IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THERE BE A CANON LAW ABOUT WHAT DISQUALIFIES A CATHOLICS FROM RECEIVING

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...HOLY COMMUNION, AND HERE I AM REFERRING TO PUBLIC PERSONS WHO DENY ESSENTIAL CATHOLIC TEACHING TO FURTHER THEIR POLITICAL AMBITIONS AND OTHERS WHO DO IT FOR NOTORIETY OR FAME

I have never seen so many raw nerves in the Catholic Church and directed toward our pope, bishops and priests. I think lay Catholics are at a breaking point with all of the scandals, controversies and idiocy that we see in high places, McCarrick just one ugly, scandalous scenario of way too many.

I have counseled several parishioners who are fed up with the hierarchy and truly angry at Cardinal Gregory's graciousness toward the President-elect in offering him Holy Communion. They simply don't understand the politics of cardinals and bishops.

President Elect Joe Biden is the most virulent pro-abortion President who happens to be the second Catholic elected to the presidency.

Is it too difficult for the bishops and the Cardinal of Washington, DC simply tell President Biden, we want to work with you and we are glad you attend Mass. However, given your stance on abortion, gender ideology and euthanasia, please refrain from receiving Holy Communion. Is that too difficult?

As it is we have Cardinal Gregory saying he won't refuse the president-elect Holy Communion as he doesn't want to weaponize the Holy Eucharist. But when a person receives Holy Communion in a state of mortal sin or public apostasy, that will not go well for their salvation and is another mortal sin. Does the Cardinal not care about the immortal soul of the president-elect?????

But worse for Catholics of good will is that you have Cardinal Gregory saying one thing, Cardinals Burke and Mueler, Archbishop Chaput and Bishops Aquilla and Strickland among others saying the president-elect should not receive Holy Communion. And the Bishop of Charleston backed one of his South Carolina priests last year who refused the then former Vice President Biden Holy Communion.

Can't there be a canon law for everyone and each bishop follow it? Is that too much to ask?

Continued below.
southern orders: IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THERE BE A CANON LAW ABOUT WHAT DISQUALIFIES A CATHOLICS FROM RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION, AND HERE I AM REFERRING TO PUBLIC PERSONS WHO DENY ESSTENIAL CATHOLIC TEACHING TO FURTHER THEIR POLTICAL AMBITIONS AND OTHERS WHO DO IT FOR NOTERIETY OR FAME

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,447.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is the Priest/Bishop responsible for who he allows Holy Communion? Or is every person receiving Holy Communion the only one being responsible to not commit a sin by receiving it? Or is the priest responsible in the case that he actually knows when it is a sin for somebody?

Upvote 0