Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible does not mention masturbation anywhere. It's a gray area which means it is a matter of personal conscience. The verse about Onan is not referring to masturbation but to the withdrawal method of birth control.

Upvote 0

SoulFly51

Sep 19, 2004
✟9,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
gtsecc said:
Alright - I'm going to assume you aren't married. I do not believe the act of masturbation is sinful, however I believe the thoughts that accompany masturbation are sinful.

Check this out -

Matthew 5:27-30 "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away."

Jesus said that. Notice the parts of the body He mentions - your eye and your hand. Understand that Jesus understood this struggle, but do you believe Jesus ever gave in to the temptation to touch? Of course not. We know He never sinned.

If you are enjoying sexually explicit thoughts about a woman that is not your wife then I believe it is sinful. It is a completely natural act, but to live by the carnal and fleshly nature is to be no different from an animal. Live by the Spirit, not by the flesh!

Hope this helps and God Bless. :)

-Wes

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is a gray area and often those are the most dangerous. I encourage you to take the narrow path. Keep in mind

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

I think touching yourself, even done without lustful thoughts if you can manage that, still opens the door and establishes a stronghold. It becomes easier to have those thoughts when you find someone you are interested in and begin to try to justify it a nd in doing so dishonor that person. Take the safe road and abstain is my advice.

Reactions: SumSam
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Brother Charlie

I believe that the very act of masturbation is intrinsically wrong. What is an impure thought? It is thinking about having sex-for a male, spilling your seed- in a place where it isnt intended. The first thing thing that comes to mind is fornication, but nobody would argue that it is gravely immoral to fornicate with a beast. you cannot do the act without having an impure thought, if not one about a woman, then about your own body.

Upvote 0

xsynerinc

the Great Creator became my Savior
Jul 29, 2004
Indiana
✟334.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
gtsecc said:

i dont believe that its a personal thing that doesnt apply to everyone.

whats wrong for any is wrong for all who are members of the same body of believers.

God has made us holy, sanctified us spirit, soul and body.

to do anything with our bodies other than the purpose for which God intended is a form of abuse.
and its also an act of selfishness.

God intended for ones mate to give pleasure to the other.

so yes, i believe that the "m" is a sin.. in the same catagory as any action that is "fulfilling the lust of the flesh."

it also goes right along with "lusting after a woman in your heart."

we are admonished or is it commanded? to keep our bodies pure for they are the temples of the Holy Spirit.

i cant see fulfilling that lust and it not be against God.

Paul said, if you "burn" then get married. if for some reason you cant. then he advised self control-temperance.
dont watch or listen to things that have an element of such lust or be around those who think its okay.

get more in Gods word, and seek for purity of heart, soul and body.

want a good measuring stick of whether or not its wrong?

people who live totally in the world dont think that theres anything wrong with it.

id say that makes it wrong on so many levels.

Upvote 0

SoulFly51

Sep 19, 2004
✟9,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
brother daniel said:
Right on brother, theres no time for [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] when your working for God.

Wow I haven't laughed that hard at a post in a long time. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sarbee

Oct 16, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟15,280.00
Faith
Anglican
Iron Lion said:
so could one give himself pleasure and it would be ok if imoral thoughts didnt enter the mind?

it was just dun cause it felt good?
Yes I would say so... like (dont know whether youd get the same effect or not) if you didn't think of a person or anything for that matter... like thought about something random like a tree or something... then I don't see how it would be a sin.

I think, that if its helping you not sin with other people, and you arnt thinking about anyone then its ok.

Upvote 0

PastorSherm

Aug 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
brother daniel said:
Right on brother, theres no time for [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] when your working for God. Thank God he hasnt killed me. I repent for every selfish act. Jesus will keep us very busy following his orders.
well this appears to be a very popular topic on several of the boards here...and I was going to compliment the people here for not including some rather thought provoking puns in their posts...I was, that is;)

Upvote 0

PastorSherm

Aug 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me ask you some questions...ok Lets say THE PERSON YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT;) Is this person married? Does this person only think of their spouse? Is this something this person does everyday?

If this person;) has to ask the question, then maybe there is some question in his/hers mind. If they even have to ask the question...maybe they already know the answer.:preach:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.