Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
After Jesus not possible, however, we are made free from sin.
So even after we accept the new covenant, are baptized by water and dedicate our lives to the spreading of the gospel, we cannot stop sinning? I feel like I have a lack of faith if I believe that but I also know that I, myself have NOT been able to live a sin free life even after accepting God into my life, being baptized, and having that baptism confirmed.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think 1 John 2 addresses some issue:
1 John 2:1-2 KJV
1. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

First, John suggests that it must be possible not to sin by stating so.
Then he states if they do sin, then they have an advocate in Jesus.

These statements would be meaningless unless these two things were not true:
There is the potential to NOT sin.
It exists as a potential, not a law that exists in our whole man.

Later John expands and states:
1 John 3:9 KJV
9. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Here he clarifies that the part of us that cannot sin is the part of us that is born of God... that is our spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 3:9 KJV
9. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This would answer @tonychanyt question.

Is it possible not to sin anymore?​

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres a few other verse on sinning also if they would be helpful.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength,
in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,
much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 6:5-6 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Our old man is crucified with him that the body of sin might be destroyed

Gal 2:17-18 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners,
is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Hebews 10:26-27 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

1 Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

1 Cr 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

He that has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin

1 Peter 4:1-2 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind:
for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh
to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Hebrews 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not (in the past) sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned (at some time), and come short of the glory of God

The general rule is that ye sin not (which indicates you can obey that)

1 John 2:1-3 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins:
and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 3:5-6 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:
whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself,
and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,
but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. (1 Ti 6:3 the doctrine which is according to godliness)

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness (in the past) and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so *now* yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Roman 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

As Jesus said,

John 8:34-36 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

In the same accord Paul writes,

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was
delivered you
. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

And here

Paul is not describing his present state (since Paul is spiritual) but talking to them in their present state (as carnal)

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

You can read in between, its this here, theres a separation from the person to the sin (the person is servant to)

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

And so if not describing his (Paul's) present state (spiritual) but talking to them in/according to their present state (as unto carnal)

The same as with the Corinthians

1 Cr 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

Babes then, (as carnal/in the flesh/under the law/strength of sin) are as those in the "for that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I." Even as babes in Christ would exercise themselves unto full age in the grace of God.

Whereas Jesus meat was to do the will of him that sent him and finish the work. It says,

Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age,
even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Full age means perfect, brought to its end, mature etc babes are not, happy enough that Romans 7:17 says, it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwelleth in me.

Paul's encouragement, is that sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. The effectual working of his power comes by the grace of God. Its effect is that sin shall not have dominion over us. Thats great news. We are being born again from one place to another.

And Johns encouragement to his little children saying

1 John 1:8-9 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.(even as all unrighteousness is sin)

And here

1 John 2:1-3 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins:
and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Not sinning anymore, sinlessness is holiness. We all must become sinless to stand in Paradise. The two men in white are sinless, and holy, they stand unafraid and they are not sinful before the Beast that comes up from the bottomless pit. He cannot make them sin, even if they must die. They rise, later they will be glorified and we also will be.

That is the magic of the power of Satan, sum total, overcome in the cross and resurrection. Imparted to us, gradually received, in this life and the next, we have freedom, and knowledge, and no threat, love, reverence, the powers of the blood of Christ and the resurrection... and we will not sin ever again.

Upvote 0