Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The only concern is the issue of vanity. Fixing a crooked nose, things of that nature, shouldn't be problematic. Mutilating your face year after year to achieve some imaginary, impossible standard of beauty is either a problem of vanity, or signs of someone with deeper emotional problems.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
S

Silvanus1

I heard from a pastor once that if you get your nose corrected you criticize God because God made you this way. This argument makes no sense to me at all it's totally silly imo. This is like saying if siamese twins want to get separated they critize God or if a child without legs wants to get prosthetics then this critizes God. :doh:
Or what if a woman is totally depressed and feels inferior because she has no breasts at all then why should she be forced to live with this and continually feel miserable?
Also believing that if somebody has a crooked nose means that God wants it that way doesn't make sense either because if you believe that then you also have to believe if a deformed child is born then God wanted it that way. This is to blame God for sickness and everything which came through the fall of man!

I'd say it's between you and the Lord. If your conscience is fine and you have peace with the Lord then sure.

Upvote 0