Not open for further replies.

EyezOFire

Jun 29, 2006
✟8,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched "Supersize Me" the movie about the guy who eats McDonalds 3 times a day for 30 days. I've become convinced that this is but another way the enemy is killing people through obesity and greed.

Here some things to think about

McDonalds -- "One taste worldwide" You can walk into any McDonalds in the world and have food that taste exactly the same everywhere.

In one hamburger patty there could be meat from more than 1000 different cows..

McDonalds fries take a long time to break down- in the movie he showed an experiment where he left regular fries in a glass jar and McDonalds fries sealed them up, and after 7 days the regular fries were molded so he threw them away. After 10 weeks of the McDonalds fries their were no signs of mold or even one spore of mold they still looked fresh and tasty...

The food contains chemicals that make you crave more- kinda like drugs..

Also eating lots of fast foods can be linked to depression.

You should check this film out it's very interesting.

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I do feel sad if, at the end of the week, I've eaten fast food more than twice.

Here's the thing with my childhood. We never had enough money to go to McDonald's but, at most, once a month. Tell a child no (especially who has a kinda OCD about everything) enough times and that's the only thing they'll want. In my adult life, I find myself drawn to McD's because of never getting to go there when I was little.

I've found that a lot of food we supposedly like is food we're told we should like. McD's for instance. When you get down to it, their food is cardboard on dry bread. However, we go there anyway because of childhood memories and being told that this is good food.

Of course, even without all the fast food, you can still feed your kids fat-loaded and calorie-loaded foods. All I ate growing up was fried food. To see what that's done, look at my profile photo. And discipline play a part too. I could easily sneak a ton snacks out of the fridge when I was little and almost never got punished. I find it hard to control myself in adult life to slow down and think about what I'm eating. I'm always praying that the Lord would guide me on when and when not to eat...

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm no dietician, but let me give some advice, if I may:

Don't look at the numbers. READ THE WORDS. Carbs and calories mean nothing if the ingredients themselves are bad for you. Read your labels.

Buy organic. The local grocery store prices for organic are not that much differently than the prices for those sprayed with pesticides. Grow your own vegetables and fruits if you can.

Wash produce with Veggie Wash. Soap, or water alone, does not rinse off everything you need off your produce. Veggie Wash has a nice lemony scent, and has some seed oils in it also - no chemicals. Cleans the floor good, too! :D Veggie Wash retails for about $3.00 a bottle, and should last you a good little while. It's definitely better than dish detergent!

Buy meat that is not raised on hormones or other chemicals. The short-term cost offsets long-term health costs.

Spend 15 dollars or so, on a Brita water filter. You will love the taste, and you will feel great.

Increase water intake. Caffeine-rich beverages [soda, coffee, tea] dehydrate you, and make weight loss more difficult. Tea also inhibits iron absorption [although not entirely]. However, tea also contains flavanoids, which support immune system health.

Rotate your selection of fruits and vegetables. Visit the local health food store and browse what alternatives you will find.

Buy a juicer, and drink straight fruit instead of fruit juices. Try blending them, for instance, putting ice and strawberries and bananas in a blender! Golly, that's what's good!

Avoid any product with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. It's not juice! It's SYRUP!

Oh, I could go on. Anyone else? :thumbsup:

Oh ... and one more ... I almost forgot ...

"Thus saith the Lord: My children, get your vitamins and minerals from food, not from pills." :D

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the organic foods movement is one of those leftovers from the hippies that just won't die.

I think it's value is vastly overstated and the truth is you are in more danger from getting sick from organic food than normal food because the fertilizer used on organic food is cow manure. If you do not thoroughly clean your organic food who knows what you will catch!

Frankly, I've noticed that people who eat organic food tend to comes across as kind of...elitist. As if their lettuce is any more special than mine!

Course, mine was cheaper, but hey, I saved some money! I can buy more gum with it!

Upvote 0

Diatheke

Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nebraska
Visit site
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched that documentary - pretty interesting but no I don't think fast food is of the devil.
Food is like the rest of life; all about choices.
People make stupid choices everyday and the easiest excuse is to blame the devil.

There is a couple of stories about people who did the same thing but ate the salads and healthier foods at McDonalds and lost a bunch of weight.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/18/earlyshow/health/main681539.shtml

Of course nobody made a TV show about it because it's not sensational.

Upvote 0

onlinealice

Apr 4, 2006
✟15,307.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great Post Questioning Christian. I agree with everything you said! I am in college to be a Dietician. Organic foods are not a leftover hippie stage. :scratch: Poison being sprayed on our food is stupid. Both my grandmothers, 3 aunts, Godfather, next door neighbor, a cousin, several friends, brother in law, and my mother have had cancer. Most of them have died. They have said the chemicals cause cancer that are sprayed on our food. It has never been tested on growing childrens bodies.
Our body is a temple and we are to put the best quality food into it. We are supposed to eat to live and not gorge/ glutton ourselves to death.
I don't think the devil made McDonalds but if you eat that food (is that food?;) ) you are hurting yourself.

Upvote 0

EyezOFire

Jun 29, 2006
✟8,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
PLease note I dont really believe fast food is of the devil- I thought it would be a funny title and make people curious to post... However I do see that fast food contributes to the decline of health here in America, it's not so much the devils fault as it is personal responsibility..

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
heres' a secret about McDonalds and most fast food places. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is the same. In the back they have this vat and a conveyer belt.

SQUIRT here's a Cheeseburger
SQUIRT put the French Fries in a box
SQUIRT Apple Pie
SQUIRT soft drink......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is Marijuana from God or Satan? Marijuana is a herb and part of God's creation for a purpose (medically) but Satan influenced others to use Marijuana for recreation. There are two general principles which help Christians decide whether they should use or agree regarding eating fast food: Caring for ourselves and caring for others. Christians should ask two questions:How would eating affect our bodies? Will it affect our relationship with God? The most important Scripture in this regard is 1Corinthians 6:19, "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" Paul said, "But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection ..." (1 Corinthians 9:27). The key word here is "discipline." Starting and maintaining a proper diet and exercise program involves more than anything else, discipline and caring enough for yourself (again, "...as you love yourself") to take care of yourself. You have to remember that exercise should not become an obsession.

Unhealthy lifestyle leads to depression. Whatever the lifestyle you live in. Whether it is food, alcohol or whatever, you need to get out of the bad lifestyle.

I eat fast food but fast food is not my primary source of my meals. I rather eat healthy meals. Fast food is just a luxury (I prefer pizzas :D )

Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Ok;

Del Taco vs. Taco Bell vs. McDonald's vs. Burger King vs. Jack in the Box vs. In N' Out vs. Long John Silver vs. Wendy's vs. Dennies vs. R'bies or however you spell it...

Which is the lesser evil? :D

Those are all the ones I could think of off the top of my head..

My favourites in that list are In N' Out and Del Taco :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟839,921.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
CooL_Genesis said:
This verse jumped out at me while I was reading through this thread...

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. -Mat 15:11

God Bless!

-Genesis

I agree. I was thinking exactly the same. What defiles a person is what comes out of their heart. An evil person speaks evil and shows what his or her heart is really like. A godly person speaks good things out of a good, renewed heart with the law of God written on it. This is the way you tell if a person is going to stand before God in the great Judgement, or is going to appear before Jesus at the Judgement Seat of Christ. You just stand and listen to hear what comes out of his or her mouth. Cursings, put downs, criticisms, gossiping, profanity all come out of the mouth of a person who is heading in the direction of hell. Blessings, encouragements, faith statements and confessions, words full of the love and the grace of God all come out of the mouths of those who are truly born again of Christ.

I can't help putting this little knife of conviction in and twisting it around. You can apply this same test to the posts on this forum. I wonder where the people who are flaming, accusing, criticising, putting down, hijacking others' threads and being rude to others on this forum are really heading, in spite of their "Christian" profession? Are they not speaking from their hearts, and are their hearts full of the spirit of Christ? Remember, those who do not have the spirit of Christ are none of His. We can easily identify those people on this forum.

The godly ones with good hearts toward God are the ones who speak love, compassion, and grace from the Holy Spirit; who treat others with respect and seek to build others up in the faith. They are patient and kind with those who make mistakes in their posts, and are not quick to show their superior Bible knowledge in a way that makes others feel small and inadequate. They use their Bible knowledge to bring others closer to Christ by building up their faith and confidence.

John, in his letter, says that we must test every spirit to see whether it is from God or not. We can test the spirit behind the posts we read through what is said in them.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JTM3 said:
Ok;

Del Taco vs. Taco Bell vs. McDonald's vs. Burger King vs. Jack in the Box vs. In N' Out vs. Long John Silver vs. Wendy's vs. Dennies vs. R'bies or however you spell it...

Which is the lesser evil? :D

Those are all the ones I could think of off the top of my head..

My favourites in that list are In N' Out and Del Taco :D

By the way, I've lost 25 pounds the last couple of months, and I eat fast food almost daily. The key is to watch your caloriesand be careful. I rack my brains all the time trying to figure out a good place to eat. For this, this site has become invaluable. you can look up the nutrional value at restaurants or fast food. Now I know why I was gaining so much weight - General Tzo's chicken typically has anywhere from 800-1600 calories a serving!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟839,921.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Christina M said:
The visual on that is not good.... :sick:

Squirtable food....... ughhhhh.

Do they still have squirtable food tubes when they go up on the space shuttle?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.