Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't want to be that guy whos wife would stand in front of him naked and he says "Move honey, your in my way!". That story scares me every time that a man would choose gaming over being intimate. >.>

Never seen that happen... and my husband and I are BOTH gamers.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Never seen that happen... and my husband and I are BOTH gamers.
Neither have, mainly since I'd wonder why I am in the room with the couple. LOL. But seriously I wonder what the percentage is of couples that do this. Maybe it seems more common because those that don't do it just don't speak up about it. Heck now that I am married my gaming time is down to like 5%. I'd much rather be with my wife (and being intimate) then playing a game.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2012
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's pretty easy to laugh topics like this off, but I think it's legitimately a problem, especially for many younger people.
I used to play video games so excessively that it was pushing 40-50+ hours a week. It got to the point that I'd play video games instead of spending time with God in scripture, attending church, or attending Bible study groups. It also caused me to nearly flunk out of college.
In my case, video games were most certainly an idol.
Note that video games are still one of my biggest hobbies even after fixing my priorities, but I really only play on average two hours a day now (not that there's anything inherently wrong playing more than that)
Video games are a form of entertainment, just like movies, television, and books. Nothing intrinsically idolatrous about it. But anything can be turned into an idol is we put it above God.

Upvote 0

MJ Bond

Apr 19, 2012
✟18,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do admit that I play games very often. There's underlying reasons for that though. For one, I have very varied interests and hardly anyone I know likes the same things. And the bigger reason, well, I spend 80 to 90 percent of my money helping out my family, so it kinda leaves me shorthanded as far as providing for myself and having any kind of life are concerned. Most people would take one look at my life and say, "Looks kind of dark." And I'd say, "Looks are deceiving, when YOU are involved." The greatest of changes happen within me, even if on the outside I seem to not change.

Upvote 0