NY State
✟17,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if I were to remove my icon is that then less offensive to more people? I am so very uncomfortable with disputes and debates that I never really know where I can say much of anything in the forum. I learn so much here and read a lot. Sometimes the arguing feels awkward but truly it is not mine to comment on. I am blessed to be here all the same.
shalom,
mat

This may sounds weird, but I think that fighting is part of family love.......at least on the earthly side. I heard a pastor of a small church say once, when his congregation had been passing through a season of a lot of heated fighting and were getting past it, "Once we get past all this stuff, we find out that we really do love each other."

I think there is encouragement in this. I've found it to be true in my own life, that the love that the Holy Spirit has placed in us, even when there are many hurts & offenses along the way, eventually gains the upper hand.

There are a lot of offenses that happen between believers, because we all still have the "hurtful ways" that David spoke of in the Psalms. And God's delightful cure for this is to let us sand each other off. So much fun. :sorry:

Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
This topic has nothing to do with theology- but since you brought that up....I'll take your bait..

...do you not think it is rather weird for you to say a Jew who has found the Messiah knows nothing about the "Messianic faith"- I *am living* the Messianic faith as I understand it. I've paid for it in ways you can only read about.

I'm yet to be convinced there is a consensus among the posters here as to exactly what the Messianic faith is. I hope and wish for the day though. Aren't you being rather presumptive here?

Should a person be silenced and shunned because you don't feel they agree with you? (even though you've never even asked them about their faith?)

The other Messianic Jews told me this kind of comment was going to happen. Now, I know they were right. I should have been better prepared.
Your walk has not lead you out of anglican theology as of yet. And while you heart may be towards Messianic Judiasm, you still express many an anglican view point. It is important to those coming to this corner of the forum to understand where you are coming from, and earn your paycheck from.

If we are to treat you with more respect, we need to understand where you are coming from and know that it isn't Messianic at heart yet.

When you insult us, you do not know why we take it the way we do, but then you are not yet in our shoes who have walked away from things such as church father traditions and such.

From your lofty priesthood position, you have expected apologies for insulting us, expect us to grovel at your feet because you are the learned one and we are not worthy of your wisdom.

Well, excuse me, we do not see it that way. We see the anglican view posted in MJ forum like it is gospel and it is not. We see someone who has yet to experience the movement within MJ towards Yeshua in the correct setting.

Thus it is very important that new poster understand that as an anglican priest, you have a sworn duty to defend and uphold the anglican faith, even though you have Jewish blood running through your veins.

Most of your posts are not edifying, most often they are full of slander and insults to the MJ poster. Those posts that are edifying are treated with the respect they deserve. It would do a world of good for our forum if you would allow us to explore all knowledge in light of Yeshua without snide comments from you. If you have something to say about the subject at hand, please refrain from insulting the poster as if they are stupid.

Upvote 0

Charles YTK

Nov 26, 2002
Florida
✟3,839.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think there has always been more than one issue that divided these people. The Trinitarian and non-trinitarian dispute is an example. And no matter what we decide God is not obligated to become anything we think he is. But there was no room made for allowing God to be who he was. It was believe the creed or hit the street.

Then another issue which was a big one for me was the influence from the Admin (Henn and Zayit) here for a while that began insisting that the only true Messianic faith was one that was strictly Rabbinical in nature. Anyone who did not agree was banned, edited, or their posts deleted. At the very least you would suffer a beating and ridicule. And the interesting thing about this is that neither the Lord nor the Apostles were Rabbinical in their religious practice and are actually usually in opposition with the Rabbinates.

There were other such issues but they all came into a battle front when the owner insisted up strict rules as to who was a real Messianic and defined that by a Roman Catholic criteria and then the admin of the Forum sought to define the forum according to a very strong rabbinical yet trinitarian doctrine, which would be pretty much impossible in the real world wouldn't it?

I remain here only to uphold and protect the Gospel of Messiah, the living creator God who became flesh; his deity, his doctrine, the Apostolic community of believers that grew up anound them.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your walk has not lead you out of anglican theology as of yet. And while you heart may be towards Messianic Judiasm, you still express many an anglican view point. It is important to those coming to this corner of the forum to understand where you are coming from, and earn your paycheck from. As an anglican priest, it must be a terrible confict of interest going on in your heart over church traditions and messianic faith... and it spills over into your postings.

For some bizzare reason I cannot understand why you think church traditions are not "Messianic". Perhaps this could be debated in the debate sub-forum?

I'd relish the opportunity to compare 21st Century Christianity as you understand it and classical Christian Orthodoxy with 1st Century Judaism just to see who comes up looking the most like 1st Century Judaism.

When you insult us, you do not know why we take it the way we do, but then you are not yet in our shoes who have walked away from the garbage you spew as gospel like church father traditions and such.

Well, you have done far too much unrepentant insulting in my opinion. The blood libel thing was pretty low. I still don't know where that came from.

You might think my theology is "garbage", but at least I can back myself up, and have never stooped to the level of denigrating your character.

Am I blunt on the screen media? Perhaps, and with time perhaps I will ease up a bit, but I am passionate and when provoked I tend to have a low tolerance level.

Not only that, I've seen a lot of bullying go on behind the scenes here- and it makes my Jewish sense of justice boil.

From your lofty priesthood position, you have expected apologies for insulting us, expect us to grovel at your feet because you are the learned one and we are not worthy of your wisdom.

Sarcasm?

If you feel insulted, and it is a genuine insult, I have always said I will edit/apologise. This has always been my position on this matter. As yet, I think it has been pointed out twice since I've been online at this forum that I genuinely insulted someone, and both times I edited and apologised. I am not aware of any other legit complaints against me.

It's not easy being the pet hate of people with certian theologies and jealousies, and when that is coupled with being in a moderating position, it makes it easier to be the scapegoat. Still, I do not regret accepting this appointment. It's been worth it to help the genuine people in need.

Well, excuse me, we do not see it that way. We see the anglican view posted in MJ forum like it is gospel and it is not. We see someone who has yet to experience the movement within MJ towards Yeshua in the correct setting.

Oh, you mean YOUR way? Or the way of the MJs nearest me, whom I know already- and have little problem with?

By the way - you have asked the wrong questions-

a) Is "my" way actually the "Anglican way", or not? Often, no. I am often at odds with it.

b) Is "my" way the truth or not? If it is, then the label we give it is redundant. Likewise if it is wrong.

Thus it is very important that new poster understand that as an anglican priest, you have a sworn duty to defend and uphold the anglican faith, even though you have Jewish blood running through your veins.

Anglicanism is not the Hitler Youth. I'm allowed to speak my conscience. I do my best. I'm very critical of my Anglicanism too. There is much to work through.

Most of your posts are not edifying, most often they are full of slander and insults to the MJ poster. Those posts that are edifying are treated with the respect they deserve. It would do a world of good for our forum if you would allow us to explore all knowledge in light of Yeshua without snide comments from you. If you have something to say about the subject at hand, please refrain from insulting the poster as if they are stupid.

Ditto. Double ditto, actually.

(Not that I am agreeing that I have ever called a person stupid- you'd have to provide proof for that allegation.)

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remain here only to uphold and protect the Gospel of Messiah, the living creator God who became flesh; his deity, his doctrine, the Apostolic community of believers that grew up anound them.

..and that's why I love you!

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Contra... we would have to have a special thread just to open your eyes to what you have said and how it was taken.

But this is not the thread for that... besides you would have to unlock your posts so that we can gather all the posts you have made in order for such a thread to work.. but you would not be interested in seeing your posts in a different light.

So... dropping the Contra controversy... back to OP.

No, it is not always like this...

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Contra... we would have to have a special thread just to open your eyes to what you have said and how it was taken.

But this is not the thread for that... besides you would have to unlock your posts so that we can gather all the posts you have made in order for such a thread to work.. but you would not be interested in seeing your posts in a different light.

So... dropping the Contra controversy... back to OP.

I honestly don't know why you would want to do that- we could do that with a lot of posters and get the same results. I think you'd be surprised too. If I was behaving in like manner I could probably shock you with your own words too. But, you're not that much of a concern to me in that sense of things. I am not going to pretend to be your mentor, so I hope you don't presume to be mine either.

But then again, if you want to spend your life persecuting me then go ahead and enjoy yourself. You could be the founder of a new hobby sensation.

On the other hand, you might drop the "Contra controversy" and get on better things.

Upvote 0

Charles YTK

Nov 26, 2002
Florida
✟3,839.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Credit for first blood in this thread goes to Vis.

I had some trouble early on with Contra, but it was my own misunderstanding and not her fault. Sometimes we just don't know the background that applies the correct interpretation to a persons post. I have found her to be fair and objective in her moderation. Not all mods have this reputation. I would mention some names but I might get "Stoned " ;) for it.

Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Keep mindful that the forum is not essentially about teaching other religions other than the Christian one.

All are welcome, but don't be surprised if you bring up a controversial or provocative post and you get a less than friendly response.

Ooh, Contra, now you're getting provocative- I thought
MJ/MG do not consider themselves Christian?
;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Credit for first blood in this thread goes to Vis.

I had some trouble early on with Contra, but it was my own misunderstanding and not her fault. Sometimes we just don't know the background that applies the correct interpretation to a persons post. I have found her to be fair and objective in her moderation. Not all mods have this reputation. I would mention some names but I might get "Stoned " ;) for it.

I'm a he. :)

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ooh, Contra, now you're getting provocative- I thought
MJ/MG do not consider themselves Christian?
;)

Well, they must or they couldn't be in this section of the Forum, right?

Perhaps you ought to ask them again. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cheriann

Apr 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx. USA
✟7,960.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: great post Ivy!
There are a lot of offenses that happen between believers, because we all still have the "hurtful ways" that David spoke of in the Psalms. And God's delightful cure for this is to let us sand each other off. So much fun. :sorry:

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does this mean?

I think it means, if you define a christian as one that believes in Y-shua yes she is, if you define a christian as one that belives that the christian doctrines created by man are mandatory, like the Eucharist, then she is not.

Upvote 0