Status
Not open for further replies.

29apples

Jul 4, 2008
MD
✟7,920.00
Faith
Christian
No it is not ok at all. Cheaters do not earn their degrees, and in the end it cheapens the field they work for.

How would you feel if you and cheater are from the same school and apply for the same job? The cheater has better grades (since they cheated up a storm) and gets hired over you. The employer realizes that the cheater is a no-nothing idiot and fires them. Do you think you would be the very next consideration for the job, with a lower GPA from the same school as the cheater?

This presents an opportunity for a "tragedy of the commons." You think, well if they cheat and get ahead then I should as well. It is about the same thing as the ocean fisheries being devistated, or global warming. One country is messing up the environment, so others mess it up as well to avoid being taken advantage of. The problem is that there is a finite amount of resources present. This is sort of analogous to cheating; if a school becomes infamous for producing cheating morons, then employers will no longer take degrees from those schools seriously.

The question is not "is cheating advantageous," because it is assuming no one else in the group cheats. Being advantageous does not make something morally right.

EDIT: should have read the thread. Cheating = gay marriage??? Wow that is something...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OdwinOddball

Atheist Water Fowl
Jan 3, 2006
Birmingham, AL
✟22,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There was no god involved in my marriage and we will not be having any children together. So how exactly does gay marriage cheapen my marriage? How does two men or two women getting married have anything at all to do with me binding myself to my wife?

Tradition is not a valid reason. Traditions are only valuable and worth protecting if they continue to be relevant to modern life. This is why the ancient tradition of slavery has been tossed aside,and why the tradition of women as property and/or second class citizens is a thing of the past.

I'm sorry, but if you want to cling to the ways of the past simply out of some need to "honor" tradition, you can do it on your own. The rest of us will continue to move forward.

And please explain how any of this has anything to do with the OP. Cheating on tests is fraud. It allows someone who has not obtained the required knowledge to appear as if they do. Gay marriage is not even in the same ball park, hell its not even in the same sport.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ahhhhh, then marriage is not just about picking someone who will be a good parent to possible future children. It is also about loving the person. I am willing to bet there are other things too right? Didn't want to bring any of those up tho, since gay couples can also share those qualities...

One can love all sorts of people, but a gentleman only should have sex with his wife (a lady). Yes, you are right there are all sorts of qualities. BUT the reality is that there are both other men and other women who possess such qualities. There is not just one perfect choice; however, it is about choices and not about must do's because of some biological programmed absolute. That is totally preposterous.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if you did know? There are people who know they are sterile before they even attempt to have children.

I would not look for a sterile person to marry, any more then I'd look for a man to marry.

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

and the original post is simply a bad analogy.

If someone earns a degree they got through cheating on every test and hiring people to write papers for them while they ran around partying with hookers, then puts the degree on the resume, that's really equivalent to fraud in my mind. They're telling their employer they have a qualification that they don't have.

The reason cheating on tests is wrong is because it's fraudulent. This has nothing to do with homosexuality because homosexuals who want to marry are not defrauding anyone, they're perfectly honest about what they want to do: get married.

Upvote 0

Archer93

Nov 20, 2007
✟17,101.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I would not look for a sterile person to marry, any more then I'd look for a man to marry.

Not set out to find someone sterile, no, but you might not find out until you're in love and wanting to get married.
Could make for an interesting 'getting-to-know-you' first date-
"Where did you grow up? What are your hobbies? Are you, to the best of your knowledge, able to have children?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would you support the right of a sterile person to marry?

The laws at present makes no distinction between sterile and unsterile persons as such. That is as it always has been throughout all history. I see know reason to make marriage more complicated just in order to appease a group that would not be happy regardless and were never afforded marrige rights previously.

It would seem that the reason many get married today results from the lady being pregnant already anyway. One might imagine that the rest just sleep together for whatever reason, and get married when they feel like it.

The reality is that most people who do not engage in premarital sex do not risk getting various serious diseases which are a primary cause of serility in the first place. And frankly, I see no reason to allow men & women who have aquired such illnesses to get married anyway. Perhaps such a ruling would cause people get married first and not play the field.

Also, if people would stop taking the pill, another possible risk of sterility would be eliminited.

Again, we know that it is cheating to imagine that two men together or two women together (steril or not) could have babies together... This is an absolute case where one and one cannot produce three. The marriage of such has no benefit for the marriage tradition. And there would be no additional stablization to the production, nuture, and education of children at large.

ANY seeming benefit would be entirely towards such a "couple" that was afforded marriage as the same sex. The primary benefit would be the social blessing extended to such a relationship; providing the impression that such acts are "normal," "acceptable," "encourgable" and "desirable."

None of which are true except to those believing they need such "fulfillment."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The laws at present makes no distinction between sterile and unsterile persons and such. That is as it always has been throughout all history. I see know reason to make marriage more complicated. It would seem that the reason many get married today results from the lady being pregnant already anyway. One might imagine that the rest just sleep together for whatever reason, and get married when they feel like it.

The reality is that most people who do not engage in premarital sex do not risk getting various serious diseases which are a primary cause of serility in the first place. And frankly, I see no reason to allow men & women who have aquired such illnesses to get married anyway. Perhaps such a ruling would cause people get married first and not play the field.

Also, if people would stop taking the pill, another possible risk of sterility would be eliminited.

Again, we know that it is cheating to imagine that two men together or two women together (steril or not) could have babies together... This is an absolute case where one and one cannot produce three.
Are you kidding me?

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow on so many levels to so many aspects of this post...

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you kidding me?

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow on so many levels to so many aspects of this post...

Well, all anyone need do is visit the inner cities, where there seems an epidemic of unmarried women with children, who don't even know who the fathers are.

Of course, I firmly believe that there are many couples who do not have sex until after they marry, just as there are also many adults who do not have tatoos...

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, all anyone need do is visit the inner cities, where there seems an epidemic of unmarried women with children, who don't even know who the fathers are.

Of course, I firmly believe that there are many couples who do not have sex until after they marry, just as there are also many adults who do not have tatoos...
I don't even understand your reply to my post or why you posted anything you just posted. Your stances on people who have STDs not being able to get married is just completely ludicrous and your comparison between cheating and gay marriage is equally asinine...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
If the person being copied from and the person doing the copying are happy with that setup, is cheating on a test OK? Is anyone really hurt?
If no one else is hurt does that make it okay? Are teachers just bigotted
against those who cheat and are those teachers being unfair and unrealistic?

Cheating maybe proof of inborn survival traits. Perhaps any punishment against cheating is based on old fashion "religious" bias that has no place in our "modern society."

What are your feelings? Do you feel churches will eventually be won over by such notions?

I don't trust anyone else enough to even consider cheating. I make my own A's, mostly because 3/4's of those around me can't do the same.

When I don't know, I will guess, which is comparable to cheating (if you get it right, then it seems as if you knew something you did not).

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I live in the "inner city" I suspect that the facts on paper regarding who does and doesn't know the paternity of their children and reality are very different things, and being married may insure legal paternity but you know it's always Mommy's baby, daddy's maybe...

Same sex marriage can't be to blame for the number of people who don't view marriage as essential for starting a family... unless of course you consider that same sex couples when denied access to legal marriage still opt to form families and be responsible for each other demonstrating that one doesn't need marriage license to make a family, only one to get the legal rights that should go with it.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't even understand your reply to my post or why you posted anything you just posted. Your stances on people who have STDs not being able to get married is just completely ludicrous and your comparison between cheating and gay marriage is equally asinine...

I feel strongly that "ludicrous" to you may mean anything you take acception with. I cannot even imagine that the person with an STD wants it, anymore that anyone else would wish to be on the receiving end of one.

This all started with the lame notion that because I know homosexuals should not be allowed to be joined in Holy matimony, that somehow sterile people shouldn't be allowed either.

But any realization that STD's do and have caused sterility (as well as being a likely cause of various cancers) seems to be far too much for a the promiscuous and promiscuous want-to-be's to comprehend or even acknowledge.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I live in the "inner city" I suspect that the facts on paper regarding who does and doesn't know the paternity of their children and reality are very different things, and being married may insure legal paternity but you know it's always Mommy's baby, daddy's maybe...

Same sex marriage can't be to blame for the number of people who don't view marriage as essential for starting a family... unless of course you consider that same sex couples when denied access to legal marriage still opt to form families and be responsible for each other demonstrating that one doesn't need marriage license to make a family, only one to get the legal rights that should go with it.

HOWEVER, same sex marrige IS another arrow to the heart of Holy Matrimony. They are responsible where it suits their values it might be said.

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I feel strongly that "ludicrous" to you may mean anything you take acception with. I cannot even imagine that the person with an STD wants it, anymore that anyone else would wish to be on the receiving end of one.

This all started with the lame notion that because I know homosexuals should not be allowed to be joined in Holy matimony, that somehow sterile people shouldn't be allowed either.

But any realization that STD's do and have caused sterility (as well as being a likely cause of various cancers) seems to be far too much for a the promiscuous and promiscuous want-to-be's to comprehend or even acknowledge.
Okay, so because you think that a person with an STD doesn't want the STD and no one would want to be on the receiving end of one (which I would imagine to be true) means that anyone with an STD should not be allowed to get married? Do you realize that not all STDs are forever? So should they just be prohibited from getting married while they have the STD or should it be forever? How does that stance even make ANY sense?

And just because you have an STD does not mean you are a promiscuous person. It's very plausible that a wife that had never had sex until she married her husband could get an STD because her husband cheated on her...

Actually, if we want to prevent all STDs and all unplanned pregnancies, then we should praise and worship lesbians since they have the lowest rate of all of the above.

People often argue that homosexuals should not be able to get married because they can't have children together, which often brings up the rebuttal that what about people who are sterile, do not want children, etc. That rebuttal is brought up because the idea that homosexual couples should not be allowed to get married merely due to inability to have children because it is an asinine stance considering many heterosexual couples cannot and do not want to have kids.

The fact is, there is no logical stance against gay marriage so people continue to reach for different reasons when one gets shot down or claim exceptions for certain ideas.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.