Is it strange to be over the hill and still be single?

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He was sure but never explained why. I don't care to know why because i don't want any excuses to bring that back:)
Likely because it's done for 'relief' which is living in the flesh?
and not in the spirit?
deny one and strengthen the other

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That’s good you rather be married. I pray and hope that you be married then. :)
Lol, your nice but I'm at the end of my life. I had my chance. Live and learn but it must be with God
I like being single.

I reached the top of the hill. I am now over it and sliding out of control going down the other side! :confused:
You're lucky your a dog. You don't have to make that choice,:)

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Lol, your nice but I'm at the end of my life. I had my chance. Live and learn but it must be with God

You're lucky your a dog. You don't have to make that choice,:)

Well, i am more than just a dog! Woof!

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is strange for me a bit. I mean I don't ruminate over it but I see my friends now having grandkids when I never even had kids. I feel like I missed out on a very fulfilling life of raising kids. Then I think, maybe I was never ready to have children being immature and not having a stable career. Not to mention I could never get my fiancee' to commit to a date. When she died, I still could never even look at another woman. I feel like I missed out.

At the same time, I only have myself to worry about (and my elderly mother). So I ended up seeing it as since I am the youngest of 6, it's my job to take care of my mom for the rest of her life. Maybe I could have still fit in a wife but in my experience, wives and mother-in-laws bump heads too much.
You might have done a child a favor. I was a terrible mother and should never had children.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, my friend made it work, and it took the course of a year and several visits to Morocco to court her. People were wondering WHO was taking the photos of him at the sites and it was her. She was never in the photos...at least during the dating period. I suppose a year was long enough, I would agree.

Then one day he addressed the questions about that, and said he announced his engagement to her. Not only that, he had a video montage posted of him out with her, and the big day where he got on one knee...in front of her family and proposed. "She said yes!" it said in the video. He even got permission from the parents.

Now it's a matter of time of paperwork, and getting her moved to this country. (Fiance' visa)

He's in his mid-40s, never married, no kids...and he mentioned how he decided to really take this dating to marriage thing in more earnest than ever. I thought it was true, he's not getting any younger.
When i hear this it gives me the creeps.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not in the way you think. I'm a simple girl at heart. :)

When a man is genuinely interested he takes pains to convey how your life will be bettered by him. He sees how he can make a difference. It isn't about sating his loneliness or catching a prize. He's willing to invest.

I need a mature suitor. He needn't be mature in years. But he has to be ready. He can't live in his head. Considering me means 'considering me' not the idea of me. I've heard my share of rhapsodies. But you can't build a future on that.
Cormack? What happened to him anyway?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'll answer the question when I am actually over the hill. But I'm nowhere near there yet.
What age is. Over the hill?

I figured "over the hill" meant "mid-thirties and up", keeping in line with the Mature Singles subforum. More tongue-in-cheek than anything. Otherwise, I don't consider myself to be over the hill either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes it sucks. I’m in my late 40s and never been married. It’s very hard to date. Men don’t understand why I never married and are hesitant to get into a relationship with me because my last one was so long along. It’s impossible to meet a man who will wait until marriage for sex. Even when they say they will, they constantly try to wear me down and it’s annoying. I wish I could have met him in my 20s. Everyone I know is married. I just can’t seem to get interested in any man I date and I have turned away a few good ones but I wasn’t feeling it. Sometimes I get really irritated with some of them. Who wants to marry a 40 year lady who can’t have kids? I’m afraid that when my parents pass away and I get old I will have no one!

• Prayers
Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Who wants to marry a 40 year lady who can’t have kids?
I do. I used to be on the fence about kids, but now it's a no for me. Which poses a bit of a problem because that makes late 30s/early 40s not a good age to be looking at.

My experience with dating apps has been that the vast majority of women that age on them who don't already have kids are looking to start a family before they run out of time. It's been tough to find someone who doesn't have kids and doesn't want them (and doesn't smoke, but that's another matter).

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of you that are interested, adoption is out there and now it's possible if your single
That’s actually not the problem. I’m okay with no kids. It’s just the men out there who want them can go for younger women who are prettier and can have them. It’s unfair because men seem to have all the time in the world and women have an expiration date.

Upvote 0