Is it possible for gay preachers & gospel singers to "flow" in the anointing ?

J.A.I

. Galatians 6:10 .
Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
I was just doing some reading on another site and came across this and wanted to share....

Is it possible for homosexual preachers and gospel singers to "flow" in the anointing?

It is possible to be anointed and yet commit sinful acts. First, let us establish what the "anointing" is and its purpose The anointing is defined as the "special choosing and equipping of a person by God for a special purpose."

If we accept that definition as scripturally valid, then we must also understand that such anointing will "work" regardless of the individual's spiritual health. This anointing never assures that the individual will have the qualative relationship with God that signals divine approval on their lives. In other words, gifts and callings come without repentance. It is possible that the recipient of the equipping will not use it for the glory of God. But because of the GIVER'S grace, the gift works out of honor to its master.

Let us take for example Samson. Though at birth Samson was specially chosen, gifted and equipped by God, he nevertheless used his anointing of strength foolishly and for his own carnal pleasures. He was outside of the will of God. Even so God did not revoke his birthright gifts and the anointing of that gifting. Of Samson, it was said that the anointing was "upon" him, but not in him! Musicians, singers and preachers (orators) who possess special callings and anointings from God may well be able to perform in that special calling (healing, singing, casting out devils, preaching, etc) yet live completely outside of God's will. Reference the fate of such people in Matthew 7:21-23:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Another result of the anointing is its ability to "destroy" things which are not like God. Is 10:27. This is where the line of separation is drawn between those who are simulating an anointing or operating in inquity (hidden sins) from those who are submitted to God's will. Religious homosexuals love to cite the "moving of the Spirit" in their services as proof that God approves of their homosexuality. But they mistakenly assume that the presence of the Spirit of God automatically transfers divine sanction. It might well be that the Spirit has come to convict their hearts. But when one is living in deception, they reject and override the Spirit's conviction.

Others who do not declare (are openly gay) their homosexuality may travel about preaching and evangelizing with results, but sadly in the end they will meet an eternally tragic fate. They will be lost and their works destroyed. Those words' "I never knew you" is the antithesis of "Well done good and faithful servant." The ONLY thing bearing importance with God is RELATIONSHIP with Him. All those who practice sin are excluded from relationship until adn unless they repent and submit to the Lord Jesus Christ.

--

Taken from:
http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/faq5.html

The rest of the FAQ:
http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/FAQs.html
(Very good and interesting)

ChrisB

Jan 28, 2004
✟16,919.00
Faith
Protestant
I am not sure that I wholly agree with the last sentence in that passage. If anyone can honestly say that they no longer sin then I'd very much like to meet them! Granted there is a significant difference between justifying sin and recognising that you have sinned and striving to do something about it, so perhaps I'm being too harsh on the writer but it just jarred with me somewhat.

Upvote 0

J.A.I

Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
ChrisB - The last sentence, as in:
All those who practice sin are excluded from relationship until adn unless they repent and submit to the Lord Jesus Christ.

If that's what you mean... he said practice sin, and I understood that as people who willingly sin w/o repentance, as in a gay relationship.

--

Kitty - Yea they do sound familiar, but those are reader submitted questions. Those are good answers though.

Upvote 0

ChrisB

Jan 28, 2004
✟16,919.00
Faith
Protestant
J.A.I said:
ChrisB - The last sentence, as in:

If that's what you mean... he said practice sin, and I understood that as people who willingly sin w/o repentance, as in a gay relationship.

J.A.I - That's fair enough, I'd go along with that. The way he wrote it though sounded to me like he was saying "real Christians never sin" which is a dangerous proposition.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
J.A.I said:
Others who do not declare (are openly gay) their homosexuality may travel about preaching and evangelizing with results, but sadly in the end they will meet an eternally tragic fate. They will be lost and their works destroyed. Those words' "I never knew you" is the antithesis of "Well done good and faithful servant." The ONLY thing bearing importance with God is RELATIONSHIP with Him. All those who practice sin are excluded from relationship until adn unless they repent and submit to the Lord Jesus Christ.
So, if they led, say 100 people to Christ, those 100 souls saved will be counted as straw and burned? Does that mean the 100 people will also be lost since the one who led them to Christ never managed to overcome his homosexuality? I thought Matt 10:42 said "he would in no wise lose his reward."

I am by no means condoning homosexuality, I'm just trying to better understand what you are saying.

Upvote 0

J.A.I

Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't say that. That was taken from a FAQ. I am not seeing how you got what you said from what he said.

But since we're on Matthew 10... :)

Matthew 10:32-42 MKJV
32 Then everyone who shall confess Me before men, I will confess him before My Father who is in Heaven.
33 But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in Heaven.
34 Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a man's foes shall be those of his own household.
37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 And he who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.
39 He who finds his life shall lose it. And he who loses his life for My sake shall find it.
40 He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.
41 He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward. And he who receives a just one in the name of a just one will receive a just one's reward.
42 And whoever shall give to one of these little ones a cup of cold water to drink, only in the name of a disciple, truly I say to you, He shall in no way lose his reward.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
J.A.I said:
I didn't say that. That was taken from a FAQ. I am not seeing how you got what you said from what he said.
Ahh, ok. Sorry, it's way past my bedtime but I'm still hanging. lol

I just took it that he was saying that no matter if the person has a successful ministry "with results" which I take to mean winning souls that the person would still be cast out at the end and his "works destroyed."

I took Matt 10:42 to mean generally that if someone labors for God they wouldn't lose their reward for the works done but I suppose He could have just been talking about the situation that was at hand at the time.

I hope that makes sense, the words are all starting to run together. Time for bed. :wave: God bless.

Upvote 0