Is it possible to see jesus face to face?

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering if it is possible to see Jesus? I read many testimonies where many said they saw Jesus face to face

I'm not sure if they are right or wrong..They must be right because there couldn't be any need to say I saw Jesus

What should I do to see Jesus today? I have been praying since a month and asking God to appear to me but it never happened. At least I can't see Him in my dream other than once. He appeared to me in early morning in dream and said do whatever I commanded.

I didn't understand what He said. He just said and disappeared.. I didn't dream Jesus after that

What should I do to see Jesus face to face? Am I crazy to ask this question

Pls help

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gabriel Anton

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not crazy at all. Definitely keep asking in prayer, but also keep moving forward with other things (e.g., Bible study, other prayer, obedience). Jesus will eventually answer that prayer somehow. God often answers our prayers in unexpected ways. For a while, he may use your prayers to see him to prepare you to see him.

When you think God has communicated something to you and you want to understand it, ask him about it in prayer and keep praying about it.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do what He said to do in your dream: Listen to Him. Your priority should not be seeing Jesus, but knowing Jesus and believing the good news that He paid the price for any and all who draw near to Him in faith. You list your faith as Hindu, which is not what Jesus taught and commanded.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 3:16-21

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do what He said to do in your dream: Listen to Him. Your priority should not be seeing Jesus, but knowing Jesus and believing the good news that He paid the price for any and all who draw near to Him in faith. You list your faith as Hindu, which is not what Jesus taught and commanded.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 3:16-21

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."
Technically I'm Hindu but I stopped visiting temples.I stopped praying to other gods other than Jesus. But I'm not yet baptized, hence I listed like that.

I read old testament and finished reading 4 chapters from old testament by today. I'm spending most of my free time by praying God, watching God videos like testimonies and others, singing /listening to God songs and reading bible

I believe that Jesus is my savior with my whole heart, mind and soul. No doubt in that

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that Jesus is my savior with my whole heart, mind and soul. No doubt in that
If this is true then you are a Christian and are therefore a child of the Most High God! Rejoice!

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to watch so much inappropriate content before and now I have completely stopped watching inappropriate content. I stopped looking at girls with lust. I'm in the process of purifying my heart and I achieved so much last few months since I accepted Jesus as my Lord

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I still smoke and consume vodka once in a week. Is that preventing me from receiving God's blessings

Well, the scriptures command us to not be drunkards and to care for our bodies, but smoking and drinking alcohol are not really sins in and of themselves. However, if the Spirit is leading you to give them up then you should.

Also know that as a Christian, in Christ you have all of God's blessings already. The only thing that might happen if you sin is God's discipline as a loving father, and that can be tough.

I want to suggest that you edit your faith to Christian and not Hindu, as you have already said your faith is in Jesus and not Vishnu or Krishna and the like. I'm very glad that you are reading the scriptures and trying to find God's will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the scriptures command us to not be drunkards and to care for our bodies, but smoking and drinking alcohol are not really sins in and of themselves. However, if the Spirit is leading you to give them up then you should.

Also know that as a Christian, in Christ you have all of God's blessings already. The only thing that might happen if you sin is God's discipline as a loving father, and that can be tough.

I want to suggest that you edit your faith to Christian and not Hindu, as you have already said your faith is in Jesus and not Vishnu or Krishna and the like. I'm very glad that you are reading the scriptures and trying to find God's will.
I couldn't find any option to change faith in my mobile from Tapatalk app. I tried that already

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I couldn't find any option to change faith in my mobile from Tapatalk app. I tried that already

Yeah, idk if you can from the app, but you can from safari or any other internet browser.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tried but couldn't login to forum with Tapatalk account

Well you have a Tapatalk account and you should also have a Christianforums account. If not then you may need to make one.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you have a Tapatalk account and you should also have a Christianforums account. If not then you may need to make one.
Sure I will create a one tomorrow, thanks for ur help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I should have included this verse in my first post:

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” (John 14:21, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

kmrichard7

May 20, 2015
✟10,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My dad claims to have seen Jesus in person more than once.
Once was before I was born. He said he woke up and saw Jesus standing at the foot of his bed. He threw himself at Jesus' feet saying "I'm not worthy to look at you!"
I'm not certain but I believe that was during a time where my parents were using acid frequently so I would take that with a grain of salt.
My dad also said that he saw Jesus on a horse in the clouds one summer day in the 90s. He wasn't on drugs at that time but he was an alcoholic and he does have serious mental health issues. We are unsure if they come from his meth use after this time or if he was born this way. Either way...
One and only thing that makes me believe that he may have seen Jesus at his bed or at any point is his faith. He has read the Bible 18 times this YEAR alone. He's always been stuck in the Bible and stuck in prayer. He has put his entire life on the back burner for God. He is an addict but no matter when you catch him the only thing he thinks or talks about is God. He prays non stop and is in constant communication with God.

People say because he is an addict he is unreliable and his "visions" were merely hallucinations. Could be but we do have to remember all sins are equal in Gods eyes and just because he is an addict does not mean God does not see his love for Him or his commitment. I see the likelihood of him seeing Jesus about the same as anyone who devoted their lives to Christ. I don't think it's the drugs, I think it's his commitment to God. Simply put, God is his life, as the Bible commands so he does in every waking moment.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I should have included this verse in my first post:

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” (John 14:21, 1984 NIV)
This is what Jesus said in my dream.. but I'm not sure which command I'm not following

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't find any option to change faith.. can u pls help

Upvote 0