Is Donald asking for the investigation of the media and Saturday Night Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Indeed -- it would be quite upsetting to have to explain to you how healthcare falls under the category of "promote the general welfare."

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to upset you. Perhaps you can explain how accurate information about what's happening in the government that we fund doesn't promote the general welfare since that seems to be what you want to change the subject to.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I can't accept your thanks Aldebaran on account of what you're thanking me for being entirely wrong. I'm not a liberal. Never was. I'm a registered Republican. Supported John McCain & Mitt Romney. I never was much of a fan of President Obama's but gracious is he vastly superior than Donald in every way.

Could you do me a favor, Adlebaran, and show me where anybody spent 5 years & a whole heck of a lot of drama all about some white Republican president's birth certificate that's on par with Donald's nonsense with President Obama's? You really don't think the birther conspiracy theory nonsense was racist, Aldebaran? Jeepers, that was a huge part of its appeal. I lived in an area that liked to make lynching "jokes" about President Obama, call him that black man in the White House. They LOVED Donald for trying to prove that black president wasn't really the president. A whole bunch of folks felt the same.

I don't need to you show a scenario where a white person was accused of exactly the same thing. Otherwise, I could have you showing me where any black person has been treated in the MSM like Trump is. But while we're at it, why don't you show me a case where a white person has ever withheld their birth certificate from public view for 5 years.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to you show a scenario where a white person was accused of exactly the same thing. Otherwise, I could have you showing me where any black person has been treated in the MSM like Trump is. But while we're at it, why don't you show me a case where a white person has ever withheld their birth certificate from public view for 5 years.

Oh, a black person treated like Trump is? Cool. Check out the early press coverage of Martin Luther King, Jr. Depending on perspective, it might be worse than Donny gets.

I can't think of an instance where a white person was publicly told to show their birth certificate for five years. I've never seen Trump's. Maybe he was really born in Mexico!!!!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Am I the only person, that miss having a real grown up as a president ? I'm not sure of your point. Obama made several good points . To bad he can run for president again, After this Trump nightmare is over .

What people were getting sick of was the same old career politicians. Bush, Clinton, Bush, and now another Clinton. People were getting tired of politicians in general.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seriously. People should go look at newspapers in the 1800s and how they covered political subjects. Bias hardly even covers what was happening then.

Did the presidents of that time continue to treat the Press as their buddy when the Press turned against them?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can't think of an instance where a white person was publicly told to show their birth certificate for five years. I've never seen Trump's. Maybe he was really born in Mexico!!!!

Maybe that's because they didn't try to hide it for that long.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Did the presidents of that time continue to treat the Press as their buddy when the Press turned against them?

Depends on the President.

I don't care if Trump treats anybody like his buddy and he can speak out if he wants. But the Press can continue to accurately report on what he says and does. You know. "Fake news".

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I haven't seen Donald's. Is he hiding it? He hasn't released it publicly.

If you have questions about where he was born, then have the Press inquire about it. So far, there doesn't seem to be any question about where he was born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you have questions about where he was born, then have the Press inquire about it. So far, there doesn't seem to be any question about where he was born.

PM me your workout routine, k? You move those goalposts like a CHAMP.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, Trump really has a moral right to whine about people insulting him, as if he's not guilty of insulting hundreds of people he doesn't like. Maybe he should the person who is investigated for defaming and belittling people. It would be a very long list of people he's insulted and defamed.

Like I said in tulc's thread here, Trump should take a long hard look in the mirror. This is the man who called Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' during an official ceremony to honor the surviving Navajo Code Talkers. This is the man who called the inappropriate content star he had an affair with a 'horseface'. This is the man who called the black NFL football players 'sons of [insert profane word]' because they knelt during the national anthem. He doesn't have a moral leg to stand on to whine about people insulting him.

The people whom President Trump has called stupid

Insult, provoke, repeat: how Donald Trump became America's Hugo Chávez

The 550 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

When some have tried to even suggest God chose Trump and is working through him (not just in the normal way, but in a special way), to me it strongly suggests God might mean to punish America like this:

4 I will make boys their leaders,
and toddlers their rulers.
5 People will oppress each other—
man against man,
neighbor against neighbor.
Young people will insult their elders,
and vulgar people will sneer at the honorable."
Isaiah 3 NLT

But I hope not, of course. We can beg God for mercy if we are on that path.

(Another possible way that might fit though is that eventually the time will come that will be like Christ foretold, when a mostly-peace will give way to war and rumors of war, and things will be worse than ever has been in history, according to His description. If so, it will be even more needed to pray every day the prayer He gave us in Matthew 6.)

But, it could be that instead God simply allows us to learn our lessons, like a good parent. We as a nation brought Trump on ourselves, and need to learn, as a nation, the outcome of our choices, and learn from it, the bitter lessons of how it matters when we get become as a nation too selfish and ignore the instruction of Christ about what is good.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
PM me your workout routine, k? You move those goalposts like a CHAMP.

Don't you remember what you said? You only wrote it 13 minutes ago:
I haven't seen Donald's. Is he hiding it? He hasn't released it publicly.

So again:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When some have tried to even suggest God chose Trump and is working through him (not just in the normal way, but in a special way), to me it strongly suggests God might mean to punish America like this:

4 I will make boys their leaders,
and toddlers their rulers.
5 People will oppress each other—
man against man,
neighbor against neighbor.
Young people will insult their elders,
and vulgar people will sneer at the honorable."
Isaiah 3 NLT

But I hope not, of course. We can beg God for mercy if we are on that path.

(Another possible way that might fit though is that eventually the time will come that will be like Christ foretold, when a mostly-peace will give way to war and rumors of war, and things will be worse than ever has been in history, according to His description. If so, it will be even more needed to pray every day the prayer He gave us in Matthew 6.)

But, it could be that instead God simply allows us to learn our lessons, like a good parent. We as a nation brought Trump on ourselves, and need to learn, as a nation, the outcome of our choices, and learn from it, the bitter lessons of how it matters when we get become as a nation too selfish and ignore the instruction of Christ about what is good.

Well, when Israel rebelled and wanted their own leader, He gave them Saul.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Don't you remember what you said? You only wrote it 13 minutes ago:

So again:

Your original question is about a white person witholding it for five years and you avoid the question if a white person has been asked to withhold it.

But since Trump has not released it, he is withholding it. Shame on him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your original question is about a white person witholding it for five years and you avoid the question if a white person has been asked to withhold it.

But since Trump has not released it, he is withholding it. Shame on him!

If there's a question about his birthplace, then SOMEone can ask him to prove where he was born by showing his birth certificate. If you are that someone, then ask.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If there's a question about his birthplace, then SOMEone can ask him to prove where he was born by showing his birth certificate. If you are that someone, then ask.

Why aren't the same people who asked for Obama's asking for Trump's? What is the difference between them? Do you guys not like Hawaii? Is that it? Because it entered the Union so late?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why aren't the same people who asked for Obama's asking for Trump's? What is the difference between them? Do you guys not like Hawaii? Is that it? Because it entered the Union so late?

I heard Trump was asking for Obama's birth certificate. Am I wrong? So maybe the reason the same person isn't asking for Trump's birth certificate is because he already has it.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I heard Trump was asking for Obama's birth certificate. Am I wrong? So maybe the reason the same person isn't asking for Trump's birth certificate is because he already has it.

So it was just Trump, at a podium, with nobody there at all agreeing with him? Dude, stop shilling. We all know you aren't this dense.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So it was just Trump, at a podium, with nobody there at all agreeing with him? Dude, stop shilling. We all know you aren't this dense.

Oh, relax! If you want to know why those people agreeing with him before aren't now asking him for his, you should look them up and ASK. I'm not a mind reader.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.