Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the future, they might do away with passwords and have people use their eyes (retinal scans) instead, and also other parts of your body. There are facial recognition and fingerprints right now. Is it a sin to participate in any of these? I keep thinking they are associated with the mark of the beast. Also, those RFID chips--are they the mark as well?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the future, they might do away with passwords and have people use their eyes (retinal scans) instead, and also other parts of your body. There are facial recognition and fingerprints right now. Is it a sin to participate in any of these? I keep thinking they are associated with the mark of the beast. Also, those RFID chips--are they the mark as well?

Unless they start requiring you to burn incense to the image of Mark Zuckerberg to get one then no. It isn't.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is much error in addressing the "mark of the beast". Not only is it not a chip, the mark is only for those who reject Jesus Christ of Nazareth and it is the "blot" in the "book of life". If you believe and stop fearing things that can not touch you, you will begin to know the freedom Christ has given those who walk in His Holy Spirit.

Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book”
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Lybrah , biometrics that map/measure your existing body traits do not satisfy the verses in Revelation 13. The Beast didn't make you take them; you were born with them.

The RFID chip is not quite the "mark," but it could be its granddaddy.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm confident in saying that the Mark of the Beast has been around already for about 2,000 years (and even before that), so I doubt very much that it's some "up and coming" new thing that amounts to some innovative technological contrivance. This isn't to say that today's technology won't somehow bolster the forced acceptance of the Mark, but the technology we see being invented year by year -- such as implanted chips in the body or bio-metric scans -- isn't the Mark itself.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a different interpretation. The mark of the beast may be physical, like an implant. I'd not have one. However, I think it is the "PC" world that demands people submit to its demands. China is rolling out technology to monitor every aspect of a citizen's life. Orwell's 1984 is a few years late, but it's here now, and coming to your place. You will have to be PC in order to get and/or keep a job, gain entry to university, be in public life, in business or any activity that the state decides is important.

Christians who do not conform to the PC world will suffer, as is happening in China now. God will step in and protect those who do not bow the knee to the PC god.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Nobody knows. Too many people are worried.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

On the second video, go to 3:10.

"Chip seller, Jowun Osterlund, sees no need for risk analysis. He's certain the trend can't be stopped. He foresees chips implanted not only in hands but in heads too."

It was at this point where I knew there was no going back on my faith. I've been waiting for this to happen since around the age of thirteen and now it's turning into reality.

sorry you wasted your earlier years on a fable

it is all about worship not a physical mark or article.

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Revelation 14:7
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters

Mark of the Beast | Antichrist | Papal Authority

Upvote 0

eik

Dec 29, 2019
Hampshire
✟9,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
None of these things are the "mark of the beast." First the said mark is restricted to the forehead or the hands only Rev 13:16, but it is also a figurative mark by reference back to the Old Testament. For the Rev mark is the antithesis of the figurative mark that the Israelites received "to the forehead or the right hand" after they had come out of Egypt, which was the perpetual observance of the Passover and the law of God (Ex 13:9).
This makes me suppose that the mark of the beast lies in pagan observances and doing things that atheists do. It is termed a "mark" by God, as God sees the spiritual mark. Contrariwise the mark of the Christian is to "stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel" Phl 1:27.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back in the Biblical times, they had no concept of electronics. All they knew was that the mark was something on or in (depending on Bible translation) the right hand and/or forehead and without it, you could not buy or sell anything. How could you pull that off during Christ's time? If it were a tattoo, you could still be able to make backdoor deals and bypass the system. However, with a microchip implant making electronic payments, the government would be able to know every little thing you purchased and from whom. A lot of crime would be reduced because drug dealers, money launderers, and black marketers would easily get caught.

Some say it could be microchip implants, others say it's an electronic tattoo. Maybe it could be both. Right now it appears microchip implants are the strongest candidate.

Well, since the book of Revelation is so cryptic, we're all going to have a different view on this stuff, bro. My view takes another hermeneutical angle, one which I've introduced elsewhere here on CF. But no matter, it's going to be whatever it's going to be, right? So, I think as long as you and me both are watching out for it, we're good. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eik

Dec 29, 2019
Hampshire
✟9,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeeeeahh ... atheist do nothing qua atheism. They just do things all humans do except engage in religious practice.
You are looking at the matter from the practices of the antinomian (i.e. lawless) church, which is identified as not the true church of God (Rev. 2:9, Rev 3:9) but which is very prevalent in the occident today.
Such a godless church (whether it professes belief on not) will do the things that atheists do. They will engage in contempt for biblical law and biblical morality as interpreted by Christ (cf. Jude). Yet Christians, at the least the obedient kind, will not do the things that atheists do. They will not engage in any of the practices listed in 1 Cor 6:8-10, Rev 21:8, 1 Cor 5:11, 2 Thess 3:14 etc.
They will not engage in forms of blasphemy, e.g. such as in approving of "gay marriage" which is an open usurpation of God's authority as the only one who is able to articulate spiritually beneficial and lawful marriage.
So the way I see it, is that the mark of the beast identifier is an acknowledgement that mere labels, whether generic, such as "Christian," or whether specifically denominational, are not a sure bet for determining salvation. What is, is to find out what a person actually does, and not just what he claims to believe in or be affiliated with. As Christ said, on the last day, one will be selected, and another not, even though outwardly they may appear very similar.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed for review. This is not the forum for Eschatology questions.

Edit - moving the thread to Eschatology after a clean up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is more to consider. It is the mark of his (the beast's) name.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

At one point social security was being warned about as being "the mark of the beast", and then people calmed down, and nobody flips out over it.

There are perhaps legitimate concerns about things like facial recognition technology and the use of RFID chips in terms of risks against personal privacy--but no, none of this is in anyway related to "the mark of the beast" as mentioned in the Revelation of St. John.

For one, there were no microchips in the 1st century when the Revelation was written.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Unless they start requiring you to burn incense to the image of Mark Zuckerberg to get one then no. It isn't.

I literally LOL’d at this! ^_^

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0