Is it alright to pray for God to fight for you?

AnonymosIB

May 15, 2017
London
✟15,237.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Before officially asking this question it is useful for you to know a bit why I am asking this question. My mother has been experiencing some spiritual attacks recently and knows who it is. Now, coming from the pentecostal sect of Christianity she believes that it's ok to pray for those fight you using witchcraft to die. This is normally in the form "My enemies must die - in the name of Jesus" or "Back to sender" and so on. I am against this purely by what I read about the life of Jesus Christ, what he preaches and most importantly ""Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."(Luke 23:34, NIV). However, when I say this to my mom she says I am too young to understand(16 years old), and if I knew how it felt to be spiritually tormented - I would not be talking like this. Now she is not the only person who says these things. There are churches with priests that agree with this.

Now my question is: am I too young have I just mistaken the teachings of Jesus?

• Prayers
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: While it is Biblical to pray and ask God to fight on one's behalf, we leave His "fighting for us", defending and protecting us, in HIS holy and capable hands. It is written that "the battle IS the Lord's". Therefore we MUST leave it in His hands, and of course pray for protection from Him.

David, the man God called the "apple of His eye" and a man "after His own heart" prayed this umpteen times, right in Psalms.

But we NEVER EVER pray to our God as if we are casting "curses" on someone. That is not of God. We are to ALWAYS pray, according to God's will, and not "ours". It is HIS will that is what matters, not "ours".

Pray for your mom, and anyone who is doing this. In the meantime i will be praying for you. Hang in there, brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You only pray for others the same things we would want for ourselves. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This is not just a moral law....it is spiritual....what you wish on others, will come back to you as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0