canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you seen this new documentary? If you have what are your thoughts and opinions? I haven't bought it yet but I was just considering maybe someone here has watched it

If you haven't watched it ... what do you think of the trailer???

Is Genesis History? - A compelling new documentary.

Reactions: Abraxos

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mustardseed,

Having attended the 'Truth Project' several years ago presented as a class at our fellowship, I'm confident that what Del Tackett is teaching here is the truth. The creation is only about 6,000 years old. Prior to that time there was nothing in the black empty space that comprises our universe, but, black empty space. God then stepped into that vast and unending blackness of nothingness and commanded, "Let there be light!"

However, you're going to get responses that differ from mine and that's ok. Men have not believed the truth of God since very soon after the beginning. Mankind has continually made up scenarios of gods and beings and accounts of how everything got to be as they saw it before their eyes also since very soon after the creation event. Today people will tell you that the creation is billions or millions or even trillions of years old, but just keep in mind that all of that is based on extrapolating data that we know today and applying it to ages past.

It always denies the true power of God. The Scriptures tell us that in the end, when God begins His judgment of mankind that the universe will be rolled up like scroll. That every star will flee from its place. I believe that it was just as easily unrolled like scroll. I believe that Mr. Tackett believes that also.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: MustardSeeed
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen this new documentary? If you have what are your thoughts and opinions? I haven't bought it yet but I was just considering maybe someone here has watched it

If you haven't watched it ... what do you think of the trailer???

Is Genesis History? - A compelling new documentary.

Simple answer yes.

The scientific method is about repeatable experiments that yield predictable results. But there are no experiments that can prove the age of the earth, scientists rationalise analogies between things they can prove to claim the larger theory of an old earth and macro evolution. But as the trailer pointed out it is all very well saying that canyons like the Grand canyon were formed over millions of years but the plain fact is that canyons do not usually last that long. So analogous arguments could just as easily overthrow the Old Earth hypothesis as support it.

The book of Genesis is in my view a better source of historical testimony mainly because of who inspired it and the credibility of Moses through whom it was inspired.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi mustardseed,

Having attended the 'Truth Project' several years ago presented as a class at our fellowship, I'm confident that what Del Tackett is teaching here is the truth. The creation is only about 6,000 years old. Prior to that time there was nothing in the black empty space that comprises our universe, but, black empty space. God then stepped into that vast and unending blackness of nothingness and commanded, "Let there be light!"
Except that "black empty space" is not nothing. It seems more likely to me that God created the space-time manifold in which the universe exists as spart of the same act of creating the matter which makes it up.

However, you're going to get responses that differ from mine and that's ok.
LOL! Too bad it's not OK with some of your coreligionists.

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi mustardseed,

However, you're going to get responses that differ from mine and that's ok. Men have not believed the truth of God since very soon after the beginning. Mankind has continually made up scenarios of gods and beings and accounts of how everything got to be as they saw it before their eyes also since very soon after the creation event. Today people will tell you that the creation is billions or millions or even trillions of years old, but just keep in mind that all of that is based on extrapolating data that we know today and applying it to ages past.

It always denies the true power of God. The Scriptures tell us that in the end, when God begins His judgment of mankind that the universe will be rolled up like scroll. That every star will flee from its place. I believe that it was just as easily unrolled like scroll. I believe that Mr. Tackett believes that also.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Exactly what I believe. That's why I'd love to get my hands on this doc. I believe so too! I recently heard someone explain the meaning of the word universe and I was shocked that I never caught on. Universe - Uni meaning one, verse - speak, compose :) God created the world simply by speaking it into existence

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Simple answer yes.

The scientific method is about repeatable experiments that yield predictable results. But there are no experiments that can prove the age of the earth, scientists rationalise analogies between things they can prove to claim the larger theory of an old earth and macro evolution. But as the trailer pointed out it is all very well saying that canyons like the Grand canyon were formed over millions of years but the plain fact is that canyons do not usually last that long.

Exactly! (post edited for privacy reasons)

The So analogous arguments could just as easily overthrow the Old Earth hypothesis as support it. The book of Genesis is in my view a better source of historical testimony mainly because of who inspired it and the credibility of Moses through whom it was inspired.

Agreed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Except that "black empty space" is not nothing.

Exactly. Nothingness doesn't exist. Check out this forum

Nothing, doesn't exist

One of the commentors summed it up "Nothingness consists of no space, no time, no particles, no fields, no force, no laws of nature, no laws of physics, no logic, no mathematical entities, and no consciousness. Nothingness isn't anything. Nothingness is complete negation of existence."

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except that "black empty space" is not nothing. It seems more likely to me that God created the space-time manifold in which the universe exists as spart of the same act of creating the matter which makes it up.

LOL! Too bad it's not OK with some of your coreligionists.

Hi speedwell,

No, black empty space is void of any matter. There are not protons, nutrons or any other kinds of micro matter contained in black empty space. What you believe to be filling black empty space that we have all around us now is the detritus of other stuff that is out there. But, if none of the stars, planets, asteroids, comets, meteors, rings, etc. etc., that we see all about in the universe was out there -- all we would have is black empty space devoid of any matter, including all micro matter. There would be nothing but a vast empty space of nothingness. That space of nothingness would be absolutely pitch black.

As far as what any of my coreligionists think? I don't much care. I'm not here to approve or agree with anyone else in all of the earth except those that believe and agree with God. Quite frankly, some of my coreligionists are probably a lot like many of your coreligionists as far as believing what you believe to be the truth. Some do and some don't. So, you'd really have to be a bit more specific as to your response to me concerning some coreligionists. Believe it or not, there are some of my coreligionists who believe pretty much the same as I do on this. Del Tackett would be one of them.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi speedwell,

No, black empty space is void of any matter. There are not protons, nutrons or any other kinds of micro matter contained in black empty space. What you believe to be filling black empty space that we have all around us now is the detritus of other stuff that is out there. But, if none of the stars, planets, asteroids, comets, meteors, rings, etc. etc., that we see all about in the universe was out there -- all we would have is black empty space devoid of any matter, including all micro matter. There would be nothing but a vast empty space of nothingness. That space of nothingness would be absolutely pitch black.
If it was nothingness there wouldn't be any "black, empty space." The space/time manifold, even if it contains no matter or radiation, is not nothing.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. Nothingness doesn't exist. Check out this forum

Nothing, doesn't exist

One of the commentors summed it up "Nothingness consists of no space, no time, no particles, no fields, no force, no laws of nature, no laws of physics, no logic, no mathematical entities, and no consciousness. Nothingness isn't anything. Nothingness is complete negation of existence."

HI mustard seed,

So, you're going to let an atheist forum tell you what's the truth? Ok.

Friend, if you took out absolutely every particle of anything from the space in which all the heavenly bodies of the universe presently exist, you would have nothing. Take out all the planets. Take out all the stars. Take out all the light. Take out all the asteroids, comets, meteors and, if they exist, black holes and worm holes and dark matter and so forth. Take out absolutely every particle of anything in the whole of the universe, you would still have the 'space' in which everything now resides with nothing in it. The area that the universe now resides within would still be there, but there would be absolutely nothing in all of that space.

The absence of absolutely everything from the smallest micro particle to the largest star or planet would leave you with total and absolutely blackness. You wouldn't be able to see your hand in front of your face. Of course, you wouldn't be there to see it anyway because there would be nothing in all of space. So, just so you understand, I think that you can have space with absolutely nothing because all of the stuff that is now in space is from God's creative work.

According to the Scriptures, there is nothing that exists that God didn't make. However, black empty space is not necessarily a created thing. It is what one has with the absence of anything.

In your link, Raptor Jesus says that it is his 'thinking' that leads him to believe that nothing doesn't exist. In a later post he agrees that nothing can exist, but then it would be nothing.

Either way, either nothing is not a thing, or nothing is a thing and not really nothing in the "classical" sense of the usage of the term.

Heywood Jablome hit the nail on the head:
Nothingness consists of no space, no time, no particles, no fields, no force, no laws of nature, no laws of physics, no logic, no mathematical entities, and no consciousness. Nothingness isn't anything. Nothingness is complete negation of existence.

That is exactly what nothing is!

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it was nothingness there wouldn't be any "black, empty space." The space/time manifold, even if it contains no matter or radiation, is not nothi
If it was nothingness there wouldn't be any "black, empty space." The space/time manifold, even if it contains no matter or radiation, is not nothing.

HI speedwell,

The statement 'if it was nothingness there wouldn't be any "black empty space" is not a true statement. Space exists. A defined area exists because the concept of 'space' is just area. So, the place where all the stars and planets, etc. etc., now reside, would still exist. It can certainly be a difficult concept to grasp if one believes that space is something, but true space is nothing but a defined area. That area can exist and that area can be void of anything physical.

If the earth and all the heavenly bodies across the universe merely disappeared, the space that they are now in, would still exist. It would just be void of any physical matter. No protons, neutrons, atoms, or waves made up of such things.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
An atom is made of 99.9999999999% of empty space and the other 0.0000000001% is very strange stuff. As someone once said if someone tells you they understand quantum mechanics they are either crazy or lying.

Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the world were framed by the word of God so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MustardSeeed
Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
HI mustard seed,

So, you're going to let an atheist forum tell you what's the truth? Ok.

No, it's perspective

Friend, if you took out absolutely every particle of anything from the space in which all the heavenly bodies of the universe presently exist, you would have nothing. Take out all the planets. Take out all the stars. Take out all the light. Take out all the asteroids, comets, meteors and, if they exist, black holes and worm holes and dark matter and so forth. Take out absolutely every particle of anything in the whole of the universe, you would still have the 'space' in which everything now resides with nothing in it. The area that the universe now resides within would still be there, but there would be absolutely nothing in all of that space.

The world was once void ... it no longer is according to the Bible. That's what I believe

Heywood Jablome hit the nail on the head:
Nothingness consists of no space, no time, no particles, no fields, no force, no laws of nature, no laws of physics, no logic, no mathematical entities, and no consciousness. Nothingness isn't anything. Nothingness is complete negation of existence.

That is exactly what nothing is!

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

So we are on the same page then? lol

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
An atom is made of 99.9999999999% of empty space and the other 0.0000000001% is very strange stuff. As someone once said if someone tells you they understand quantum mechanics they are either crazy or lying.

Lol you don't have to tell me twice. I go to a stem school. what was it 1s 2s 2 p ? its easy to remember but hard to actually understand (for me)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mustardseed,

Perspective: a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

As defined, a perspective is a 'way' of regarding something; a 'point of view'.

Yes, I would agree with you that such ideas are perspectives, however, speaking for myself, I'm not looking for that -- I'm looking for truth.

So, what is the truth? Can there be a space of nothingness within the area defined as the universe if you take out all the physical things that exist within that defined area of space within the universe?

What one's particular perspective that might play in to their answer to the question isn't necessarily the truth of the answer to the question.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The interesting question regarding presentations like this is: What do they accomplish? Is this just preaching to the choir, or is it something that will change the minds of those with different views? Is it intended to change minds or just to reassure those who already agree with it?

To me attempts like this seem fractally misdirected.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is this just preaching to the choir, or is it something that will change the minds of those with different views? Is it intended to change minds or just to reassure those who already agree with it?

I think it's obviously both. In a general sense, you could say the same thing about any topic/documentary that is even remotely controversial. Look at the YouTube comments ... you'll see both points of view

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, what is the truth? Can there be a space of nothingness within the area defined as the universe if you take out all the physical things that exist within that defined area of space within the universe?

The Bible says in the beginning the earth was without form and void. Then God created things. If God took away all the physical things that exist and removed his creation then yes the world would be void

What one's particular perspective that might play in to their answer to the question isn't necessarily the truth of the answer to the question.

Obviously

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I think it's obviously both. In a general sense, you could say the same thing about any topic/documentary that is even remotely controversial. Look at the YouTube comments ... you'll see both points of view

Sure, but does that change any minds? Usually people present what is convincing to themselves without ever understanding why other people hold different views. They conflate "what is convincing to me" with "objective & scientific".

Upvote 0