• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is it right.....

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by will_wait4Him, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will_wait4Him

will_wait4Him Well-Known Member

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    ......for a Christian to marry or have a relationship with a nonChristian? :scratch: :confused:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mo5quito

mo5quito http://reveling.tripod.com

+0
    I would say yes... not that I'm married or anything but just based on my beliefs. Personally, I really hope God's plan for me includes another believer because I want to revel in Him with the person I love the most. I don't want my faith to be something that hurts the other person and it's such a huge part of me (all of me) that I know that it would have some major effects on the woman I am to marry. There is a book I saw the other day written by a woman who married a non-believer and how they made it work. I can't remember the name, just saw it in the Family Christian Store the other day. Just my $.02

3. Dewjunkie

Dewjunkie Well-Known Member

+4
    Christian
    Having been in relationships with non-Christians in the past, I can say that it is ill-advised to be intimately close to a non-believer. It is too easy to let your faith and beliefs slip in order to please the other, and if you start making slight exceptions in the beginning, then it just snowballs. Unfortunately, I speak from experience. I know that it doesn't have to be that way, there are exceptions to every situation. But, I personally think that it is better to not be, a non-believer doesn't have the same focus as you, and sooner or later could become a strain on your relationship with God.

4. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,462
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    On the other hand, maybe the non-believer is the one whose faith will be shaken. God made the atheists too, and they are worthy of love.

5. Dewjunkie

Dewjunkie Well-Known Member

+4
    Christian
    I agree, of course they are worthy of love. My point is that a believer entering into a close relationship with a non-believer is dangerous. It is up to the believer to ask God for strength and patience to be a constant good influence on the non-believer. I guess it would be a matter of prayer and what God tells the person is right. I, for one, and extremely glad that my wife is a Christian, it takes away many of the minor problems that other couples get hung up on.

6. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    We are not to be unequally yoked.

7. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    Amen Mandy!!

Anyone wondering what God's will is in the matter should read 2 Corinthians 6:14-17.

While prayer and asking for God's guidance is important...He will not guide you against His Word. If you get a "feeling" that you should do something that is against God's Word then that "feeling" is not from God, but Satan, the great deceiver.

8. StogusMaximus

StogusMaximus Well-Known Member

+6
    Protestant
    Will the non-Christian partner support you and help you grow in your relationship with Christ?

9. will_wait4Him

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Oh, I don't have a partner at the moment, but I know a non-believer that likes me and I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to go out with her.

10. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    I was once a non-Christian married to a catholic Christian, and I made his life miserable.

I recommend against it.

11. Fessie

Fessie New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm with Mandy on this one..the Bible clearly states not to be unequally yoked with nonbelievers! What more proof do you need?

12. will_wait4Him

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I have enough proof, but it's just hard. Handling the peer pressure and the temptation to start a relationship.

13. Fessie

Fessie New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Well, I'm glad to see you realize God's plan for dating. I pray that you withstand the peer pressure and temptation. Be careful. :wave:

14. will_wait4Him

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican

15. Fessie

Fessie New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican