commit murder?

"Is sinning bad?" may sound like a strange question, but I am seriously pondering it, and I would appreciate it greatly if you fellow Christians would help me out. So thanks! :)

Greets, Kees
God created light. So why bother creating dark? God created man, so why create animals? God created angels, so why create mankind? God created balance, so why create chaos? The fact is that man embraced evil and by his nature after Adam sinned he seeks carnal pleasure. If you want to know if sinning is bad stop listening to people and stop listening to government and stop listening to advisers and stop listening to your own desires, and listen to the Word of Jesus Christ and Christ alone.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the wage of sinning is death, but God is the one that makes people do it, is the sin truly a bad thing to do?
God doesn't make people sin. He tempts no one. God allows free choices. That doesn't make him responsible for our sin. Would you rather be a robot?

Upvote 0

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You ask why evil exists in the world. Why is that important? It just does. Sinning is bad, because it creates more evil in the world or because it is bad for oneself. There are some false "sins" that do not really harm anyone but for those that do create some harm, why would you want to do them? God gave instruction in his book on how to behave, because he wanted people to strive for peace, love, and harmony. Is that not a beautiful goal?

Upvote 0