Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right" is appropriate here.

I know what you mean aboout the cost of software, but that doesn't give anyone the right to acquire it for free other than if it has been purchased for you as a gift.

Another youth-phrase also comes to mind - "what would Jesus do?" I rather think that he would leave it alone......

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Martin i totally agree... if it's one thing i see in my Lord it's a definite abhorance for *grey areas* (neither hot nor cold etc...) so i figure as Christians (with morals ;) ) we should give to caesar what is caesars... regardless of how "insane " the fee.
from a business standpoint, the whole copyright issue is fuelled by misunderstanding and misrepresentation... the hard costs, like the actual cd and the box are heavily outweighed by the cost of programmers, designers, idea merchants and everyone else who derives an income and wage from the whole process, right down to the local reatailer who is putting food on his families plates, and might even be a part of your economic sphere too :D on a purely economic macro view... it hurts!!! besides, if it's alright to steal here... why not something tangible like... misreporting your taxes :( or worse!
whoa, i just re-read my post and i must say i don't mean to sound like an arrogant looney... no offense intended kay! :)

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey VM,
we ALL face different temptations in our walk... and i can see where your coming from regarding software (i've had this talk with other friends Christian and not)...
i will pray that you see the wisdom and significance in staying pure, even regarding software... and i will continue to pray for you VM...
take care,

Upvote 0