Is Halloween or Harry Porter comes from Satan ?

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well said. Great post. My husband and I raised our children in the church and we raised them reading the Harry Potter books. And not one of our three oldest children has ever questioned their Christian faith or abandoned their faith because they read Harry Potter. Not one of our youngest children has ever doubted God or the Christian message because they read Harry Potter. All of our children read a variety of fictional books and nothing they have read has ever led them astray from their faith.

Thank you. Our experience has been the same. Harry Potter and his friends were good, loving, caring people who were at times brave, innovative, clever, problem solvers, while making mistakes but not being defeated by them. They were at times afraid, disappointed, even inept. But they ultimately overcame and were the good guys helping good to triumph over evil. Such literature while stretching their imaginations and opening up concepts of possibilities are also having their Christian values reinforced without anybody being preachy or obvious about it. And I honestly see that as a good thing.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen an answer to this but if we deem everything good to watch if its like an allegory to Jesus then does mean inappropriate content that has good guy stories is good to watch also? I mean in the end the good guy wins right?

Problem with more and more christians is the bible says they will walk away from God and become more worldly near/in the end. I used to have views that were normal amongst christians. But I feel less and less compelled to share them now that christians are talking the talking and not walking the walk. Which btw I am not perfect either.

Upvote 0

Madsaac

Aug 4, 2010
✟16,973.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't cast a spell or call upon satanic stuff to walk water. He was Jesus.

No your right its not Satanic but you could easily argue that is was magical. Imagine seeing someone walking on water!!?? It would be just incredibly magical, even if he did say he was the son of God.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Halloween is very popular in the secular culture .

It kidnapped the Kids and subconsciously input the values of Satan.

Even the 'Treat or Trick " is very bad. It teaches the Kids to blackmail other people.

Many parents then are kidnapped by the Kids to follow the secular world.

I have to ask

You serve the Kid or you serve' the King'

You serve your son or you serve 'the Son'

Halloween is Just harmless fun to me. I don't celebrate it but nothing wrong with a bit of harmless fun.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
No your right its not Satanic but you could easily argue that is was magical. Imagine seeing someone walking on water!!?? It would be just incredibly magical, even if he did say he was the son of God.

Nothing magical about walking on water. Any decent magician can do it, just an illusion trick.

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Halloween is Just harmless fun to me. I don't celebrate it but nothing wrong with a bit of harmless fun.

Satan is very cunning . Usually the evil is in the details. That is the process itself "training " the youths to adapt to secular culture

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen an answer to this but if we deem everything good to watch if its like an allegory to Jesus then does mean inappropriate content that has good guy stories is good to watch also? I mean in the end the good guy wins right?

Problem with more and more christians is the bible says they will walk away from God and become more worldly near/in the end. I used to have views that were normal amongst christians. But I feel less and less compelled to share them now that christians are talking the talking and not walking the walk. Which btw I am not perfect either.

Totally agree with you.

Evil is in the details.

Through Halloween and Harry Porter , secular culture is diffusing into even churches.

How about some pagans with no Christian parents and said that even his Christian classmates highly support reading this ?

How about secular schoolmates using these to bully the youth believers?

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only sin in the Harry Potter books is that the last book doesn’t take place in Hogwarts.

I love Harry Potter. I’m reading it to my kids and they’re loving it. It’s just a fun read all the way around. If there are people who think it’s sinful to read, that’s their prerogative. As long as they don’t encourage limiting its access banning it in libraries, school, and stores, to each his or her own. One less person to wait behind when the next book comes out.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Of course not all literature or movies or television programs or music are healthy or beneficial for ANYBODY to read or watch, let alone children. The antihero, glorification and sympathetic treatment of gangsters and worse, promoting vulgarity and promiscuity and such as routine and normal, etc. are harmful to us all.

But IMO and experience, fantasy stories that differentiate between good and evil and pull no punches as to which is which are healthy for kids. While they are being entertained they are developing their comprehension skills, increasing their imaginations and creativity, and positive values are reinforced.

Children have an amazing capacity to differentiate between what is real and what is not. And they instinctively know that the fairy godmother or Tinker Bell don't really exist even as they recognize and incorporate understanding of kindness vs cruelty, love vs hate, bravery in spite of fear, trying to succeed will yield much better results than not trying, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grew up reading about Harry Potter and the Greek gods. I'm neither a magician nor a Greek pagan.

Well said. I like your picture of King Arthur from Merlin, by the way.

Merlin is a good show. I wished the series had lasted longer.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Grew up reading about Harry Potter and the Greek gods. I'm neither a magician nor a Greek pagan.

Exactly, and those of us who grew up reading the stories of King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table, and the stories of Robin Hood or spent Saturday afternoons watching shootem ups in the double feature matinee were not the least bit encouraged to go slay dragons or have shoot outs with outlaws.

Just as we can teach Bible including some very inexplicit immoral or violent scenarios without worrying about these corrupting our children or encouraging them in any way to emulate the people in those stories.

Upvote 0